LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A.C.I. are there any live webcams in the area?
Or is that a redundant question since you have been looking for cameras anyways?

P.S. I made a chocolate peppermint cake that just came out of the oven for all you sleuthers. The milk is on ice.

There a cyclist subculture of sorts in Lafayette. They're green, concerned with the environment, tend to be health conscious, prefer organic foods, listen to indie, etc. For big events, there is even bicycle valet provided free of charge by some cycling advocates - helps with parking. Of course, these are vast generalizations but I'm just trying to paint a picture.

I'm sure this has been covered, but what is the general concensus as to why we think she headed off to Johnston as opposed to doing the Congress thing. Johnston is so congested even late at night especially at 2 a.m. when some bars close; I might avoid it just for that reason. Is there any other reason besides the fact that she may have had a change of heart and decided to swing by Mel's to meet friends?

Going to start here now that there is a new thread. To escape the camera, which I'm certain that Mickey didn't even know was there at 216 Landry, and she wasn't captured on camera going through the City Hall lot, (not that we are aware at least), she could have taken Brashear, to Cherry. There is a barrier at those two streets, both of which she could have crossed but anyone persuing her in a vehicle couldn't, which would have forced him to go around back onto University, further down than a camera would have caught him. This is my theory.

Post #12 - With Photos - just my theory, nothing more
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174788"]LA LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Alright, for argument's sake.

Let's say the truck hit her and fled the scene.

What if the wrong kind of someone came along and picked her/the bike up?

Then we've got nothing. If this truck does come forward, he's going to be charged with more than just hit and run, DUI.

LE is not going to accept "I hit her and left."

LE will probably accept "I hit and killed her."

I still think the hit and run thing is the last thing that could have happened...

Just logging off.. and saw this...

The camera at 216 is hard as heck to find and well disguised behind a roof vent. A.C.I found it - I missed it completely, and I was looking hard for it on foot......

I doubt a perp would have found it.

:doh:
Thanks. :bow:

I'll keep settin' em up, you just keep knockin' em down. :highfive:

Alright, for argument's sake.

Let's say the truck hit her and fled the scene.

What if the wrong kind of someone came along and picked her/the bike up?

Then we've got nothing. If this truck does come forward, he's going to be charged with more than just hit and run, DUI.

LE is not going to accept "I hit her and left."

LE will probably accept "I hit and killed her."

Exactly. Too many cases move forward with less evidence.

I. M. O.

:confused: That's another jargon word I don't know.

"Hooptie."

Hoopdie-Dooooo?????

That's all I got.

I don't know the context but when I lived in Houston people called older, junky cars "hoopties." Might be different in La (but I kind of doubt it) - hope this helps!

Thanks - I'm allergic to Aleve. Ibuprofen isn't doing it. The nerves themselves are swollen so I have to take a break.,

Still working on things away from the computer, though.

Be careful if you are allergic to Aleve when taking Ibuprofen. My mom knew she was allergic to Ibuprofen, but still took Aleve a sometimes until she had a bad reaction to it (side of her face severely swollen). Her doctor said that are related enough that she should avoid both. Now she can only take Tylenol.

A.C.I. are there any live webcams in the area?
Or is that a redundant question since you have been looking for cameras anyways?

P.S. I made a chocolate peppermint cake that just came out of the oven for all you sleuthers. The milk is on ice.

Not that I know of. I did just find some cameras in the Brashear neighborhood. But the owners arent home. So now...I have to wait

I think the vehicle may be carrying possible witnesses with their own reasons to avoid law enforcement. Maybe.

Good theory. All it takes is the driver having a warrant and they would probably avoid voluntarily walking into LPD. I hate to consider they have info that could help bring Mickey home but won't come forward because they are "protecting" themselves.

EXACTLY what it looks like to me. This person must live in the boonies or some sort of fish camp??

I agree it looks like a fan, but can't explain why it would be there in the back window.

I am continuing to sleuth the truck. If LE finds it then they can rule it in or out.

Not that I know of. I did just find some cameras in the Brashear neighborhood. But the owners arent home. So now...I have to wait

Boy it's a good thing I brought this up :)

I was just about to tell you I just saw some there on Brashear

Going to start here now that there is a new thread. To escape the camera, which I'm certain that Mickey didn't even know was there at 216 Landry, and she wasn't captured on camera going through the City Hall lot, (not that we are aware at least), she could have taken Brashear, to Cherry. There is a barrier at those two streets, both of which she could have crossed but anyone persuing her in a vehicle couldn't, which would have forced him to go around back onto University, further down than a camera would have caught him. This is my theory.

Post #12 - With Photos - just my theory, nothing more
LA LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If she does not show up on any of the camera further down St. Landry, it seems a reasonable theory. And that barrier, as you say, would have blocked a tail. She is riding down the middle of the lane on St. Landry. She could have been starting in that direction.

:confused: That's another jargon word I don't know.

"Hooptie."

Hoopdie-Dooooo?????

That's all I got.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalopy"]Jalopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

" American English
In American slang clunker, old rust bucket and bucket are also used. So too are beater and the more urban hooptie, which gained some popularity from the humorous song My hooptie by Sir Mix-a-Lot. "
BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member