LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very. Theres no cameras I saw on that section of Johnston for quite a ways. She couldve made it pretty far down

ACI, do you know why LE didn't release a photo of the car from the LCG opposite Circle K?

And are we certain the surveillance camera further down St. Landry (just after Breshear) did not show Mickey or the white truck following her?

I think I missed something. There are reports that the bike was 100 years up the shoreline? What does this mean? Upstream of the overpass? Not under the bridge as most think?

A reporter on the scene that night said the bike was a little bit north of a camp road off State Rt 975 - I think I was the one who said "100 yards" - just a guesstimate and possibly not a good one. Tee news reports said things like "off the whiskey bay exit" then "near the whiskey bay bridge" then "under the whiskey bay bridge" - so they were all a bit unclear in the MSM reporting. That reporter showed Chicken on a map where the bike was found according to what he/she saw while there.

We got separated from the group yesterday and the heat was rough, I definitely had a few seconds where I wasn't sure where I was or why - we had quite a few (much) older searchers with our group and I was very concerned for a couple of them. They all agreed that had they known what they were getting into they would have volunteered their time/energy in some other way because they couldnt do much to help - brush too thick, machetes too heavy, heat thorns and bugs all after you...and lets not get started on the snakes and poison ivy. I think they thought they would be looking on road sides, up and down city streets, etc. BUT - help is help - searching somewhere in some capacity is better than not searching at all. Everyone stays SO positive out there.

I love animals, intellectually and many from my heart as well. But I hate snakes. Indiana Jones and I have the same opinion of them.

Falling from a bike on a road would cause blood on the road.

Here's another thing, if this was an accident, the driver was from that neighborhood. There is no reason to drive down those streets unless you live there or you're going to a home there. Those are not streets like University with high traffic.

If she was abducted in the Saint street areas and the white truck is the perp, this is the probable scenario:

MS crosses University from St. John onto St. Landry. Perp is driving down University northbound (we know this b/c we don't see a white truck from the University camera) or immediately following her on St. John. He bumps her to impair her and then so on.

IMO he went out looking for a girl at 2 am and was cruising that area which is packed with people leaving downtown (where most of the bars are) back to the campus area, less than a mile away. The fact that he took the bike with him leads me to think he had this planned.

IMO this is not the perp's first rodeo.

What if Mickey knew her abductor and willingly accepted a lift home, but he messed up her bike later to throw everyone off the scent of his crime? I know it's just theorizing, but it would explain the lack of blood and no screams.

ACI, I am truly sorry if this was asked. I have tried to keep up with the threads and discussions of the various camera locations, but at times my head spins about it. IF MS turned onto Brashear, and IF someone was following her but she made it to Cherry Street, the driver of a vehicle would have to turn left on Cherry, and it appears they would have to go down to University, make a right and then a right on Johnston to circle back around to her under that scenario. I am sure LE has looked throughout this area as well for cameras, but can you fill me in on what, if any, cameras could be down Cherry, to University, to Johnston (or Lee or Amelia) back up to the intersection with Brashear. Obviously wondering if another camera might have picked up a better shot of the vehicle in question. At least according to google maps, there is a drug court in one of the buildings and I would think it would have some cameras.

I stopped by the exit at Whiskey Bay last night. It was a full moon and still very dark. I couldn't find the way to the river where the bike was dumped. Everything, signage and roads, takes you to the boat landing on the opposite side. It wasn't until I drove 3 times by this very small road that I could find the way under the bridge to the river. There are no markings.

And this was absolutely the best place to dump the bike because the perp could have done it at the first exit in Henderson, or at the next exit at Butte La Rose. But he chose Whiskey Bay apparently because he knew how fast the current of the river was. He apparently assumed the current would take the bike. And if he was there at night (probable), he knew where to find the very dark path/road to the river.

The perp was either familiar with the area or knew about it from the DTL case or just got lucky and came upon a very fast river (but unluckly that the current didn't take the bike).

you are crazy to be driving around there! u went alone?

Ive seen it both ways though - had a good friend with a bad head and other bodily injuries from a bike accident and he had the smallest scratch on his forehead and a big knot on the back of his head..large scrape on one hand...otherwise looked absolutely fine. Was in a coma for a few weeks - it was told to us by the doctors that the damage was all internal swelling and bleeding and if he had not gotten to the hospital fast enough he would not have made it. If I remember correctly they purposefully had him in that coma for part of the time working on the brain swelling and other internal injuries.

I do agree that an accident 'should' have a trace and it would have been much more difficult to get the entire bike, Mickey and her belongings all in the truck without anyone seeing/hearing and without leaving something, anything behind.

Not sure I can speculate on how the bike got damaged until they show us or tell us more - I absolutely agree it could have been damaged while shoving into a trunk/truck...not sure about the drop off. Its not exactly rocky as much as muddy and the bike would have had to have been thrown 15-20 yards OUT from the 'cliff' to make it to the water after somehow making it through very very thick forest/brush that we had difficulties cutting through with a machete. Still scratching my head on that one and still assuming the report on the exact spot of the bike was just off...as so many other details have been.

Did your friend's bike have only the small damage as MS's bike?

For this to be an accident, MS would have had to have been hit only slightly so as to not severely damage the bike, then hit the ground at the right angle so as to not result in any blood loss and incapacitate her.

And even if this were the case, a drunk hitting her would have gotten the hell out of there to avoid any witnesses rather than stop, pick her up, put her in his truck, put the bike in the truck.

Very unlikely.

an injured skull bleeds ALOT. my son at 3 years old fell backwards off his low to the ground tricycle when he rode into the culdesac curb. he had an inch of the back of his head stapled and there was blood EVERYWHERE. in the street, my house, me, my car, the emergency room. if she hit on accident, there would be a trace, thats just my opinion. also, when you look at the whiskey bay exit, even under the bridge, he still had to have sort of dropped it. there's a rocky drop offbefore it would hit the water. i think the tire was damaged while being hurriedly thrown in a trunk or shoved in backseat or was damaged when put in the water

Yes I also got hit in the head with a metal baseball bat by a one time at night, there was tons of blood. But also the correct hit to the temple doesnt require a lot of force for serious truama or death to happen...

As the WB yes you are correct , you simply cant just walk up to the waters edge there. But that is what leads me to think it wasnt someone 100% local to the area. I live between Breaux bridge and Henderson, and I can tell you there is a 1000 better places to dump something then WB Bridge out here in this area if you never want it to be found(there is locals with no boats that fish there all the time at the bridge).. WB bridge has been very popular with local youths way before DTL happend, teens use to go out there all the time and party, no cops etc, it was spookey and would do it for the thrill.

I also dont think it was some copy cat killer kind of deal for DTL, if it was, why would they try to stash the bike into the river, where it would possibly never been found

What if Mickey knew her abductor and willingly accepted a lift home, but he messed up her bike later to throw everyone off the scent of his crime? I know it's just theorizing, but it would explain the lack of blood and no screams.

Or more than one perp.

For there to be only one, he'd have a lot to deal with. Seems like his first and only priority would be securing MS. Why worry about the bike?

Ive seen it both ways though - had a good friend with a bad head and other bodily injuries from a bike accident and he had the smallest scratch on his forehead and a big knot on the back of his head..large scrape on one hand...otherwise looked absolutely fine. Was in a coma for a few weeks - it was told to us by the doctors that the damage was all internal swelling and bleeding and if he had not gotten to the hospital fast enough he would not have made it. If I remember correctly they purposefully had him in that coma for part of the time working on the brain swelling and other internal injuries.

I do agree that an accident 'should' have a trace and it would have been much more difficult to get the entire bike, Mickey and her belongings all in the truck without anyone seeing/hearing and without leaving something, anything behind.

Not sure I can speculate on how the bike got damaged until they show us or tell us more - I absolutely agree it could have been damaged while shoving into a trunk/truck...not sure about the drop off. Its not exactly rocky as much as muddy and the bike would have had to have been thrown 15-20 yards OUT from the 'cliff' to make it to the water after somehow making it through very very thick forest/brush that we had difficulties cutting through with a machete. Still scratching my head on that one and still assuming the report on the exact spot of the bike was just off...as so many other details have been.

there was a link to a shreveport article that had many pics of the whiskey bay area. i wonder if we can find approximate spot from those pictures. if it was off that cement drop area then into the water it may have gotten busted up on that cement block rock thing.

This is about where the bike was found, ChickenFried posted this the other evening, where the bike was actually located.

See that's not easy to find at night. That's what I was saying earlier, he either was familiar with the area, scouted it out in the daytime or just happened upon it. More likely one of the first two choices.

Or more than one perp.

For there to be only one, he'd have a lot to deal with. Seems like his first and only priority would be securing MS. Why worry about the bike?

Yes, a definite possibility that there were two perps involved, one playing the bad guy and one the good guy who rescued her? Yikes! just got an image in my head of a bad cop being involved in this. Hope I'm wrong.

Anyone else catch the back ground on KATC's newscast: "Good Cops vs Chief Craft". It bothers me that LPD has all this internal strife during this time. I pray they are all focused on policing Lafayette instead of the lawsuits and repercussions.

For the thoery of drunk driver and why mess with the bike? If it was a truck, the body would be the hardest thing to load, dead weight, the bike would of been the fastest of everything to thrown in the back of a bed, if I was covering that BS up, why not take the bike also?

i think she was tazered that's why there's no trace or screams. how do you get a tazer? anyone can buy them? it's not like a permit thing like a gun?

ACI

I had no idea that only bikes could cross at Brashear to Johnston. Seems like a cool path an avid bike rider would take.

they have to be done with the forensics on the bike! i think they are just keeping it from us, which i understand, though it's maddening. but surely they are done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip