LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The use of cadaver dogs makes sense at this point. If she's in town, they may be able to alert.

Well, we do have them, we've all concluded and a Google search confirmed. The Google search also turned up this job description: Wastewaster Mainline Television Operator. The manholes have cameras it seems.

Again, I don't know the extent of the system, but if this avenue hasn't been explored, it definitely should be. Great line if thought mamamia!

Ohhh boy, now, we need to figure out where the locations are, possibly close to the college, or Coliseum Rd maybe? Um, since we know that Mickey didn't make it down to Mel's Diner, what lies between where she was last spotted at the Circle K, and down to Coliseum Rd. I may be way off in my thinking, but it's worth a shot.

Quoting my own post from earlier. I've seen tunnels mentioned again, and I don't think I got an answer earlier. Is a coulee a drainage ditch?

Yes.

Re: Mildred guardrail, she wouldn't have been on that side of Johnston. That looks like a little park, with an embankment leading up to Johnston.

Re:Albert - yes, that's a coulee.

I'll say it again for emphasis: the coulees were all searched the first day or two she went missing. That's the very first place everyone thought to look. There were news photos of her friends riding bikes in them and local volunteers crawling up into tunnels.

But...I always considered a ditch to be the thing in front of someone's house, that valley the driveway goes over. The coulees are those larger, cement paved valleys. Ditches drain to drains which drain to coulees which drain to the Vermilion. Is my lingo wrong?

Actually you have to have a pretty large opening on some. In my neighborhood I found a puppy in the drainage outlet standing on a ledge, lg enough for me to get him out with a pet gate that I placed into the area, I was too scared and there was too much water. I could have crawled in.

If 1-10 runs all through the south ...she could be just about anywhere. After WB where they found bike..what state would he be hitting if he kept on 1-10?

No but have a salad now and then. You can get premade ones and you need all your vitamins and minerals. Add some yogurt and fruit and you are good to go.

I threw a chicken in a cast iron dutch oven with some tony's seasoning and baked it for 2 hours then browned it under the broiler for 5 minutes. A ziploc baggie of my frozen homemade chicken stock to make the gravy, some quickie mashed potatoes, and a big bunch of steamed broccoli for dessert. Took me longer to consume it than it did to prep it and my cells are happy. )

/brussels sprouts would have been better but I had none ...

If 1-10 runs all through the south ...she could be just about anywhere. After WB where they found bike..what state would he be hitting if he kept on 1-10?

Mississippi, then Alabama, then Florida. But I think if this perp is a professional, we should consider they dumped the bike and went the other way, Texas, then Arizona, then New Mexico, then California. And lots of other roadways and interstates that intersect and go off in all directions.

According to this report on Lafayette Consolidated Government:

Treating the city’s wastewater is a complex process
that requires strict adherence to a number of federal and
state regulations designed to protect public health and
the environment. LUS performs this important task
through four major wastewater treatment facilities, more
than 650 miles of collection lines, 11,498 manholes and
146 lift stations. Approximately 20-million gallons per
day of treated wastewater is returned to the Vermillion
River cleaner than the river itself.

See p.28 of the pdf. Now if we could just find a map.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/images/lcg_annual_report_2010.pdf

Yep that's what we need. Map, OY.

thats ALOT of manholes

Ohhh boy, now, we need to figure out where the locations are, possibly close to the college, or Coliseum Rd maybe? Um, since we know that Mickey didn't make it down to Mel's Diner, what lies between where she was last spotted at the Circle K, and down to Coliseum Rd. I may be way off in my thinking, but it's worth a shot.
I suppose every avenue should be explored but I believe it's more likely, if she is deceased, her body is located somewhere in our vast waterways, swamps or wooded areas. This place isn't called Sportsman's Paradise for no reason. Even around the immediate Lafayette area there are acres and acres of dense woods. Plenty, plenty of places to discard a body unfortunately.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe that she is going to be found right there within Lafayette anywhere. I just feel that if he bothered taking her bike 25 miles away, why leave her body so close? I think he lives out past WB somewhere, like BB or BR, and he took her with him.

eta: and I agree with Mahmoo. This perp probably knows the backwoods and the waterways and found a good hiding place.

I suppose every avenue should be explored but I believe it's more likely, if she is deceased, her body is located somewhere in our vast waterways, swamps or wooded areas. This place isn't called Sportsman's Paradise for no reason. Even around the immediate Lafayette area there are acres and acres of dense woods. Plenty, plenty of places to discard a body unfortunately.

agree

I might be wrong, but I don't believe that she is going to be found right there within Lafayette anywhere. I just feel that if he bothered taking her bike 25 miles away, why leave her body so close? I think he lives out past WB somewhere, like BB or BR, and he took her with him.

eta: and I agree with Mahmoo. This perp probably knows the backwoods and the waterways and found a good hiding place.

He just might be someone from lafayette and took the bike clear out there to dump it, diversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth