LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone (Artis, since he has a rapport) could call the LPD and ask about the order of the three pics.

The problem is that it seems like the last guy Artis talked to probably gave him wrong info about the trucks being the same.

Heavy at first but not much since the bike - small blurbs here and there. I'm speaking about BR news - spent a few nights in NOLA and didn't see anything on their news during that time, only watched late evenings. When we've been in Lafayette over the past two weeks - its all you hear about anywhere you go. Heading back to Laffy tomorrow actually to help however we can and figure out how we can spread the word better over here.

Agreed, not much coverage since the bike was found. Also, I didn't see the family on baton rouge news. I feel like BR should cover more since so close to whiskey bay.

Today we went to NOLA and I asked my brither inlaw if he has heard about the missing girl. Who said no then yes, oh yeah that college girl. But he didnt know any more than that!!!! He's a doctor in NOLA. I was baffled!

Furthermore, we went to creole creamery and there wasn't a mickey flyer there, but there was a do not serve this man flyer in reference to nfl roger goodel. I wish I would have brought a flyer :(

Lastly, on the way to Nola I realized how many places there are with trees and dense shrubbery and swamp that would be ideal for hiding a body. There were lots of fishermen out and about at least.

Where is this girl? How soon did they find Pam kinnamore after she went missing? Also, was derrick Todd lee still driving around is his white truck after it was a VOI?

When you have to say "that's how I read it", it means you're assuming that's what someone meant. That's fine as long it's not passed along as fact. It was never clear. The police NEVER said, "the white truck in the left turn lane on St Landrey is the same truck on University and we eliminated it", or something similar. People speak imprecisely all the time. It's just that nobody tried to clarify it so they filled in what was unclear with what they assumed. I have always thought they were the same truck (on St Landrey) and so did some other people here.

LE provides the picture of the truck turning left onto University from St. Landry. A few days later they post an updated picture of the initial truck, clearly showing a bed cover. They also give us the picture of the truck traveling on St. Landry in the same direction as Mickey and a picture of a hoopty. Then a few more days later LE says that they have spoken to the owners of the initial white truck (which would mean the one turning onto University and pictured on University) and the hoopty and they had no further evidence. I am not assuming anything in this, as this is what the release said.
It's also possible that initially they thought it was the same truck turning left on University but then realized later it wasn't but then didn't update the public to that info. Right?

Kidnapping is a federal offense whether state lines are crossed or not. That law is a result of the Lindbergh kidnapping.

Not true.

Following the historic Lindbergh kidnapping (the abduction and murder of Charles Lindbergh's toddler son), the United States Congress adopted a federal kidnapping statute—popularly known as the Federal Kidnapping Act 18 U.S.C.*§*1201(a)(1) (also known as the Lindbergh Law, or Little Lindbergh Law) — which was intended to let federal authorities step in and pursue kidnappers once they had crossed state lines with their victim.

bbm

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Kidnapping_Act"]Federal Kidnapping Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Not true.

Following the historic Lindbergh kidnapping (the abduction and murder of Charles Lindbergh's toddler son), the United States Congress adopted a federal kidnapping statute—popularly known as the Federal Kidnapping Act 18 U.S.C.*§*1201(a)(1) (also known as the Lindbergh Law, or Little Lindbergh Law) — which was intended to let federal authorities step in and pursue kidnappers once they had crossed state lines with their victim.

bbm

Federal Kidnapping Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://law.wlu.edu/deptimages/Law Review/65-2Ram.pdf

I don't know if it's chrome of black but I talked to the police officer about the chrome gas cap in the FB pic and he thought it was significant enough that he asked me to leave it on the tip line (which is voice mail).

Yes, after 7pm it goes to vm. Did you leave the msg? I would also call back tomorrow and speak to someone.

It's also possible that initially they thought it was the same truck turning left on University but then realized later it wasn't but then didn't update the public to that info. Right?

It is possible, but I thought we were using information that we currently have.

Hey I think I've found something.

I went to the lapd site I just linked to download clean pics myself to play with in photoshop. When you right-click to save as on the first four pics (under May 26th), they are labeled as "Picture 1", "Picture 2", "Picture 3" and "Picture 4".

When you do the same for the two pictures posted on May 25th, they are labeled as "Truck(0151)" and "Versailles(0147)". I think those numbers are the time stamps.

even it was the order the pics were uploaded 'versailles' would still be before truck 0151

It is possible, but I thought we were using information that we currently have.
I hear you but we've got conflicting information. Though if I'm looking at this logically, we should only take a police officer's word if he's an actual detective working the case. God knows how much confusion there's been over these clucking trucks - it's highly possible that there's confusion amongst LPD as well.

But then again, it might not matter to them if those pics are the same or not because they're already hot on someone's trail ;) :please:

Assuming that the police saw the video and not the still shots that we have, they would see that it has four doors, no?

yes... Eaves... maybe I'm being too literal in the "four doors" thing. Some years ago we had a Chevy truck, extended cab that had a back seat, etc... but only 2 doors.. you had to slide the front seat up and fold it forward to easily get in the back seat.

I guess I'm stuck on trying to clarify the "four doors" thing... did they mean four doors that open like regular car doors or four doors that can open at all? I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse... :deadhorse:

even it was the order the pics were uploaded 'versailles' would still be before truck 0151
I'm not suggesting that's the order the pics were uploaded. I'm suggesting that those numbers are part of their file name. And further suggesting that they were named as such as part of the time stamp.

Agreed, not much coverage since the bike was found. Also, I didn't see the family on baton rouge news. I feel like BR should cover more since so close to whiskey bay.

Today we went to NOLA and I asked my brither inlaw if he has heard about the missing girl. Who said no then yes, oh yeah that college girl. But he didnt know any more than that!!!! He's a doctor in NOLA. I was baffled!

Furthermore, we went to creole creamery and there wasn't a mickey flyer there, but there was a do not serve this man flyer in reference to nfl roger goodel. I wish I would have brought a flyer :(

Lastly, on the way to Nola I realized how many places there are with trees and dense shrubbery and swamp that would be ideal for hiding a body. There were lots of fishermen out and about at least.

Where is this girl? How soon did they find Pam kinnamore after she went missing? Also, was derrick Todd lee still driving around is his white truck after it was a VOI?

Do you have flyers? Do you need more?

eta: I was reading and thinking you were from somewhere out of town but if you are local nevermind lol.

From what I remember of Pam Kinnamore, she was found within a week of going missing. And, yes, I think Derrick Todd Lee continued to drive his white truck after becoming the VOI. For a very long time, the BRPD were looking for a white male with a white truck anyway, so he probably didn't feel threatened.

I think that if it was an extended cab they would have said extended cab. Perhaps you are being too literal? The trunk of my car is a door, but I don't consider it to be a five door vehicle. (I'm trying not to be snarky, just trying to make it make sense but I don't think it ever will)

Thanks for that info. That explains why the dead guy was at fault but it also explains McGee's culpability. The first person who leaked the info about the cops questioning McGee about Mickey's case, said that the man who was killed was a father. I'll bet there are still some very hard feelings around that terrible night.

He also owned the I-10 Exxon in Henderson....It is on the corner of the Henderson Hwy and Grand Point. McGee has to travel in front of it every day to get home. I'm sure that McGee had been in that store many times before the accident.

yes... Eaves... maybe I'm being too literal in the "four doors" thing. Some years ago we had a Chevy truck, extended cab that had a back seat, etc... but only 2 doors.. you had to slide the front seat up and fold it forward to easily get in the back seat.

I guess I'm stuck on trying to clarify the "four doors" thing... did they mean four doors that open like regular car doors or four doors that can open at all? I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse... :deadhorse:

That is a good point though. Maybe rather than the posters here, the PD PR dept should get the lecture on speaking precisely.

can we sleuth the company name in this photo--i can't quite make it out but a local might?!

(sbm)

Not a mod, but NO you can't.

You guys also need to stop posting links to RM's friend's FB page. That is against WS TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne