LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in one of the FBI Crime Classification manuals.

It may not be taken seriously, but if one were to look into the past of 25 convicted serial killers, they'd find that most had at least 2 and quite a few would have all 3.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but do you mean the book "Crime Classification Manual" by John E. Douglas? I'm under the impression that the FBI doesn't use standard agency-wide texts in analyzing crimes.

Arson and animal cruelty are certainly disturbing crimes, but I don't think the addition of bed-wedding creates a magic recipe for a serial killer.

I live near BR and I haven't heard of her.

After googling her it appears she is an endangered . Info wad just put out on Facebook. Kinda weird to wait so long but maybe they expected her to cone back home. K.. Sorry for veer off topic.

I live near BR and I haven't heard of her.

After googling her it appears she is an endangered runaway. Info was just put out on Facebook. Kinda weird to wait so long but maybe they expected her to cone back home. K.. Sorry for veer off topic.

So, say it's not local and all of these blond young women that seem to be disappearing (see link: http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/the-internet-is-forever-did-criminal-minds-episode-plot-a-roadmap-for-abduction-of-petite-blonde-females-like-mickey-shunick-and-lauren-spierer/ ) are related cases by someone who travels a lot.

Is it possible to think that someone might want to get rid of their white truck now that it has possible connections to multiple abductions? "Police investigate vehicle fire
13 days ago - Police are investigating a vehicle fire after finding a white truck fully engulfed in flames in the 300 block of Bailey’s Way Sunday night. Police were unable to locate the owner of the vehicle, according to a report."

http://www.lagrangenews.com/view/full_story/18695988/article-Police-investigate-vehicle-fire?

Just thinking out loud.

As a woman it appears misogynistic upon first read. I am sure there are other terms that could be used.

Like ....rape. Rape and aggravated rape. There ya go.

Simple sounds dismissive to people who aren't involved in the criminal justice system

OK, I'll drop it now

And per your map above, the current is in that direction?

Yes.

It all fits,,, depending on bike flotation. I did research online. Some bikes retain enough buoyancy to float or almost float. Add in a swift turbulent current, and it moves horizontally in the water column X amount.

When ships sink, they don't go straight down. Neither does anything else, when buoyancy, drag and current are involved.

I spoke with the PI today and they are checking this theory, among several others. I got a good sense that they're on top of it, and a lot is going on behind the scenes.

If Mickey rode that route so frequently <modsnip> or someone who lived in a neighborhood that she passed through. Perhaps this person became obsessed with her, and planned and waited for just the right opportunity to create a ruse that would lure her off of her bike and into their home or building. The damage to the bike could have been caused during the attempt to dispose of the bike. I remember comments on earlier threads about how an abduction or accident would probably be overheard in a neighborhood, but perhaps the crime itself happened indoors. IDK It's hard to imagine that 1 person could abduct a girl and her bike so easily off the street. And, if there were 2 perps, you think they would have done a better job of disposing of the bike. MOO

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but do you mean the book "Crime Classification Manual" by John E. Douglas? I'm under the impression that the FBI doesn't use standard agency-wide texts in analyzing crimes.

Arson and animal cruelty are certainly disturbing crimes, but I don't think the addition of bed-wedding creates a magic recipe for a serial killer.

OT- I'm a John Douglas fan girl/woman. Met him once.

FYI, it's absolutely impossible to stalk him.

I think one reason LE is so quiet is that the perp is local and they have to keep a tight lid on it, due to the Cajun Net. Every day that passes, I think that moreso.

I think one reason LE is so quiet is that the perp is local and they have to keep a tight lid on it, due to the Cajun Net. Every day that passes, I think that moreso.

I think neighborhood, I really do.

Doesn't look like I'm giving up on the perp-on-foot possibility any time soon.

So, say it's not local and all of these blond young women that seem to be disappearing (see link: http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/the-internet-is-forever-did-criminal-minds-episode-plot-a-roadmap-for-abduction-of-petite-blonde-females-like-mickey-shunick-and-lauren-spierer/ ) are related cases by someone who travels a lot.

Is it possible to think that someone might want to get rid of their white truck now that it has possible connections to multiple abductions? "Police investigate vehicle fire
13 days ago - Police are investigating a vehicle fire after finding a white truck fully engulfed in flames in the 300 block of Bailey’s Way Sunday night. Police were unable to locate the owner of the vehicle, according to a report."

http://www.lagrangenews.com/view/full_story/18695988/article-Police-investigate-vehicle-fire?

Just thinking out loud.

Wow... Something to think about for sure. Crazy, especially looking at the map.

I can't shake the feeling that it was scenario 1. After the bump, something about the driver made MS feel as if he could be trusted and she got in the truck -- much like in this situation: http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/ (I know it has been "ruled out" that this guy is not the perp and the daytime pickup is viewed as an independent incident, but still...)

I'm really starting to become sold on the idea that Shunick's disappearance was a lot more sedate than the dramatic smash-and-grab most people initially imagined. Three weeks later, and no one has come forward with any evidence of the sound and fury that would likely involve.

I can't imagine that a woman who would refuse a ride from a friend would suddenly hop in the car with some random, middle-aged man offering an unsolicited ride. But I can imagine a few scenarios in which continuing her ride became impossible, and a ride might suddenly start to sound appealing. Maybe the person offering the ride was the sort of character most people don't imagine to be dangerous. Or maybe she had no choice at all.

Just thinking out loud.

Honestly, I keep asking myself why the LPD were so quick to dismiss this case being related to the others. She fit the profile of that individuals victims perfectly. She is similar looking to several of them.

And yes, the person could be trying to get rid of the vehicle, though there are so many around, he could easily fly under the radar. The truth is, the vehicle we are looking for may have already been changed in some so that it doesn't completely fit the description. We just need to be aware of anyone doing anything strange. Vehicles matter, but only to a certain point. We need to be more open to the possibility that the individual used someone else's vehicle, dumped his own vehicle, changed it in some way, or switched to something completely different.

I'm also just thinking out loud... my thoughts, as usual, are scattered.

Just thinking out loud.

Whoa... To both

Yes.

It all fits,,, depending on bike flotation. I did research online. Some bikes retain enough buoyancy to float or almost float. Add in a swift turbulent current, and it moves horizontally in the water column X amount.

When ships sink, they don't go straight down. Neither does anything else, when buoyancy, drag and current are involved.

I spoke with the PI today and they are checking this theory, among several others. I got a good sense that they're on top of it, and a lot is going on behind the scenes.

You would think it would have occurred to local LE and the FBI as well, but I could be wrong. It's not like they need to descend en masse on Butte La Rose, Henderson levee, etc. But sending out a handful of detectives to talk to residents and check video would a reasonable use of manpower.

It is. I've said it many times, the more time goes on, the more I think (don't know, of course) that this person really had this whole deal planned out. You don't accidentally hit someone, throw them and their bike in your truck, then go 27 miles down the interstate to Whiskey Bay to dump. If the bike drop was supposed to cover something up, he failed in an epic way. Most of south Louisiana is water, swamps, bayous, etc. Whiskey Bay isn't the the only place to lose evidence. I know I've posted much along these lines, but for those not from here, the use of this area feels like too scary to be a coincidence. Could it be? Yes. Absolutely.

For those wanting someone to go take pics of WB, if I can get my husband to go out there and do it, then will do, but I'm not brave enough to visit that horrible place.

I'm sure it's fine during the day.... the night would be different.

If Mickey rode that route so frequently <modsnip> or someone who lived in a neighborhood that she passed through. Perhaps this person became obsessed with her, and planned and waited for just the right opportunity to create a ruse that would lure her off of her bike and into their home or building. The damage to the bike could have been caused during the attempt to dispose of the bike. I remember comments on earlier threads about how an abduction or accident would probably be overheard in a neighborhood, but perhaps the crime itself happened indoors. IDK It's hard to imagine that 1 person could abduct a girl and her bike so easily off the street. And, if there were 2 perps, you think they would have done a better job of disposing of the bike. MOO

THIS ^^^^^ is what I have been thinking this whole time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne