LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a visceral reaction to the news about the horse. I'm not sure why but when I read it, I felt as if I had been stabbed.

Do people really want to get to the truth of what happened to Mickey? Or would you rather stay on a one track path of abduction or accident or she's in the witness protection program or sold as a sex slave or she got tired of her great life so she ran away or she's sitting in someone's basement or whatever unlikely excuse someone can thing of - she's stuck in the underneath of a car.

This is so frustrating. We know someone at the stables was on the outs with her. Doesn't that warrant at least a nod?

I do remember the story about her horse and it also crossed my mind about the possibility of it being deliberate. However, Mickey's friends and family haven't said anything to indicate that there was suspicion of it being a criminal act. It would kind of seem that they would if that were the case. I know I would!

What are you talking about with "We know someone at the stables was on the outs with her"? I don't know that and I've never heard that.

When and where and to whom?

Yes, is there a link to this? I don't recall this, it seems as though we would have been talking about it, that is once we stopped talking about the truck...seriously, not making a joke here, this would be vital info to have. JMO

I did not say it was an accident, just that it could have been. I don't think rumors should start saying that someone purposely injured her horse when we don't know what happened. Any number of ways a horse could injure his ear, IMO, on a fence, etc...JMO

Not sure how we can find out-maybe someone who knows Charlie can send her a message on her FB page...I think the PI knows her? Or is it Chicken? I would like to know as well. No one is any more upset by abuse to animals than I am, trust me.

I don't really see why we should argue about such things. I personally don't mind hearing all sides of any situation that could be related to Mickey's disappearance. Who knows what idea might lead to the truth? As long as people are not recklessly throwing around possibly innocent people's names, I will keep an open mind.
The other poster was asking for a horse person to answer how likely this would be an accident. That is perfectly reasonable. I don't think the person was trying to start a rumor, but just trying to discover what the truth may be (like all of us here). We have all been sharing ideas and scenarios on here, if we cannot think for fear it will be called rumor, then I guess we are wasting our time.
So, where does an idea end and a rumor begin?
I don't know that even Charlie knows exactly what happened with the horse. Do stables usually have cameras? I really don't know.

This is so frustrating. We know someone at the stables was on the outs with her. Doesn't that warrant at least a nod?

I think that if someone wanted to insure that Mickey stopped at the stable at 2 a.m. that night that an injury to her horse would do it, so it is worth looking into.

Mahmoo, did you make it back from the beach? ...and how's your ankle doing?
Yes, we came back on the 2nd. Unfortunately I'm still in the brace and on crutches (and about to rip my hair out:banghead:). About all I can do is lay around and veg out so, on the bright side, it's giving me lots of time to follow cases.

Okay you would know because it sounds as if you know. But did you read how Ashely said it - or at least how they printed her comment?

I'd just like to know how it happened. It seemed important enough to Ashley to mention it. Why would that be in her mind unless Mickey had talked about it (versus simply mentioning it).

Simple.....comment was written or worded by someone being over dramatic who probably hasn't seen a real life horse to make a big deal of that.

Like really, if someone was going to hurt a horse or try to hurt mickey by hurting a horse or make some statement or aend a message .....don't you think they'd do a little something more than scrape or cut the horse's nostril?

I'm having a visceral reaction to the news about the horse. I'm not sure why but when I read it, I felt as if I had been stabbed.

Do people really want to get to the truth of what happened to Mickey? Or would you rather stay on a one track path of abduction or accident or she's in the witness protection program or sold as a sex slave or she got tired of her great life so she ran away or she's sitting in someone's basement or whatever unlikely excuse someone can thing of - she's stuck in the underneath of a car.

To most of us, yes. However, you have to think the LE questioned her co-workers early on, right? One would hope...

The stables were quite a distance away IRRC. Since DWTIQ has possibly been ruled out and she never made it home... where DID she go?
Too many ODD things occured in the weeks prior to her disappearance IMO. THIS person/people KNEW her! It was personal... not just some random creep!
That is my opnion only!

What many odd things happened in the weeks prior to her disappearance?

When and where and to whom?

I'm sorry I can't get into details because of the MSN rule. But I put it together myself just through sleuthing. If you haven't heard all of BW's interviews, you may not be able to. I really can't name names as it would sound like an accusation. We have discussed Mickey's history and job at the stables in previous threads. Thread 13 I think.

Simple.....comment was written or worded by someone being over dramatic who probably hasn't seen a real life horse to make a big deal of that.

Like really, if someone was going to hurt a horse or try to hurt mickey by hurting a horse or make some statement or aend a message .....don't you think they'd do a little something more than scrape or cut the horse's nostril?
YES! but burning the stables down and all the horses inside would bring more than just Mickey! KWIM?

Okay you would know because it sounds as if you know. But did you read how Ashely said it - or at least how they printed her comment?

I'd just like to know how it happened. It seemed important enough to Ashley to mention it. Why would that be in her mind unless Mickey had talked about it (versus simply mentioning it).

I think that if someone wanted to insure that Mickey stopped at the stable at 2 a.m. that night that an injury to her horse would do it, so it is worth looking into.[/QUOTE]
If Mickey was going to the stable aaaaaall the way in Duson.......she'd go in her car. She was not attempting to ride her bike to the stables in duson.

I did not say we should dismiss the possibility of the horse being hurt intentionally...I said we should try to find out, if possible, before carrying on as though we know it was intentional. Perhaps Chicken can find out, as I believe he said he knows Charlie. JMO

Has anybody noticed this detail before?

"Earlier in the week one of the two horses was injured. It's nostril was sliced open. She would have wanted to check on it this weekend," Says told NBC33 News on Sunday . . .

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-n...ckey-shunick-as-friends-family-remain-hopeful

What? Ashley S., Mickey's good friend, says that the horses nostril was sliced open. She doesn't say how. What the heck?

No. The horse's nostril 'was sliced open'.

What many odd things happened in the weeks prior to her disappearance?

Starting wih BW bike stolen 2 weeks prior...
The impending move
Her trying to sell a horse
An injured horse
Her getting really drunk the night before YET
Nursing the hang over all day
Her feeling sick in the day/hours before she disappeared
The brother graduating
Her birthday coming up

TO me all of this does not add up to nothing!

If it does just ignore me then!

YES! but burnig the stables down and all the horses inside would bring more than just Mickey! KWIM?

If they could abduct Mickey.......they could steal the horse shoot the horse poison the horse inject the horse with enough tranquilizer to kill the horse. Break the horses legs with a baseball bat.....cut the fencing and let the horses out....stab the horse.....cut its ear off and send it to her in the mail. ......poke its eye out.....not scratch its nostril.

SCRATCHING OR SCRAPING TGE HORSE'S NOSTRIL WOULD NOT BRING MICKEY THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

I'm sorry I can't get into details because of the MSN rule. But I put it together myself just through sleuthing. If you haven't heard all of BW's interviews, you may not be able to. I really can't name names as it would sound like an accusation. We have discussed Mickey's history and job at the stables in previous threads. Thread 13 I think.

Okay, you're saying that you can't tell us the info on Mickey having problems at the stables because it was in an interview with Brettly? Any public statements that Brettly made are part of this case, so out with it!

No one is saying that Mickey was going to the stable before going home early Saturday morning. Don't twist the point please.
The question is, did someone intentionally hurt Mickey's horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx