LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Kelli Bordeaux case, the missing soldier from Fayetteville, NC, the volunteer searches were called off by LE. People seem to still be gathering and finding nothing. LE has gone silent, and her case is now growing cold. This just isn't good for any case.

What if she met someone at Artmosphere who invited her to his home? What if he lived off of Brashear? What if she wrapped up her evening with BW planning to head to this guy's home without letting anyone know? What if the as-yet-unknown text was from him, looking for ETA, impatient. What if once she got there things went horribly wrong? What if he dumped the bike in an attempt at misdirection and in order to discourage any suspicion of the houses in the neighborhood? What if the only reason LE is looking at white trucks is for someone who may have seen her in order to narrow down her last known vicinity? Is she being held there? How plausible of a scenario is this?

I think a local posted upthread that they heard on the 10 pm news that Whiskey Bay was searched again.

I hadn't heard that no more searches are planned? Is that true?

I didn't hear anything about the searches being called off...i just noticed on the MS FB there aren't any announcements for searches tomorrow. I think the volunteer numbers are dwindling and morale seems low. JMO

As of 4 days ago, this is what was said, take it as you like, to me it's not good news.

Officials searching for Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick are no longer using volunteers to help find the missing UL student, and police said today that her bike was found under water in the Atchafalaya Basin with damage to its rear tire.

According to a message posted to the "Find Mickey Shunick Now" Facebook page, "the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended, however [the search] is still ongoing."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120529/NEWS01/120529019/Volunteer-search-Shunick-called-off

No, the volunteer searches were suspended for a day. They resumed on Wednesday, May 30. Here is the statement from the Find Mickey Shunick Now! FB page:
"Volunteer searches will resume at 8am tomorrow morning at Blackam Coliseum. We hope everyone has taken a chance to back away from the situation and collect their thoughts, strength, and energy. We cannot express enough thanks to everyone who has and will continue to volunteer and donate their time and energy to help bring one of our favorite people home. We hope the break gave you the strength you need to continue the search efforts to bring Mickey back to Lafayette. Any and all updates about volunteer efforts will be found here. We love you guys and we hope you know that."

There are no more EquSearch searches going on, obviously, but volunteer searches are still ongoing.

Told me they couldnt talk about it. Active investigation blah blah but that there was no other footage of her. Basically the same **** theyve said in their pressers.

Translate - the LCG cams weren't working, or the footage got recorded over, or trees blocked the view of St. Landry, and she never entered the lot.

We're back to her escaping through the LCG lot - one of the LCG cams (the south one) SHOULD have picked her up - very poorly, but detectable - as she went down St. Landry, unless blocked by trees.

What a case - the key footage may be from a camera on the MAIN government building in the parish.....

Maybe the cams weren't working and they're afraid to say so. The both cams should have caught her if she entered the lot - I looked at them today.

That said.... maybe there wasn't enough light?

The camera is the SAME type as the one that saw Mickey at Circle K.

DSCN2454.jpg

DSCN2469.jpg

And - though it's higher up on the wall, it had THIS view, pointing toward St. Landry... where the old car passed. Now, it's higher... could those trees, plus bad lighting have completely blocked her out? Maybe. The question is - could they not see anything, or did they have a clear view and she wasn't on it??

DSCN2470.jpg

As of 4 days ago, this is what was said, take it as you like, to me it's not good news.

Officials searching for Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick are no longer using volunteers to help find the missing UL student, and police said today that her bike was found under water in the Atchafalaya Basin with damage to its rear tire.

According to a message posted to the "Find Mickey Shunick Now" Facebook page, "the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended, however [the search] is still ongoing."
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120529/NEWS01/120529019/Volunteer-search-Shunick-called-off

That is true. They called off the search for one day (Wednesday) and resumed the search with volunteers on Thursday.

What I mean is that if she went throught the LCG lot, the cameras should have seen her. If they were broken, she still could have gone through the lot....

We're back to Brashear or LCG lot, aren't we, A.C.I.? That is,,, if 216 truly is a dry hole

Yes, but my understanding was that we are not sure whether what the LEO told you was correct. Right?

There was no reason to believe he was incorrect other than he may have been incorrect (like any human). He was clear that the two pics of WTs on St Landrey are the same vehicle and that the one on Uni was another truck and has been eliminated.

I know that some people here are married to their theories. I'm open but I have a cop telling me these are the same trucks and they look the same to me. Uni truck does not have that gas cap seen on eastbound St Landrey truck.

A smartphone will use GPS to track location. An older, non-smartphone (analog) will use triangulation. GPS does not require the phone to be powered up to send its location, whereas an older phone does. However, a destroyed smartphone may not transmit location. Essentially, the GPS does not require battery life, and the "pinging" on the older models do.

You don't need to be using your phone to have it "pinged", it is constantly doing it whenever it is powered up.

I believe LE should know exactly (within a few feet) of where her phone was powered down, however that occurred. Whether it was destroyed, turned off, or the battery was removed. They should have that information from the phone company by now. I have seen cases where it takes longer to get that information based on the legal issues in any one particular state. But, by now, they should have it. This does not mean that the perp cut power to her phone at the spot she was taken, but he may have. This information may not even be beneficial to their investigation, but they do know, IMO.

http://pursuitmag.com/locating-mobile-phones-through-pinging-and-triangulation/

Anybody know the exact model phone Mickey had? I believe someone has posted that info before, but -- no idea where in all these threads! I think the poster said they had a similar phone (LG EnV2 I think, which is what I have ... I think*) except that Mickey's was a "slider".

I'm just thinking -- that phone would not be THAT old. Seems some phones are kind of "halfway" between smart and non-smart phones, sort of crossover phones, if you will. I'm wondering if hers might not actually fall in that category.

ETA: * mine may just be an EnV

So wait, you talked to a guard who saw her riding around at 2am on a regular enough basis to say she definitively would have gone on St. Julien? Or a guard who saw her the night in question who actually saw her turn left on St. Julien?

From the little we know of the route she actually took, it seems like she was trying to avoid the main thoroughfares. And while Johnston has a "bike lane", unlike Congress, it doesn't seem to me that coming out onto Johnston that close to downtown/UL on a Friday night, near closing time for bars, was the type of route she was going for. Johnston almost always has traffic, especially in that area, so if she made it that far I would imagine someone would have seen her. I suppose it's possible that doesn't preclude the possibility of something happening to her on St. Julien.

St. Julien was her regular route the guard said. Look at a map - makes lots of sense.... can cut to Cajundome without the creepy lonely roads near Blackham.

In the Kelli Bordeaux case, the missing soldier from Fayetteville, NC, the volunteer searches were called off by LE. People seem to still be gathering and finding nothing. LE has gone silent, and her case is now growing cold. This just isn't good for any case.

And at almost the exact same time 2 weeks ago that whatever happened to MS, they have only the bike. Are we really not finding anything or just giving up? No one deserves this. Start from the very beginning if need be. GOD, please protect Mickey.

Don't forget they may be waiting on forensics to return from the lab.

Although they put it as top priority it does take time. I would not think they have completed this testing at this point in time. As well I suspect that other items were fround. They would also be sent off. What those items are has not been revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx