LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that all phone calls and text messages had been checked out.

I thought so as well.

If the other poster wanted to know how another person would know when you received a text, then I can tell you most people have a different chime, ring, or other sound specially for texts. If you are around someone enough, like MS and BW, you would probably know that. Even if you didn't, if someone's phone made a short sound/chime and they pulled it out and looked at it, it was likely a text. Especially if the person started typing numbers/keyboard in response. So, BW could have easily known before her cell phone records were checked that she'd received a text. I recall him saying their friends called them to go to Mel's, then he mentioned a text, but didn't say who sent it. I'm guessing he either didn't know, or like someone else said, he was told to keep quiet about it.

We don't have it but LE has a last text message. Could hold a clue or could be nothing. I don't know text etiquette. If you receive a text in front of your friend, do you not mention who it is from? How do they know you received one unless you say 'I have a text' (but I'm not going to tell you who it's from :waitasec:). BW may know who and has been upfront about it to those who matter but can't publically say 'blah blah texted right before she left my house' because that would be doing what we aren't supposed to do as how can you conclude that person did something bad. Still needs to be checked out and could be an angle LE is questioning. They can't announce that either. So I understand how things have to stay under wraps at times. Even so, what evidence or how to get it would they need to charge somebody? Ya know?

if you have your phone set to vibrate or play a ringtone when you get a text, then the other person will hear it. if you type instead of talking they will know it was probably a text...or facebook notification...or email. i dont announce the sender of texts i receive unless i feel it's relevant to the people around me or if i'm checking my phone and i feel like i'm being rude, i'll say "oh, that was my cousin." or something to that effect.

it's not inconceivable for me to get almost a hundred texts a day somedays. and i'm sure that's true for people younger than me that actually have friends and they love to text too.

and LE can look at phone records and see where the text originated from anyway.

I lost you. Why would the media want links to our statements?

LOL I mean here at WS, we ask that posters provide MSM links to support their statements, with a nod to the WS rule that we don't allow wild suppositions. Supposition yes--wild supposition, not so much.

I was trying to upload a link to an article from The Daily Advertiser, but I keep getting an error code. I am using Firefox, could that make a difference? Probably just operator error. :waitasec:
In regards to the items that were found Abdella said "he has been given items thought to have been with Shunick the night she vanished."
"I'm in the process of establishing if they are, in fact, hers. We don't know yet," Abdella said.

This is the same channel that featured the Jennings 8 a few months back. It was very interesting but dramatized and made some insinuations that there were certain people involved in the serial killings of these women. And these people had already been questioned and cleared by LE. IMO it over sensationlized for ratings purposes! Not sure how really accurate the show proved to be.

Thought only her bike had been found so far and non of the personal items on her.

if you have your phone set to vibrate or play a ringtone when you get a text, then the other person will hear it. if you type instead of talking they will know it was probably a text...or facebook notification...or email. i dont announce the sender of texts i receive unless i feel it's relevant to the people around me or if i'm checking my phone and i feel like i'm being rude, i'll say "oh, that was my cousin." or something to that effect.

it's not inconceivable for me to get almost a hundred texts a day somedays. and i'm sure that's true for people younger than me that actually have friends and they love to text too.

and LE can look at phone records and see where the text originated from anyway.

I don't hear many young folk actually make calls anymore all they seem to do is text. i don't understand it. It's so much less work to say what you have to say instead of wear your fingers out one letter at a time. I truly don't get the fascination.

What horses?

Mickey's horses who probably know she's not been taking care of them and they miss her. I just posted on the last page a little history of Mickey's long history with horses - she's an expert jumper, her and her horse.

I think everytime we quote something we need to provide the link. It doesn't matter that the links are already provided. So i'll be quiet LOL

I'm going to sign off in a few but I keep getting the feeling (for whatever that's worth - nada!) that whatever happened to Mickey is due to something personal.

That said, I'm often wrong but until it's proven otherwise, it's what I suspect. The only thing is, if that white truck is involved, you'd think someone would know who it belongs to - like the stable peeps would recognize it as one of theirs, or a friend would know so-and-so has access to a truck like that one. On the other hand, the truck may not be involved and Mickey could have gone willingly with someone that's not even on our radar.

Oh ok. Thanks for the link. I had not seen that article. Glad to know he is a PI of 40 yrs and has experience. This should be an asset.

I don't hear many young folk actually make calls anymore all they seem to do is text. i don't understand it. It's so much less work to say what you have to say instead of wear your fingers out one letter at a time. I truly don't get the fascination.

Oh, there are so many advantages to texting...you can complete tasks during a conversation (instead of trying not to drop you phone in food, toilet, pool, etc.), be in a boring meeting, watch a movie, have multiple convo's w/out having to hang up & call back, think about how you want to say something w/out the awkward silence, pass info on bfr you forget even if the person can't answer or if its inappropriate to be on the phone, and of course, there is no akward time to hang up issues;)

Oh yeah, its so much easier having a conversation without everyone else around ( especially your kids) putting their 2¢ in;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf