LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have to say "that's how I read it", it means you're assuming that's what someone meant. That's fine as long it's not passed along as fact. It was never clear. The police NEVER said, "the white truck in the left turn lane on St Landrey is the same truck on University and we eliminated it", or something similar. People speak imprecisely all the time. It's just that nobody tried to clarify it so they filled in what was unclear with what they assumed. I have always thought they were the same truck (on St Landrey) and so did some other people here.[/QUOTE

LE provides the picture of the truck turning left onto University from St. Landry. A few days later they post an updated picture of the initial truck, clearly showing a bed cover. They also give us the picture of the truck traveling on St. Landry in the same direction as Mickey and a picture of a hoopty. Then a few more days later LE says that they have spoken to the owners of the initial white truck (which would mean the one turning onto University and pictured on University) and the hoopty and they had no further evidence. I am not assuming anything in this, as this is what the release said.

The "initial truck" (your language?) being the truck on St Landrey, turning left? Please show me a press release "clearly showing a bed cover". I REALLY want to see that since I had trouble making one out on any truck pics. Are you talking about the truck on Uni? You go on to say, Then a few more days later LE says that they have spoken to the owners of the initial white truck (which would mean the one turning onto University and pictured on University)". Where did the cops say that the truck turning left from St Landrey was the same as the truck on University? Don't tell me what you thought something "would mean". I'm not asking for interpretation. Prove to me EXACTLY where the cops said all that.

I am NOT giving you a hard time, either. I am trying to point out that people fill in the blanks ALL THE TIME and then they think it's fact. This why eye witnesses aren't worth a damn (and I include myself in that).

Very little on the news. Police are still looking to question the driver of the white Z-71 truck. Call the tip line if you have any information. They showed the pic of the one that's going in the same direction of MS

The news on KATC at 10:00 just stated the search today was at WB.

Maybe someone (Artis, since he has a rapport) could call the LPD and ask about the order of the three pics.

hahaha, no way. I don't want to be seen as a pain in the neck.

I'm a she, btw.

do you have to pre-pay at circle k?

most pumps i've gone to say to prepay after dark. and i believe cash and debit card users might have to prepay.

i go to shell and i always use my card as a credit because there have been several times that i've tried to use it as a debit and it told me i had to go inside...im assuming it's the same way with cash.

Hi all. I just wanted to say thanks for all of your input and intelligent angles on everything. I've been reading this all day an it breaks my heart that any family is going through this. Thoughts and prayers remain with Mickey's family and friends. I hope they find her safe and sound. All of this talk about white trucks gives me flashbacks of when they were trying to catch Derrick Todd Lee. absolutely disheartening!!

Thanks. First hand is best.

That makes sense because where St. Julien intersects with Johnston st is right near the bike path, and to the right on Johnston St there is as a large parking lot where there is a Subway and Izzo's Illegal Burito. Plenty of room to ride without being forced into the tiny dangerous bike lane on Johnston St.

Artis, that picture of the white truck on University is going by there with a time stamp of 1:51am. So, could that still BE our truck?
IMO, that's the one and only picture of a white truck they've ruled out.

Hi all. I just wanted to say thanks for all of your input and intelligent angles on everything. I've been reading this all day an it breaks my heart that any family is going through this. Thoughts and prayers remain with Mickey's family and friends. I hope they find her safe and sound. All of this talk about white trucks gives me flashbacks of when they were trying to catch Derrick Todd Lee. absolutely disheartening!!

:welcome5:

You don't sound stupid at all. You're spot on about the DNA. If there is any DNA it won't help unless it's already in the database.

Unless the suspect was questioned and they offered him a drink and swabbed the cup? I may be watching too much discovery ID lol

Yep I think so, but if he wasn't caught on camera on University then he had to go straight down St Johns, but he couldn't have being in the left turning lane, he had to at that point go left onto University.

I was thinking that this truck was waiting to turn left on University and seen her coming from St. John and then turned back around to follow her but then I remembered seeing a white truck further down St. Landry when the car turned down there. So..... maybe the truck headed down St. Landry first and followed her then came back?

Artis, that picture of the white truck on University is going by there with a time stamp of 1:51am. So, could that still BE our truck?

I know this questio wasn't posed to me, but IMO no it cannot be the same truck, the gas cap cover is not noticeable like in thenleft turn lane pic.

Regarding the post about him having to turn left bc he was in left turn lane, it is possible (especially at this time of night) that he could have changed his mind about going left and just pulled back to the right A's he went forward to continue straight on that road instead.

The problem is that it seems like the last guy Artis talked to probably gave him wrong info about the trucks being the same.

Perhaps, but at least he was precise. I asked him if both trucks on St Landrey were the same truck and he said yes. I asked if the truck on Uni was eliminated and he said that was correct. Could he be wrong? Sure, but he was not imprecise.

IMO, that's the one and only picture of a white truck they've ruled out.

Well now I'm beginning to wonder, since the time stamp on it would almost match times that Mickey and the truck going in her direction, turned around, and was headed in the left lane to proceed onto University.

The "initial truck" (your language?) being the truck on St Landrey, turning left? Please show me a press release "clearly showing a bed cover". I REALLY want to see that since I had trouble making one out on any truck pics. Are you talking about the truck on Uni? You go on to say, Then a few more days later LE says that they have spoken to the owners of the initial white truck (which would mean the one turning onto University and pictured on University)". Where did the cops say that the truck turning left from St Landrey was the same as the truck on University? Don't tell me what you thought something "would mean". I'm not asking for interpretation. Prove to me EXACTLY where the cops said all that.

I am NOT giving you a hard time, either. I am trying to point out that people fill in the blanks ALL THE TIME and then they think it's fact. This why eye witnesses aren't worth a damn (and I include myself in that).

You may not have been here, but there was LONG LONG drawn out discussion about the three white trucks several days ago. There were definite factions with different opinions. Much was made about whether the two white trucks on St. Landry were the same truck or different trucks. Much was made about what the heck the official police line was. While the discussion did come to a close, I know that not everybody was satisfied. I think many found it exhausting and did not want to return. This new news about them being the same truck will force a revisit. And it won't be welcomed by everyone.

There were some, btw, who claimed they could see a figure sitting on the back of the truck facing University. Others claimed it was glare. No consensus on that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne