LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my 20 yr old DD, who often rides her bike around, even at night. [ :eek:]

She says she keeps her cell in her jeans pocket, even her skinny jeans, because she wants to have access to it. [ Maybe that explains why it fell 80 feet from a roller coaster last weekend and shattered the glass.]

But the family has said all along they believe she is okay...what else can they believe?

It's so sad. I don't know Mickey and I want to believe she'll escape, unharmed but I do not think it will turn out like that :(

My theory is different because I don't think the trucks facing opposite directions at the intersection are the same. (I think they are 2 different trucks). So I don't think the one in the pic with the Olds is the z71.

Here is my post explaining the times:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

The 1:51 one IMO is faciing the intersection.

:D

I'm pretty sure they are two different trucks also and this Detective is probably as confused as most folks are. I don't have pictures to zoom in on as I did a couple days ago, but I did note it not having the Z71 and 4x4 decal. Also if you zoom in on the drivers door on the lower right it has the model on the body side moulding. That is where the previous series truck(before 2007 model). 2007 and up is a different body style and the id is above the moulding in individual letters that say SILVERADO. One more quick difference is the truck headed opposite MS direction has chrome wheels. The truck heading in MS direction has the 18 inch alloy wheels and those wheels are not as shiney. Plus I am kinda a truck guy and I've had a lot of Chevys going back to a 65 model thru 2007. That said the truck headed opposite MS direction appears to have the lines of a model previous to 2007. I hate to make long winded posts, but thats the differences I see WITHOUT fancy software. Just regular zoom using windows/ie. If it was me I wouldn't figure the two pics as the same truck in a theory of what happened that night. JMO:twocents:

He is absolutely, definitely, categorically, doubtlessley, talking about the two trucks on St. Landry? Are you 100% sure?

No the Chevrolet or GMC with a bed cover is the one on University. The other one is on St. Landry. He isn't 100% positive that it's a Z-71 either on St. Landry.

Not LE, but...

http://www.katc.com/news/volunteers...or-clues-into-mickey-shunick-s-disappearance/

When I asked the question, my thoughts were centered around the idea that killers usually hide their victims' bodies in areas with which they are familiar (DTL notwithstanding). Further to that end, my thoughts were that if it was an LE-led search, then perhaps they had a hot lead on a suspect, and were searching Lake Martin for a specific reason based on the known residence of said suspect.

Ok yeah. That was when headquarters was still at BW's house. People were just tossing around ideas of where to search. Someone said "Hey let's go to Lake Martin" and started getting a group together. No hot lead IMO.

So, not to be negative, but if for some reason she never left BW's house with her phone, maybe she left a little upset and caused her not to think clearly about which route to take. And not having any idea that there may be danger ahead, she faces the scariest moment in her life. Sure hope this is so wrong for her sake. Come home Mickey.

Going through one of their friends profiles to get to see what's being talked about back and forth, if their profile is open.

Otherwise known as creepin'. As in 'She's been creepin' his page hard' (relentlessly, 10 times an hour)

Yes, I creep. That's why my profile is locked up tight as a drum.

Oh, thanks, and I stand corrected. Do you know if the law has since been amended?

I can't open .pdfs, btw.

Google the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. You should be able to find something besides a .pdf on it. Federal charges can be pressed even though a state line hasn't been crossed.

Hi everyone! First time poster. I live here in Lafayette also and even though I don't know MS personally, this is affecting me as if I did know her. I'm sure this is the deal with a lot of people. Ive been keeping up with what i could of these threads but i think im missing things that might've been discussed. I'm afraid to ask this since I'm sure everyone wants to keep talking about white trucks (don't yell at me plz lol) but they said they couldn't track Mickey's phone because it was off, correct? But can they not track it at all because it's off OR can they not track where she is right now because it's off? This might be confusing so for example, the picture of her riding her bike, let's say they didn't have that picture or video, she most likely still had her phone on that point, but since it's off at the moment, they wouldn't have been able to track her at circle k? Agh this phone tracking stuff is confusing, hopefully I made my question clear. I might be confusing tracking with pinging... Ugh

I'm glad to be here. Let's bring Mickey home!

We've been told that only a smart phone can be pinged when off and Mickey's phone is not a smart phone. Someone I know with .gov connections told me that's not entirely true and that NSA has it's ways. I don't know if that's true but I think if they could track her phone that it would have been found. Not that LE would reveal it if they had.

Not LE, but...

http://www.katc.com/news/volunteers...or-clues-into-mickey-shunick-s-disappearance/

When I asked the question, my thoughts were centered around the idea that killers usually hide their victims' bodies in areas with which they are familiar (DTL notwithstanding). Further to that end, my thoughts were that if it was an LE-led search, then perhaps they had a hot lead on a suspect, and were searching Lake Martin for a specific reason based on the known residence of said suspect.

The road to Lake Martin is off of the Breaux Bridge Highway (ie: Carmel Drive), which is the "back way" to Breaux Bridge to avoid getting on I-10.

I've never watched CSI or any other serial fiction crime shows but I bet they do make it look like magic. What I was thinking about was something a bit different. I'm interested in UFOs and there's one lab, in particular, that came to my mind, called Village Labs, in Arizona. They analyzed the Phoenix lights. They can do something with areas of brightness or light and tell what it isn't - for instance the lights were flares, which give off a different signature. On the tail end of the truck, where people think there may be no tailgate, I think they could determine is if it's tail lights that make it appear there's no tail gate. Also, where it looks like there are chrome running boards - that also looks like (to me) it could be light from the gas station, across the street, shining under the truck and it might not be running boards. So, I think someone like Village Labs could do a lot in helping to clarify what's there.

Sadly CSI is a myth. You simply cant enhance something that isnt there. And in a low res picture, the detail/data simply isnt there. But with that said, there have been some really cool advancements in "super resolution image reconstruction" algorithms. Its basically overlaying dozens of almost the same picture (maybe just a few frames difference) and running special filters which is combining the detail of all dozen pictures into one in order to make one crisp semi-high res image. Its cool stuff if youd like to read about it. Just thought Id share :D

Either you're reading the PCF website, or you're psychic...there was just a discussion on this elsewhere.

Keystone Lock & Dam is roughly 15(ish) miles from Lake Martin. Only one decent sized city separates them -- St. Martinville. Keystone sits downstream of St. Martinville, on Bayou Teche, just a mile or two upstream of the merger point of LA 31 and Belmont Rd. , north of New Iberia.

I put this on a map. Not sure if it is the right keystone though. As well I keep my cellphone in a clip on the waistband of my jeans.

This is St. Landy, Lake Martin, and Keystone.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ba...code_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAQ

Good point.

Um... I know a lot of young women who stow their phone in their bra.

I notice it because they don't hide it and I frequently wonder if perspiration will damage the phone. This is how you can tell I'm old.

Cleavage Phone is pretty common in this area.

A lot of women's clothing doesn't have pockets.

Wow...i've never seen that :floorlaugh:

We've been told that only a smart phone can be pinged when off and Mickey's phone is not a smart phone. Someone I know with .gov connections told me that's not entirely true and that NSA has it's ways. I don't know if that's true but I think if they could track her phone that it would have been found. Not that LE would reveal it if they had.

I think that's accurate. I've never been clear on the supposed absence of cell phone/tower data.

Between the vague LE statements and the sister's insistence that those phones never die....there's something there that we can't see.

95% of the time, my phone is in my back right pocket, even when I'm on my bike. Easy access, just in case. The other 5% of the time, it's not there, because whatever I have on does not have a pocket.

I think that's accurate. I've never been clear on the supposed absence of cell phone/tower data.

Between the vague LE statements and the sister's insistence that those phones never die....there's something there that we can't see.

The perp hit the phone with a hard object and broke it.

Here's something I've been pondering today, strangely:

When MS first disappeared and the search began, the first place LE searched outside of the immediate area of her known path/last known whereabouts, IIRC, was Lake Martin.

Why Lake Martin? And not the Vermilion? That seems rather specific and, I might add, a bit off the beaten path...unless...

Well, I'll leave it at that for now. Anyone?

Lake Martin is about a ten-mile drive from the location where Shunick was last seen, I think, and Johnson Street is pretty much a direct route there. Once you get on that, you'd only have to make one right turn to get to Lake Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3