LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sewage tunnels under the roadways...we must, right? Never thought about it until you just mentioned it. But, even with the water table, yes, we must. I know New Orleans (bringing it up, but for a neutral reason!) does, because my great grandfather used to work for the city and have to go down in them.

We're not talking a sewage system like New York though...more just very small pipes (4-5 feet in diameter?).

Yeah you have to have them, I'm just wondering, those gutters we see like on Versaille, do you have manhole covers? I know you must but I haven't seen any on Google Earth.

Can I get back to you tomorrow? I have been reading some interesting papers about meth lately and I've been trying to think how the might apply to this very question.

I would love to hear your take on this....

Interesting discussion on the bath salts angle. I don't personally think it had anything to do with MS disappearance, but I've been wrong before.

It is something that everyone should educate themselves about. It's nasty stuff and I know several states are outlawing the stuff. Doesn't mean it's not out there, but it will make it a just a tad more difficult to get hopefully. I know the feds are plenty interested in the problem in our area and are keeping track of some of our investigations involving this stuff.

I would love to hear your take on this....

Interesting discussion on the bath salts angle. I don't personally think it had anything to do with MS disappearance, but I've been wrong before.

It is something that everyone should educate themselves about. It's nasty stuff and I know several states are outlawing the stuff. Doesn't mean it's not out there, but it will make it a just a tad more difficult to get hopefully. I know the feds are plenty interested in the problem in our area and are keeping track of some of our investigations involving this stuff.

This is one way I think it could be linked ... Police say that they believe that Jacquneaux was under the influence of drugs at the time of arrest, but failed to conduct blood tests before he was incarcerate ... That just about sums up our defence system I got that from the link chicken posted ...

What I want to know is ...is there anything really, truly, wrong with sammiches and take out for two weeks straight?

No but have a salad now and then. You can get premade ones and you need all your vitamins and minerals. Add some yogurt and fruit and you are good to go.

I pray that there is some kind of news soon. Where can she be? :( sigh.

Yeah you have to have them, I'm just wondering, those gutters we see like on Versaille, do you have manhole covers? I know you must but I haven't seen any on Google Earth.

I'm stumped. I can't remember any manhole covers in Lafayette, but they have to be there, right? The sewage doesn't flow through those ditches/gutters...that's for drainage. So the sewage system is accessed somehow...there must be manhole covers somewhere, I just cannot place them.

Chicken?

I'm stumped. I can't remember any manhole covers in Lafayette, but they have to be there, right? The sewage doesn't flow through those ditches/gutters...that's for drainage. So the sewage system is accessed somehow...there must be manhole covers somewhere, I just cannot place them.

Chicken?

Yeah, they have to be there. I've been searching for something on it but not able to find anything yet.

Just realized after re-reading that, it wasn't bath salts I did it was incense we call it legal Down here ... As in legal weed sorry about that!

Well, you do have sewage tunnels under the roadways right, and I'm just wondering which ones have been being worked on during the time Mickey went missing till now.

I mean I'm for talking OT on meth and bathsalts and the like, but I'm still searching for Mickey here.

I have no idea if sewage tunnels were searched. I know the coulees were searched, though!

Question for a locals...

Where Mildred St. ends at Johnston... looking across Johnston is a guard rail. What is behind that guard rail?

Also, on Johnston between Albert and Lewis St. there is another guard rail with a drainage ditch below it. Has that area been searched?

I'm considering the other routes, and the possibility that somebody hit Mickey by accident and she went over the guard rail but her bike didn't. Person who hit her might dispose of the bike to dispose the evidence (like paint transfer).

Quoting my own post from earlier. I've seen tunnels mentioned again, and I don't think I got an answer earlier. Is a coulee a drainage ditch?

I know there used to be some on Johnston st. I don't recall some any place else though.

Chicken?

Most of Lafayette proper is about 30-ft. above sea level.

We definitely have drainage systems. Not sure where a manhole cover is in that area. On the side of the street you have drainage outlets.

We definitely have drainage systems. Not sure where a manhole cover is in that area. On the side of the street you have drainage outlets.
Hmmmm ... I've never noticed any manhole's, just the drains on the side of the streets as Galbug mentioned and the openings are not large enough to put a body in other than a very small child maybe. I suppose there is access to the drainage system somewhere but I haven't got a clue where that would be.

I started reading this thread and gave up...

Too many questions that start with WHY

AFTER
EVERY
SINGLE
STATEMENT...about went crazy...but guessing i didn't miss much :( very sad

Big Smiles and positive vibes for the Shunick family!

I'm just trying to figure out, how Mickey could be right under everyones nose and them not be aware. And Paris, I think those are coulees where you're indicating maybe?

Well, we do have them, we've all concluded and a Google search confirmed. The Google search also turned up this job description: Wastewaster Mainline Television Operator. The manholes have cameras it seems.

Again, I don't know the extent of the system, but if this avenue hasn't been explored, it definitely should be. Great line if thought mamamia!

Quoting my own post from earlier. I've seen tunnels mentioned again, and I don't think I got an answer earlier. Is a coulee a drainage ditch?

Yes.

Re: Mildred guardrail, she wouldn't have been on that side of Johnston. That looks like a little park, with an embankment leading up to Johnston.

Re:Albert - yes, that's a coulee.

I'll say it again for emphasis: the coulees were all searched the first day or two she went missing. That's the very first place everyone thought to look. There were news photos of her friends riding bikes in them and local volunteers crawling up into tunnels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw