LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone think it's odd that the picture grabs from the video in front of the circle K aren't the exact same view? what I mean is....the one of MS riding her bike is a full frame, where the released photo of the WT has been cropped. I'm not sure if this is of any relevance or not, but I find it weird that they would choose to crop one closer, but not the other.

I noticed that and wondered the same thing, albeit briefly. I surmise that LE wanted a larger view of the truck for public consumption.

One of the people who commented under the article is from Vermont (apparently) so I'm pretty skeptical that she has any inside local information.

I think the dozens of Lafayette locals we have posting here at WS know more than that person about what's really going on in Breaux Bridge.

does anyone think it's odd that the picture grabs from the video in front of the circle K aren't the exact same view? what I mean is....the one of MS riding her bike is a full frame, where the released photo of the WT has been cropped. I'm not sure if this is of any relevance or not, but I find it weird that they would choose to crop one closer, but not the other.

see links:

http://findmickeynow.com/mickey1.jpeg

http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/images/Police/PressReleases/Picture%202.jpg

How can that be??????????

Cropped for the article size space? Edited for what?

Anyone who would object to putting a poster up, or who tear one down, deserves a punch in the mouth - hard. So many dirtbags, so few men to punch their lights out.
You mean so few women to punch their lights out. Doesn't a poster have a phrase about being the knd of woman who when she wakes up, the Devil says 'oh crap, she's up' that's the kind of woman who'd punch his lights out.. IMO

see links:

I have thought the EXACT same thing. Maybe there is something else in the frame they are trying to keep under wraps? But then why show the full frame that indicates their full scope of view from the video unless to send a subtle msg to perp that they saw something that we are not privy to. Interesting to think about to say the least

In regards to RM--we know that all sorts of websites, this one and others, are being monitored by LE. I think it totally possible that the person on unnamed site who first brought up the specific info pointing to RM, led LE to check him out. Or that same person may have called LE. Who knows. That person may be a pot stirrer, and with RM's past, and similar vehicle or access to friend's similar vehicle, it was something to talk about.

I just hope there is something new soon. Everyday I hope today is the day that Mickey will be found. And everyday so far, I have to wish that again for tomorrow :(

I agree that the whole RM investigation may have been initiated by a tip from someone who knew him, his history (fatal hit and run), and that he drove a Z-71. Could have been well meaning or could have been someone with a axe to grind.

The rumors of a confession were swiriling when all this came to a head. That could just be part of the hyperbole that rumors in a small community result in.

But, I admit, it does feel like a thorn in my foot. I would like to remove it once and for all.

hmmmmm. maybe we should try to figure his alibi for that night and morning. his alibi must have panned out, otherwise he'd be in custody. i think it's just a silly girl saying silly things that she heard through the grapevine, but it's worth looking into.

They must have looked at his truck already. If there was any kind of damage, I have to believe he would be in jail right now.

Does anyone know if MS told BW she wasn't feeling well immediately following the text message she received?

You mean so few women to punch their lights out. Doesn't a poster have a phrase about being the knd of woman who when she wakes up, the Devil says 'oh crap, she's up' that's the kind of woman who'd punch his lights out.. IMO

Yes, and I covet that quote.

see links:

It looks to me as if the picture of the truck was enlarged. Either that or there are two different cameras pointed in the same direction.

I noticed that and wondered the same thing, albeit briefly. I surmise that LE wanted a larger view of the truck for public consumption.

Or this. A much more reasonable explanation without having to figure in spme type of info withholding from LE

I have thought the EXACT same thing. Maybe there is something else in the frame they are trying to keep under wraps? But then why show the full frame that indicates their full scope of view from the video unless to send a subtle msg to perp that they saw something that we are not privy to. Interesting to think about to say the least

A person on foot in the parking lot that they hope the WT people remember?

Or an alien space caft. Could be either.

I agree that the whole RM investigation may have been initiated by a tip from someone who knew him, his history (fatal hit and run), and that he drove a Z-71. Could have been well meaning or could have been someone with a axe to grind.

The rumors of a confession were swiriling when all this came to a head. That could just be part of the hyperbole that rumors in a small community result in.

But, I admit, it does feel like a thorn in my foot. I would like to remove it once and for all.
Some thorns have a fungus on them and continue to cause problems just below the skin over and over for months...

:) ~jus sayin
And yes it's really true!

Libel is written, slander is spoken.

Thanks. I'm 20+ years removed from C-Law classes at USL and wasn't quite sure how social media would be interpreted in the same vein as "published" communication.

Does anyone know if MS told BW she wasn't feeling well immediately following the text message she received?

I think she said she was tired and a media talking head stretched it to 'not feeling well'

I'm thinking if she'd said she wasn't feeling well, BW may have pressed a bit harder about driving her home.

He did offer to drive her, didn't he? I'm fuzzled.

No, I don't think so, because she apparently told him early on that she did not feel like drinking because she had too much to drink the night before with her sister. So she did not drink that night, thus told him at the start.

I think she said she was tired and a media talking head stretched it to 'not feeling well'

I'm thinking if she'd said she wasn't feeling well, BW may have pressed a bit harder about driving her home.

He did offer to drive her, didn't he? I'm fuzzled.

I don't think so. He said his car doesn't have a bike rack, but she would have turned down an offer even if he did.

I wonder if we try to rebuild her night in sequence with only facts if we would see anything different.

Evening at Artsmosphere
Leaves with BW bikes to his house to get his car
leaves bike and drives thru TBell caught on video
Text from friend to MS
Drives with BW to his house to eat
Receives call from friends about Mels 1:30
Leaves on bike for ride home
MS has bacpack, vera bradley wallet, mace, pipe, phone
Dad leaves home 2:30 for work MS not home yet
Appro. 9am Sat CS starts trying to find her
No show for graduation
Reported missing by mom/CS
BW questioned and poly given
LPD releases videos
MS on video at 1:48 and 1:49
LPD asks drivers of 2 wt and hoopty to come forward
Bike found at WB 5 days later sumerged in water
LPD questoned RM and released
Hoopty and 1 wt cleared

As you noticied I didnt include all the disussion regarding wt because its not fact. Please lets try

Is there dancing at Artmosphere?

More precisely, did the band that they went to hear play a dance music kind of band or a headbanger thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628