LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't say anything about white lettering. You said it was reflectors only, not full painted lines. :lol:

The painted arrows are there. The "ONLY" letters would be under or behind the trucks, according to google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...g2QXJr9WoDA&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

I just compared the jpegs from chicken and the ones released. Can only state what I see. I do not see the white letters to the side which tends to make me believe that there was work done subsequent to those stills that were released.

ETA chickens link to jpegs

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8015486&postcount=647"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22[/ame]

I just compared the jpegs from chicken and the ones released. Can only state what I see. I do not see the white letters to the side which tends to make me believe that there was work done subsequent to those stills that were released.
Can you link to chicken's jpegs or upload them? Thanks :)

JMO as someone who cares about Mickey being found...and cares about the issues...and has a huge sense of humor especially to alleviate stress...

I don't get the inside jokes...

Nonetheless...I wish Mickey, her family and friends, and everyone else good luck, happiness and everything else positive... :heart:

Wow...so much to read and it is amazing how many scenarios come up when brainstorming is involved!

I actually have witnessed the aftermath of a bicycle that had been hit from behind, the same way MS might have been. With the damage to the back of it, that sounds extremely consistent to what the bike I saw had. I took a look at the GIF made of how MS might have been run over and I feel I could see that happening, but the only thing I can't get my head around is how no one heard this. I mean a girl run over, probably screaming...bike scraping across the street...i mean come on! I haven't been posting much, but I like to read what you guys come up with..this is very depressing and me being a little older than MS, well it makes someone more aware to not walk or bike the streets alone at night :(.

And I thank you for finding it for me and posting it again. I really do. I know you care about this girl, as does everyone here.

I was just away all day and came on hoping to find some new info or something and all there is are new theories that, in my mind, are getting farther and farther away from what could have happened instead of getting closer and closer. Guess I'm just frustrated. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

The only new info I've seen today in MSM is that TES and another K-9 SAR team will be in Lafayette tomorrow resuming (or continuing) the search for Mickey.

http://www.katc.com/news/two-search-teams-looking-for-shunick/

"This is a full timeline of events from the day Mickey Shunick disappeared, up to the very latest information we know."

http://www.katc.com/news/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Ok. It clearly says that a white truck was captured on video on Versailles Blvd. At "around the same time Mickey was riding".

I thought that is what they were trying to say in the original police news release. But the wording was interpreted in two different ways.

Get a dog. Seriously. My wife has felt so much safer since we have a dog. That little booger loves her and wouldn't let anything hurt her and protects our house like a watchman.

i thought about that, but we have 4 kids. i don't think i could take care of another living thing. not even a fish. sounds crazy, i know, but i'm spinning over here.

:juggle:

Believe me, there has been plenty of things that I've read here today that I'm thinking of and can't talk about, the truck right now is the least of my worries.

This must be what I missed earlier.:waitasec:

TRUE. But with the gif we were shown, it had her standing upright upon her bike, and we could see the road conditions and all of that. But true, there are a lot of variables. But in general, if a truck hits a bicyclist, the person is going to fly up in the air, or fly forward.

Unless she was shot first,then her and her bike would have fallen right there.Unless the gun was a silent one someone would have heard it.That truck would have had how many minutes to throw the body and bike in the truck before the next picture snapped on the camera or someone walked out of the store?

Ok. It clearly says that a white truck was captured on video on Versailles Blvd. At "around the same time Mickey was riding".

I thought that is what they were trying to say in the original police news release. But the wording was interpreted in two different ways.

Yep, that's what it says, so, we have the wrong time on the Circle K pictures, apparently.

Well, if you look at the image of Mickey on her Bike in front of the Circle K and the picture of the truck, the truck picture has been cropped in closer. Soo...I guess it's totally possible that a time stamp has been cropped out? I asked about the reason for the cropping earlier, but no one really seemed to think it was an issue and just done for us to focus more on the truck.

I guess that would be a reason to crop it, but since only 2 of us remember the timestamp and neither of us have links, most here at WS have spent a lot of time rearranging the pics into different timelines to support their theories. Some of these are impossible given that the truck was in front of circle k 1 minute after Mickey at 1:49, not before.

May 19-20th it was a new moon...
http://www.calendar-365.com/moon/moon-phases.html

Isn't the new moon the darkest of all moon cycles? I can't remember!
The new moon is just after the dark of the moon. Darkest part of the moon cycle = can't see the moon at all. New moon (sliver of a crescent)...the moon is either waxing (getting bigger) or waning (getting smaller). Of course this terminology just means what it looks like to us from Earth (it's not really changing size).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newsboynyc