LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who's grown up with a camp in 'da butte', I'll say it's dark to the point you can't see in front of your face if boating at night. Not to mention the stumps. And if you're going to dump a bike or a body I wouldn't think you'd have the Q-beam shining. I just don't think the boat theory is plausible.

My "floating-bike"boat theory has always included a cool-as-a-cucumber, DAYTIME drop from upstream, for that exact reason.

Its all about money. Thats why citizens need to take security into their own hands. Dont rely on old men in suits to protect you. Set up deer cameras in suspicious places like that. Put cameras on your home and businesses and encourage everyone you know to do so. That bypasses all the government red tape and bickering about costs. Protect yourselves. I said it before and I'll say it again. If more people had cameras on their homes and businesses, we wouldn't be wondering what happened to Mickey right now.
Old men?

Arghhhh...will someone kindly bring me up-to-date since 3pm CST? :) Anything?

TIA...

guys, I am on my way to La tomorrow. Have a desire to drive like the devil is chasing me and as if I am rescuing a Hurricane victim. I have been wanting to go to Lafayette and help in any way possible.

While I do not know the family I really just want to walk right up to CS and give her a big old bike riding hippie mama hug, -- but that's just weird.

peace ya'll.

LA

Bless your heart!

That's exactly what the locals need, ,as they are wearing out

I just want to point out that just because the bike ended up there does not mean it was put there. It had a whole week to get moved there by currents. Think about it.....if it were simply thrown there it would have moved a good bit before even getting to the bottom and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't still be there a week later. Bike could have even been put there the night before or only hours before the fishermen found it. LE KNOWS WHEN IT WAS PUT THERE BECAUSE OF FORENSICS..... I think that if the bike was dropped off there same night Mickey disappeared the bike would have had to been dumped a whole weeks worth of movement by current UPSTREAM from where it was found!

We have considered a local disposing of the evidence by boat. If it could be proven, it would greater focus the search for the perpetrator.

Nothing good happens after 10pm. If you're out that late or later, just be with other people.

By the way, I live in Louisiana, and the people in southern part of the state are the best you can find. I love the way they've rallied together.

i accidentally stepped out in front of a cyclist before and it was not pretty. he hit the pavement hard.

so i guess someone could have been lurking in the shadows waiting for her to ride by...but this would have to be a stalker, no?
or maybe an opportunistic criminal?

I've been bouncing around both possibilities in my head, but neither really makes sense to me. If someone was stalking her, why not lie in wait in a place where she's got more than a slight chance of showing up? Like a stalker would wait near her home or her friends' homes- not just hang out at some random spot for hours, hoping she might come by at some point. Does that make sense?

Additionally, I would think that someone who set out to kidnap a random person would have better luck in another area, and probably target someone on foot. It's hard enough to wrangle an unwilling human being, much less an unwilling human being moving at a rapid pace on an unwieldy contraption.

I've yet to consider a single theory that doesn't have some logical flaw, here.

Nothing good happens after 10pm. If you're out that late or later, just be with other people.

I disagree. I think we all have the right to be out late at night- even alone. Criminals do not have the right to own the night.

I want to come to LA LA and volunteer to search for a few days. It is an 8 hour drive for me...and I have the time. Just have to get my bf to care for my animals while I am gone. If anyone has any suggestions about where to stay...hotels near the area or what to bring as far as clothes please pm me. If the creepy icky perp reads these posts I don't want him to know where I stay!!!

That's another thing. If it was someone drunk enough to hit someone on a bicycle, would they really be driving that far the same morning to dump a bike?
Great point! I continue to wonder just exactly what LE knows that leads them to believe that bike was dumped shortly after she was taken/abducted? What could it possibly be for them to determine that?

If you knew the current speed, you might be able to predict where it COULD move over time. The Army Corps of Engineers might have that sorta data. But after 16 days, lord, it could be just about anywhere.
And, if her body was placed in the water seems as though it would have surfaced by now. Perhaps it has and just hasn't been located yet.

If the perp dropped the bike somewhere else and the current carried it to WB...well what are the chances it would end up being found there of all places? I am not local but that seems very coincidental to me. Am I wrong?

From the bottom of my heart, thanks to all of you coming from far away to help. That's a beautiful thing.

No, I can't see it. I can't see someone doing that drunk. I think this guy wanted Mickey, I don't know the reason. As clear as it may seem to everyone else. I've been digging for other crimes around the community, rapes, police impersonators that haven't been caught, peeping toms, abduction attempts on someone Mickey's age, and I've found nothing.

This can't be his first attempt, it was just done way too well. Very neat and clean and slick. But, what he probably didn't think of, was that the bike wouldn't sink all the way.

Have you looked at all into crimes on campus? I believe I read they have their own LE. If a crime occurred on campus would it not necessarily have been reported to local LE?

I am with you on looking for other crimes possibly related and leading up to Mickey going missing. Makes all the sense.
JMO

Work has gotten into the way, so I have not been able to read all of the post, but being from here has me thinking of this case all the time. If we go with what "Mouton" is saying about the bike being dumped that morning, I would think it would have been before daylight. We have lots of fishermen and hunters who leave at daybreak. With this stated, it is very, very dark and creepy there before daylight. If you didn't know, or had not been to this spot before, I don't think you would go exploring at that moment. I believe it's someone who has been there before. I would also think that if you have the bike on the ground, and gave it a rolling push off of the 20 foot drop you could get it damaged up pretty good on the and the water would take it a little, with the current. If it is this persons first time, I would think they would go where they are drawn. For some reason I don't think it was an accident, or a drunk driver, I think it was spontaneous, by someone who is no dummy. IMO

If the perp dropped the bike somewhere else and the current carried it to WB...well what are the chances it would end up being found there of all places? I am not local but that seems very coincidental to me. Am I wrong?

Its starting to look like that is either a dumping ground specifically, or everything does indeed wash up there. A wallet was recently found there (exact same spot) of a three year old murder case from New Iberia. The guy ended up confessing and is in Iberia Parish Jail. Just goes to show you people come from far and wide to hide things there. But nothing stays buried forever.

Not to criticize any posters or posts, but I don't believe gender preference/selection should be an element of this missing person case. Thanks.

I'll play along with this scenario a bit...

So there's no way that a possible jealous gay lover could be involved? (Jealous over BW's close relationship with MS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member