LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does that mean that both the Z-71 and Bed Cover truck approached University on St. Landry from the same direction?
IMO, no, not at all.

Because she had traveled across University.

i going to sign off and relax for rest of the night. but to whomever posted all of the links to the mickey footage. thanks! it was the first time i saw her family. breaks my heart. her sister seems like such a sweetheart. i can sense her love when she speaks of her. i can totally see me saying the same things of my baby sister. it makes me cry just watching.

i'm looking forward to whatever chicken fried is putting together for us for tomorrow morning. until then, sleuth on sleuthers. nite

IF the two trucks in question are in fact the same truck

1) Concerning the "Bed Cover" truck, the police said that it came the way that Mickey "had traveled". I and others found this confusing as it implied it came to the intersection from the St. John side. Others attributed it to poor Cajun dialect as it did not fit what we though the trucks did. Maybe this truck DID come from the St. John side as the police said and made a right on University and headed north.

2) Don't forget about the image of the white truck on the edge of the photo of the Olds on St. Landry. If that is also the Z-71, then it entered St. Landry at St. Mary or further down. It came to University with the intent of turning left. Spotted Mickey approaching on bicycle and decided to turn around. It cound have turned around in University or it could have crossed into St. John and turned around somewhere on the other side of University.

1) I think it came from the area Mickey had traveled (a few minutes prior). I believe Mickey drove down St. Landry (towards St. Mary) and it came up St. Landry (towards University) a few minutes later.

2) I believe the filename does include the time (1:51) for the truck going towards University and Mickey passed there at 1:48. The olds was on University at 1:49, took a right on to St. Landry and intersected with the (ruled out) white truck at some point before 1:51 which is what we see on the footage by the apt complex.

I've not followed the new truck discussion that closely.

Which pic of the Z-71 at the intersection came first? The one facing the intersection or facing away?

Maybe her battery didn't have anymore juice. Just a thought.

Sure - the reason for coming up with other theories is that her sister stated she has the same phone and it has a very long battery life. Also, she used her phone to speak to a friend when BW's phone died (they had been on his phone while at taco bell) and no mention to him when she was leaving that it was close to dying...she also received a text after that call, although I do not believe we know who it was from or exactly what time.

oh and if y'all are still trying to figure her route, keep in mind that her sister says she took this same route all of the time and chicken fried spoke with the security guard of the old Lourdes who said that she spoke to Mickey often and that she took the same route. so she did go in front of the spooky hospital

If a Silverado doesn't have the Z71 decal, how can you visually determine it is one without putting it on a rack for inspection? In other words LPD must have photographic evidence of a Z71 decal in order to say the truck is a Z71.

No idea. I know nothing about trucks. Maybe part of the package contains something on the exterior?

Which pic of the Z-71 at the intersection came first? The one facing the intersection or facing away?

We don't know.

My thought is that the one going towards St. Mary is at 1:48 (as this was in an article) and the one going towards University is at 1:51 (the file name is truck(0151) on the Lafayette pd press release site). The versailles pic of Mickey we do know from another article was at 1:47 and the file name for that one is Versailles (0147).

Others obviously do not agree :D

Here's something I've been pondering today, strangely:

When MS first disappeared and the search began, the first place LE searched outside of the immediate area of her known path/last known whereabouts, IIRC, was Lake Martin.

Why Lake Martin? And not the Vermilion? That seems rather specific and, I might add, a bit off the beaten path...unless...

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Anyone?

1) I think it came from the direction Mickey had traveled. I believe Mickey drove down St. Landry (towards St. Mary) and it came up St. Landr (towards University) a few minutes later.

2) I believe the filename does include the time (1:51) and Mickey passed there at 1:48. The olds was on University at 1:49, took a right on to St. Landry and intersected with the (ruled out) white truck at some point before 1:51 which is what we see on the footage by the apt complex.

Ok, so if the white truck on the edge of the OLDS picture is the Z-71.

1:48 Mickey crosses intersection and is snapped in front of Circle K
1:49 Z-71 passes in front of funeral home. Might have passed Mickey as she rode by the side of LCG bldg.

I am confused about the times on the last two. Is there a time for the truck in the left turning lane?

1:51 Z-71 has turned around and is not facing away from the intersection.

Too busy of an intersection usually and there are lights there.

Way too busy. But St. Landry is one of the only streets in that area that is wide enough to do a U turn in the middle of the street. If the truck did turn left onto University and didn't go straight at the last min, maybe they do have it on camera, OR it turned left again off of University onto Azalea St., OR right onto Convent.

Maybe it doesn't have the z71 decal on the other side of the truck bc it had body work done at some point from a wreck. Who knows. I do know that I've seen an amazing amount of four door white z71s around. I feel sorry for the people that drive them around here, because everyone is looking. However, I have not seen ONE with a chrome gas cover!

That's what we are discussing. My theory is that based on the file name [Truck(0151)] of the picture that is facing the intersection, that the 0151 in the file name is actually a time stamp.

Meaning that the picture facing the intersection came after the picture of the one facing away.

Hope that makes sense.

I was thinking about LE calling Mickey's mother in to ID her bike. It seems kind of odd to me. The bike would have a serial number on it. Mickey was proud of that bike and probably would have kept the paperwork. I know when my bike was stolen I was able to call the store where I purchased the bike and had the serial number right away. Seems like LE could easily get the serial number. Could the number have been removed somehow? Does it seem like normal procedure to bring in a mother who is going thru so much to the location to ID the bike...

Agreed, not much coverage since the bike was found. Also, I didn't see the family on baton rouge news. I feel like BR should cover more since so close to whiskey bay.

Today we went to NOLA and I asked my brither inlaw if he has heard about the missing girl. Who said no then yes, oh yeah that college girl. But he didnt know any more than that!!!! He's a doctor in NOLA. I was baffled!

Furthermore, we went to creole creamery and there wasn't a mickey flyer there, but there was a do not serve this man flyer in reference to nfl roger goodel. I wish I would have brought a flyer :(

Lastly, on the way to Nola I realized how many places there are with trees and dense shrubbery and swamp that would be ideal for hiding a body. There were lots of fishermen out and about at least.

Where is this girl? How soon did they find Pam kinnamore after she went missing? Also, was derrick Todd lee still driving around is his white truck after it was a VOI?

I'm not sure if you missed it, but the Uptown branch had a Mickey Shunick missing flyer in the window as of last night. The other flyer you reference is on an interior wall. The wine shop across the street has a stack of flyers for customers, as well.

Have doctors in the area been told to keep an eye out for MS? I'm a bit confused by the significance of that.

That's what we are discussing. My theory is that based on the file name [Truck(0151)] of the picture that is facing the intersection, that the 0151 in the file name is actually a time stamp.

Meaning that the picture facing the intersection came after the picture of the one facing away.

Hope that makes sense.

What is the time stamp of the truck facing away? Unknown?

We don't know.

My thought is that the one going towards St. Mary is at 1:48 (as this was in an article) and the one going towards University is at 1:51 (the file name is truck(0151) on the Lafayette pd press release site). The versailles pic of Mickey we do know from another article was at 1:47 and the file name for that one is Versailles (0147).

Others obviously do not agree :D
PJ beat me to it. But in case my post wasn't clear, I agree with this.

No idea. I know nothing about trucks. Maybe part of the package contains something on the exterior?

I do see something near the back of the truck that appears to be a Z by the back light but is it possible that it can be a reflection off of the light or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg