LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the DWTIQ pics should be switched. The way I s it, guy in darkcar is in paying/getting a coke, etc. in MS/DWTIQ 1st pic, then pumping his gas (he is leaning on back of car to me, not walking in to pay) hen DWTIQ is passing again (back up the road after having followed/been behind MS I'm first sequence of pics).

Thoughts?

It appears that one is extended cab because you cannot see the handle since the sign is in the way (and also the angle of the picture causes a slight illusion.) However, LPD specifically said that the truck is a 4 door.

I just made my hubby look at the three pics (he's not at all into this) and he said very quickly - the two trucks are not the same truck... he said one is extended cab and one is crew cab... plain and simple. We've had one type and have the other type now.

who knows...i was just surprised it was so cut and dried to him looking at the pics for a few seconds.

I stated that as a possibility earlier and it was quickly shot down.

I just made my hubby look at the three pics (he's not at all into this) and he said very quickly - the two trucks are not the same truck... he said one is extended cab and one is crew cab... plain and simple. We've had one type and have the other type now.

who knows...i was just surprised it was so cut and dried to him looking at the pics for a few seconds.
Thanks. We had other people on here who would know say they were different trucks but I didn't understand why until you posted that. Now I see how they can be different, the crew cab is longer, it's the one faced opposite of the way Mickey is traveling, turning left onto Univ. It would be obvious if the sign wasn't blocking the back door of the other truck because extended cabs don't have back door handles.

So.....LE knows who was driving the truck? If they are certain both trucks are the same....going and coming....then obviously they have the plate number, owner, etc. Cool

Not necessarily. If the abductor crossed state lines with Mickey, then yes, it would be a federal crime.

Kidnapping is a federal offense whether state lines are crossed or not. That law is a result of the Lindbergh kidnapping.

Interesting.

Considering you have to prepay, though, I think it would seem like Mickey's picture goes first. Black car driver is inside paying.

Truck follows right behind Mickey. Black car driver is still inside paying.

In the next two minutes, white car pulls up at pump.

Truck comes back up St. Landry. Black car driver walking to pump gas (maybe he had to open the cover from the driver's side?). White car driver going inside to pre-pay.

I agree - and I also believe that this truck then turned on to University and was caught again on camera at 1:51 and has nothing to do with the truck that followed behind Mickey on St Landry. I think the police would have purposefully shown us both pics of the truck when identifying it, would have told us it has a chrome gas cover and would have told us which order the pics were taken in. The pics work in both orders but this one is the most logical - to me, of course.

I have no idea what you just said lol

What is dwtiq?

Damn white truck in question - coined by another poster (don't know who) when I was lurking during the white truck debate - thought that's how we were referring to it, my bad for the confusion!!

this same thing just took place in my house. SO took one look and said that he didn't think the trucks were the same...then he started pointing out stuff...

they REALLLLLY need to straighten out this truck situation. i mean, COME ON people! how are we, the public, supposed to help when we don't know what we are supposed to be looking for?!
I know how frustrating this is. Honestly, I do.

But we, the public, are only given the information they want we, the public, to have.

It sucks, I agree :(

When you have to say "that's how I read it", it means you're assuming that's what someone meant. That's fine as long it's not passed along as fact. It was never clear. The police NEVER said, "the white truck in the left turn lane on St Landrey is the same truck on University and we eliminated it", or something similar. People speak imprecisely all the time. It's just that nobody tried to clarify it so they filled in what was unclear with what they assumed. I have always thought they were the same truck (on St Landrey) and so did some other people here.[/QUOTE

LE provides the picture of the truck turning left onto University from St. Landry. A few days later they post an updated picture of the initial truck, clearly showing a bed cover. They also give us the picture of the truck traveling on St. Landry in the same direction as Mickey and a picture of a hoopty. Then a few more days later LE says that they have spoken to the owners of the initial white truck (which would mean the one turning onto University and pictured on University) and the hoopty and they had no further evidence. I am not assuming anything in this, as this is what the release said.

So does or doesn't the truck remaining in question have a chrome gas cap cover thingy? That would narrow down the white Z71 pool significantly. It is a Z71, right?

I don't know if it's chrome of black but I talked to the police officer about the chrome gas cap in the FB pic and he thought it was significant enough that he asked me to leave it on the tip line (which is voice mail).

It appears that one is extended cab because you cannot see the handle since the sign is in the way (and also the angle of the picture causes a slight illusion.) However, LPD specifically said that the truck is a 4 door.

Exactly. We need to realize, LE has the video. They were able to see this truck driving along before the sign got in the way of the back door handles. They said it's a crew cab (4 door).

Maybe someone (Artis, since he has a rapport) could call the LPD and ask about the order of the three pics.

Probably ridiculous, but I almost feel like LE threw this whole WT thing out there, knowing it is irrelevant just to keep "us" busy while they build their case based on the loads more info they have. They appreciate help, but to a certain extent. After a while it is just inteference, IMO. I mean, look at the dozens of pages devoted to these trucks!

To further confuse things... the extended cab trucks DO have 4 doors - the back seat doors open the opposite way the driver/passenger doors do (at least on my truck) The little doors don't have a handle on the outside. You have to open the driver or passenger door first to get to the handle to open the little back doors... so technically - I guess they both do have 4 doors. sigh...

Assuming that the police saw the video and not the still shots that we have, they would see that it has four doors, no?

I'm wondering if the angle of the trucks is doing something tricky with our eyes too. It would appear that neither of them are driving perfectly parallel with the curb.

Now though they are telling people by phone that it is the same truck - even if this is still what they have in print online and in the papers here. Ive never seen a Z71 that didnt have those huge decals on both sides of the truck bed...that's the one major identifier of a Z71...the big icon on both sides of the truck either over the wheel or closer to the tailgate. Not that they don't exist - I just haven't seen one like that before.

One of the posters here said he sold Chevy's and that not all Z71s have the decal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip