LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bath salts are y'all talking about "legal" I tried it when it was actually legal a few years back all it does is get you crazy high and paranoid to the MAX I have to say didnt make me want to kill myself though!

Well now that they're not "legal" they're being laced with all sorts of stuff.

Bath salts are y'all talking about "legal" I tried it when it was actually legal a few years back all it does is get you crazy high and paranoid to the MAX I have to say didnt make me want to kill myself though!

Apparently it makes one want to eat face.

That is exactly what happened in the recent Sierra Lamar case. While we were in that forum, complaining and whining about LE not finding anything, they had already figured out who the killer was, had put a GPS on his car, found his DNA on her abandoned purse, and searched his home. They tailed him for weeks, hoping he would lead them to her, alive or dead.

So I hold my tongue in this case now, wishing and hoping that maybe the same kind of thing is going on here.

Same happened her the guys name is Jason Gilley he's awaiting trial on rape and murder they tracked his car as well as other family members for weeks until he slipped up. They knew it was him they just needed more in the meantime everyone was still searching for the girl.

On the news today -in Scott a little town only a couple miles NW of Mickey's home, a guy is under arrest for attacking his neighbor while on bath salts and biting off part of his neighbor's face.

So just in the last 24 hrs. here in Lafayette area we have a bath-salt biter and a home-invasion rape.

Can someone with better knowledge tell me specifically which K9 unit was brought in today? From my understanding, it is this group (based in The Woodlands, TX), but my mom said KLFY mentioned Opelousas. Clarity please?

An incident on my way home from work this afternoon got me thinking.

I walk about two miles from my office to my apartment. Today, I was about a block from home when I saw a man at the bus stop. He was probably about 70 and had a white cane.

As I was walking past, he asked me for help. He couldn't read the schedule (obviously) and had been waiting for a long time because another bus driver had given him wrong directions. Our transit authority has a system that you can text for the next bus at a particular stop, but it's not very useful if you can't read the stop number and can't see the keys on your phone to text.

I admit I hesitated: he was bigger than I am (not difficult) and I thought about Mickey. I decided to stop because it was broad daylight, we were on a busy road, he didn't have a vehicle, and the whole blind thing. I helped him out and waited with him to make sure he got on his bus. All was well.

However, as I finished walking home, I considered that Mickey might have stopped to give someone directions. Maybe a driver waved her over, or shouted a request for directions. I hate to say it, but girls, especially, are taught to be polite and sometimes it's hard to say no or just walk away, especially to older men. Maybe she thought someone was lost in an unfamiliar city in the middle of the night and legitimately in need of help. Has this hypothesis been discussed at any length?

Also, it pretty much stinks that criminals have made it so that nice people have to stop and think before they help someone in need.

The bad people in the world make it hard for us to do the right / kind thing. It's a struggle to be a giving / good person while protecting yourself and being a vulnerable female. Such a shame that criminals and opportunist have taken this away from us and instilled such fear.

I think that's a little odd.

Maybe I'm wrong

That's the implication I got from the report as well; they had a very short interview with someone at the home base and she was saying that she really didn't know what/where the independent searches were going and then went on to emphasize the importance of communication in cases such as this so there can be a level of organization...

OT, but my husband used to always ask me if the people in the cases I follow had been found...he doesn't anymore and he said it is because none of them were ever found...hoping this Mickey is at least located.

Well now that they're not "legal" they're being laced with all sorts of stuff.

There has been a lot of stores busted lately but They still have A LOT of stores that sell it pretty easy to get the sad thing is that people don't realize that it is illegal now and how harmful it is to you even though I've tried it I'm glad that they are trying to get it off the streets. Didn't know about it being laced now but I'm there are going to be a lot more deaths bc of this!!!

On the news today -in Scott a little town only a couple miles NW of Mickey's home, a guy is under arrest for attacking his neighbor while on bath salts and biting off part of his neighbor's face.

So just in the last 24 hrs. here in Lafayette area we have a bath-salt biter and a home-invasion rape.

Big Leagues now

Sorry

The bad people in the world make it hard for us to do the right / kind thing. It's a struggle to be a giving / good person while protecting yourself and being a vulnerable female. Such a shame that criminals and opportunist have taken this away from us and instilled such fear.

Other people were just walking by. I guess I can't blame them. It only takes a few bad incidents in the media to make you hesitate before helping.

I think we all feel this. just think how the family is feeling. I wonder if they have managed in any way to do anything to step back for a moment to breathe.
Probably not :-(

You need to rest up and also don't be afraid.

It's quite slow right now, and I think we're all needing a bit of a pick me up, so I thought now would be a great time to bring this up. I believe Charlie's FB is public. You guys should take a look, the last few days her posts have had some heartwarming glimpses into her and Mickey's relationship and Mickey's animals. They're inspiring and great reminders of what a great girl Mickey is and why we're fighting so hard to bring her home.

That's the implication I got from the report as well; they had a very short interview with someone at the home base and she was saying that she really didn't know what/where the independent searches were going and then went on to emphasize the importance of communication in cases such as this so there can be a level of organization...

I just don't understand how they even know where to search -if they're not local - if they're not communicating with anyone.

Something's awry.

What do the locals think about the Cajun Field that has an underground tunnel from the UL Lafayette athletics complex, has that tunnel been checked yet?

It is technically a tunnel, but it's not really...Probably only about 20-30 feet in length, tops. It's really an underpass for pedestrians under a 4 lane roadway. It would be used anytime the Cajundome has an large event to get from the parking to the venue. I'm not saying they definitely checked it, but it would be really hard for someone to go unnoticed there for 17 days. So, that's good news at least?

ETA: The tunnel is ground level while the roadway is raised.

There has been a lot of stores busted lately but They still have A LOT of stores that sell it pretty easy to get the sad thing is that people don't realize that it is illegal now and how harmful it is to you even though I've tried it I'm glad that they are trying to get it off the streets. Didn't know about it being laced now but I'm there are going to be a lot more deaths bc of this!!!

Meth is linked with psychosis

Dear God ~ please protect us from all this evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne