LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I'm beginning to wonder, since the time stamp on it would almost match times that Mickey and the truck going in her direction, turned around, and was headed in the left lane to proceed onto University.

Hey all, been reading here since about thread #5 and finally decided to post. Regarding the truck turning left onto University, along with the truck already ruled out ON University....perhaps they wanted to speak to the second white truck (the one ruled out) to learn if they saw anything when they went through that intersection at St Landry/Uni? If those trucks were both time-stamped at approx 1:51, that should mean Truck #2 (one ruled out) went through the intersection of St Landry while Truck #1 (one still being looked for) was sitting there waiting to turn left... Did Truck #2 see anything unusual? Any passengers in Truck #1?

FWIW I think the white truck seen going in both directions on St Landry in front of Circle K are the same; I've always thought this even when the common theory was that they were two separate trucks. But I'm no auto expert. :waitasec: However, my feeling is that the truck was spotted first behind Mickey and then again waiting to turn left onto University (opposite of the picture theory posted a few pages back).

is there a way for me to print them myself? is there a link from the bring mickey home website? or will the headquarters mail them to me? i am out and about in Baton Rouge allllll of the time. I'm willing to bring them with me everywhere. i just wish there were some in NOLA because i was so shocked that my brother in law didn't even know that her bike was found! he watches Fox news more than the local, but still.

where do i get fliers. i am in baton rouge. i could hang them up here. i did see one at which wich (the sandwhich restaurant) off siegen the other day, but i haven't noticed any other than that one and the big billboard off I10W at near the college drive exit.

Okay sorry I forgot to answer you the first time. If you were here you could pick up some at HQ. But, people have been printing themselves as well. Kinko's will do 1000 for $30. If you can't afford to print your own, let me know and I'll see if I can get HQ to send you some. My stepdaughter lives in BR and I will see her mom tomorrow, it's possible I could send some with her and have her meet you or drop them at your work or whatever...

Hey all, been reading here since about thread #5 and finally decided to post. Regarding the truck turning left onto University, along with the truck already ruled out ON University....perhaps they wanted to speak to the second white truck (the one ruled out) to learn if they saw anything when they went through that intersection at St Landry/Uni? If those trucks were both time-stamped at approx 1:51, that should mean Truck #2 (one ruled out) went through the intersection of St Landry while Truck #1 (one still being looked for) was sitting there waiting to turn left... Did Truck #2 see anything unusual? Any passengers in Truck #1?

FWIW I think the white truck seen going in both directions on St Landry in front of Circle K are the same; I've always thought this even when the common theory was that they were two separate trucks. But I'm no auto expert. :waitasec: However, my feeling is that the truck was spotted first behind Mickey and then again waiting to turn left onto University (opposite of the picture theory posted a few pages back).

:welcome4:

I'm now thinking she was snatched.

Could he have made a u-turn at that intersection we can't see behind the trees?

Apologies in advance if this is a repetition.

Too busy of an intersection usually and there are lights there.

Totally agree with everything you've posted. Every single point.

Welcome :)

I haven't been watching the local news, but did see an article in the Times-Picayune last week. Perhaps more importantly, the missing flyers are everywhere in New Orleans.

oh good. i'm glad they are in NOLA. i was there today, but only went to the creole creamery. there wasn't one there. the rest of the time we were visiting my brother in law. i guess he's been hiding under a rock.

IF the two trucks in question are in fact the same truck

1) Concerning the "Bed Cover" truck, the police said that it came the way that Mickey "had traveled". I and others found this confusing as it implied it came to the intersection from the St. John side. Others attributed it to poor Cajun dialect as it did not fit what we though the trucks did. Maybe this truck DID come from the St. John side as the police said and made a right on University and headed north.

2) Don't forget about the image of the white truck on the edge of the photo of the Olds on St. Landry. If that is also the Z-71, then it entered St. Landry at St. Mary or further down. It came to University with the intent of turning left. Spotted Mickey approaching on bicycle and decided to turn around. It cound have turned around in University or it could have crossed into St. John and turned around somewhere on the other side of University.

for anyone who feels like they REALLY need to speak directly to an officer, you can do what i did.

the one time that i called, last saturday, i googled Lafayette Police Dept and used that number. a young sounding guy answered and i told him why i was calling. he said hold on let me refer you to so and so. a woman then picked up. i told her my tip and she said "i'll have a detective call you back." the detective called me back and gave me his name. he was very nice. he told me that he'd give my tip to the lead detective on the case and then he gave me the lead detective's name. it wasn't mouton. he said detective something. i know i should remember, but it was before i thought i'd get this involved in the case. my tip just so happened to be another incident that took place the same night in the Saint street area that was totally unrelated. someone else had called in the same thing.

Could it have been Soirez? I saw my old buddy standing right next to Mouton at the press conference, he never spoke but was right there. I haven't talked to him in a while, it's possible he's a detective now...

Okay sorry I forgot to answer you the first time. If you were here you could pick up some at HQ. But, people have been printing themselves as well. Kinko's will do 1000 for $30. If you can't afford to print your own, let me know and I'll see if I can get HQ to send you some. My stepdaughter lives in BR and I will see her mom tomorrow, it's possible I could send some with her and have her meet you or drop them at your work or whatever...

i'll print them at kinkos. should i just google mickey missing fliers and something will come up that i can print? is there an official link that i should go to

IF the two trucks in question are in fact the same truck

1) Concerning the "Bed Cover" truck, the police said that it came the way that Mickey "had traveled". I and others found this confusing as it implied it came to the intersection from the St. John side. Others attributed it to poor Cajun dialect as it did not fit what we though the trucks did. Maybe this truck DID come from the St. John side as the police said and made a right on University and headed north.

2) Don't forget about the image of the white truck on the edge of the photo of the Olds on St. Landry. If that is also the Z-71, then it entered St. Landry at St. Mary or further down. It came to University with the intent of turning left. Spotted Mickey approaching on bicycle and decided to turn around. It cound have turned around in University or it could have crossed into St. John and turned around somewhere on the other side of University.

1) Their exact wording is that "The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled." I think it's a dialect/timing of the pictures thing. That they were passing through the intersection around the time something could have been happening down St. Landry.

You make a good point - couldnt they trace her route basically. I think though the way it works is they 'ping' off of towers that can cover areas a few miles wide (at least). So it could just say that if she is in the area because she pings off the same tower the entire ride home. I had the thought that if she was hit - accidentally or on purpose - that would have been enough to drop the phone and turn it 'off' suddenly. She did not have smartphone - had a basic flip phone, so it cannot be pinged once it is off anyway.

Maybe her battery didn't have anymore juice. Just a thought.

Could it have been Soirez? I saw my old buddy standing right next to Mouton at the press conference, he never spoke but was right there. I haven't talked to him in a while, it's possible he's a detective now...

it wasn't soirez. it was like magmat or something. i remember thinking, that sounds sort of cajun. he literally spelled it out for me, and i wrote it down on a bandaid in my bathroom, but threw it away the next day while cleaning.

1) Their exact wording is that "The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled." I think it's a dialect/timing of the pictures thing. That they were passing through the intersection around the time something could have been happening down St. Landry.

So does that mean that both the Z-71 and Bed Cover truck approached University on St. Landry from the same direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne