LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horses cut their noses on fences (barbed wire) pretty often. Not a terribly alarming injury.

I'm having a visceral reaction to the news about the horse. I'm not sure why but when I read it, I felt as if I had been stabbed.

Do people really want to get to the truth of what happened to Mickey? Or would you rather stay on a one track path of abduction or accident or she's in the witness protection program or sold as a sex slave or she got tired of her great life so she ran away or she's sitting in someone's basement or whatever unlikely excuse someone can thing of - she's stuck in the underneath of a car.

This is so frustrating. We know someone at the stables was on the outs with her. Doesn't that warrant at least a nod?

By the way, why is everything an accident? The way the friend stated the remark, it sounded, well, left unsaid - like on purpose.

I did not say it was an accident, just that it could have been. I don't think rumors should start saying that someone purposely injured her horse when we don't know what happened. Any number of ways a horse could injure his ear, IMO, on a fence, etc...JMO

Not sure how we can find out-maybe someone who knows Charlie can send her a message on her FB page...I think the PI knows her? Or is it Chicken? I would like to know as well. No one is any more upset by abuse to animals than I am, trust me.

We need a horse person...could this even happen by accident..sounds like a big injury IMO If it is a crime--it goes along w/ BW's stolen bike!

I grew up with horses, and yes, they can scrape their faces on barbed wire fences, by going under low branches, etc. I never thought her horse was injured by someone when I first read about it several weeks ago. Accidents do happen and we don't always know the cause (my dad was a veterinarian).

Horses cut their noses on fences (barbed wire) pretty often. Not a terribly alarming injury.

I'm sure they do, really?
It's the way Ashley's comment sounds in print anyway.
Why not say, her horse hurt himself on a fence or her horse had an injury.

Anyway, I'd like to know how the horse got it's nostil sliced open.

We're investigating a crime. It's not something I can brush over. Mickey loves her animals so, if someone hurts one of them, they are hurting her.
It happens a lot that a horse can injur itself on fence.....being in heat causes them to be a little high strung and males compete sometimes ....they even bite one another and play a sort.of chasing type game. It happens a lot.

They did not say HOW but it could have been something completely accidental.

Again I say it comes back to the stables! An injured horse would get her to show up..possibly ALONE!
NOt saying she rode her bike there!!!! Too coincidental! IMO!

Lord, I am convinced horses are suicidal sometimes. I own horses and they get cuts and slices pretty frequently even when we have completely revamped our entire barn and fence system to avoid it. The nostril in particular is very delicate and could easily be torn or sliced by something as little as a nail poking out from a board a wee bit or the wedge of a board.
It isn't a huge injury and it is one that can pretty easily happen by accident. HOWEVER, I would have to see the actual injury-to me, it would be clear if it was done maliciously with a knife versus a fence injury (maybe?).

Who is she on the outs with at the stable? I missed that part somewhere in the past 25 or so threads.

Finding out Mickey liked horses makes me feel closer to her somehow. Horse people feel like family.

I'm having a visceral reaction to the news about the horse. I'm not sure why but when I read it, I felt as if I had been stabbed.

Do people really want to get to the truth of what happened to Mickey? Or would you rather stay on a one track path of abduction or accident or she's in the witness protection program or sold as a sex slave or she got tired of her great life so she ran away or she's sitting in someone's basement or whatever unlikely excuse someone can thing of - she's stuck in the underneath of a car.

This is so frustrating. We know someone at the stables was on the outs with her. Doesn't that warrant at least a nod?

i must of missed that thread...being there are so many. Why were the stables on the outs with her?

What makes you say someone at the stables was on the outs with her?

We need a horse person...could this even happen by accident..sounds like a big injury IMO If it is a crime--it goes along w/ BW's stolen bike!

That's exactly what came to my mind after I digested that someone MAY have hurt Mickey's horse.

I'll calm down because I know Ashley was interviewed by LE and I'm sure she mentioned that to LE because she mentioned it to reporters. She is Mickey's best friend so I'm sure Mickey told her what happened. It was either that Just Jerry ran into a fence and cut his nostril or he has a sliced nostril and she didn't know how he got it. It would be that important to Mickey that she would have told her best friend especially if she thought someone intentionally did that to her horse.

OMG. Stopped by to check on Mickey, and I cannot believe y'all are now on Thread #26.

Where is Mickey? :(

Sure it happens! How many owners disappear at the same time?
COULD be nothing....
I also bicycled at 2:00 am in my twenties in my hometown, a small California town known for its bicycles for decades. And nothing ever happened to anyone. Nothing is safe nowadays.

That's a fantastic article. I'd opened it when it was posted here and today when I went to cull the browser tabs there it was and I read the whole thing. Very interesting.

I'd like to know where they are today.

It happens a lot that a horse can injur itself on fence.....being in heat causes them to be a little high strung and males compete sometimes ....they even bite one another and play a sort.of chasing type game. It happens a lot.

Okay you would know because it sounds as if you know. But did you read how Ashely said it - or at least how they printed her comment?

I'd just like to know how it happened. It seemed important enough to Ashley to mention it. Why would that be in her mind unless Mickey had talked about it (versus simply mentioning it).

I also bicycled at 2:00 am in my twenties in my hometown, a small California town known for its bicycles for decades. And nothing ever happened to anyone. Nothing is safe nowadays.

The stables were quite a distance away IRRC. Since DWTIQ has possibly been ruled out and she never made it home... where DID she go?
Too many ODD things occured in the weeks prior to her disappearance IMO. THIS person/people KNEW her! It was personal... not just some random creep!
That is my opnion only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member