LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're cruising along at warp speed in the middle of one of these (cough-cough) lengthy Mickey threads and you suddenly want to find the "gun shots from the grassy knoll?" post by wodalo again (a.k.a. the "object underneath white truck"?), just remember it's also always available here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]

@ post #18. Separate thread, easier to find.

The more I'm reading...

The more I'm considering this was a girl that has a boyfriend that Mickey was guyfriends with.

And was seriously miffed/jealous.

If we're cruising along at warp speed in the middle of one of these (cough-cough) lengthy Mickey threads and you suddenly want to find the "gun shots from the grassy knoll?" post by wodalo again (a.k.a. the "object underneath white truck"?), just remember it's also always available here:

LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *

This absolutely should not be posted in a thread that's established specifically to display facts and avoid conjecture.

Fresh from the LPD public information officer. Mickey is not underneath any kind of vehicle in any picture or video. She was not observed being run over.

Now it's all a matter if you believe them or not

I was beginning to wonder if all those physics classes I mastered were all for naught. ;]

In all seriousness, though...thanks for your effort.

This absolutely should not be posted in a thread that's established specifically to display facts and avoid conjecture.
Well, when you find a thread like this, I won't post it there.

"Avoid conjecture"? Discussion threads thrive on the stuff.

LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *

Why is it there? Those photos are not a part of the timeline and aren't a media link!

Why in the world would that be posted in that thread?

Nope. He's not going to share that info with another P.I. It's not good for business if other P.I's make breakthroughs in his case.
Wow. What kind of a-hole would give what's good for business higher priority than finding a missing person......you're not even getting paid for your help and I wish you all the luck in the world and pray you think of something he doesn't so that you make the break in the case and make him look like a moron. :)

I think you should at least ask him because you can't read his mind. He may share his description and be happy to have help. He knows damned well he better produce some result. They not gonna pay him forever for producing no results. He may be happy to have the help. It doesn't hurt to ask.

It does save time, but I hope every newbie to the case that comes by doesn't take that as absolute fact especially with the captions stating this is her bike under the truck.

Wow. What kind of a-hole would give what's good for business higher priority than finding a missing person......you're not even getting paid for your help and I wish you all the luck in the world and pray you think of something he doesn't so that you make the break in the case and make him look like a moron. :)

I think you should at least ask him because you can't read his mind. He may share his description and be happy to have help. He knows damned well he better produce some result. They not gonna pay him forever for producing no results. He may be happy to have the help. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I did ask him.

My thoughts on this case still remain fairly boring. I think someone took her off the streets not long after we last saw her-so, either
1. Accident cover up
2. Abduction not planned specifically for Mickey but an opportunity grab
3. Someone she knew (acquaintance) offered her a ride and then did something to her.

This is one case where I am leaning toward 2. It just seems like all the facts that we know point in that direction and if I try to make other theories fit I have to come up with too many disclaimers or secondary steps to make it fit.

I am also still praying hard that LE will surprise us like they did with Sierra Lamar and they nearly have this figured out.

Something keeps sticking in my mind about a post in a thread long ago. Can't remember the name of the person (had a bunch of random letters as his name) and they no longer post on here. But they made several references to "clues" and said "writing is on the wall". May be just a person trying to stir things up but still can't get that out of my head and have been trying to figure out if it really meant anything...

I have owned horses all my life, both at my own farm and at others. In fact, I have a small partnership with two other horsemen, and we take racehorses from the tracks in Louisiana and retrain them as show horses. IF Mickey's horse had an issue, the barn owner/manager would probably first call the vet, not Mickey. And if she felt Mickey needed to know and had called her to come to the barn, she would have told LE this. I don't feel the horse has anything to do with what happened.
I will be in the area this weekend and plan on doing what I can to help while I am there.

I have a question for anyone in the mental health industry. How often is it the case when someone suffers a tragedy (similar to this) with a violent and traumatic ending, and they are obviously "a little off" mentally, that they then become drawn (sexually or otherwise) to things reminiscent of said tragedy?

So what this really boils down to is that Brettly never said anyone was on the outs with Mickey at the stables?

If that is true, you might want to delete your post that says BW said so.

Listen to BW interview-letting you know ahead of time that the sound quality is atrocious. There was a problem mentioned with one person.
I am not implying that this person had an iota of responsibility for Mickey's disappearance.

I have a question for anyone in the mental health industry. How often is it the case when someone suffers a tragedy (similar to this) with a violent and traumatic ending, and they are obviously "a little off" mentally, that they then become drawn (sexually or otherwise) to things reminiscent of said tragedy?

Are you asking about someone connected to the victim?

Can they become effed up enough to be drawn to the same behavior or activity that brought about their personal tragedy?

So many things to consider there before I could take a guess at the answer. I think a necessary piece of that scenario would be ...when did the traumatizing event occur, at what stage of their development (from a psycho-sexual perspective)? At what stage of individuating their own identity and sexuality did this occur?

Much less likely in an adult.

Bolded and Enlarged by me!
Wow Cajun! Who bagged it, the search party or LE? And, where did LE retrieve it from, from inside the search party boat or from the water? And, if there was no cover on it, how did they know it was mace?
Also, what kind of paperwork is required and who forced them to leave?
And, those are just my initial questions...lol...TIA!!

1. The search party used a paddle to push it onshore so it didn't continue downstream. They flagged it and called LE(procedure required by organizers)

2. LE retrieved it from the bank

3.i didn't ask how she knew. I've never owned mace, so idk if the can has words on it, then it slides into the cover?

4.the organizers called their search team back because the group leader wasn't doing as required.( searching the specific area you are assigned, taking proper care of all members in your group. And writing all details of your search)

If you don't follow directions they don't let you search. They have this organized the way they do for a reason. If people go on what they want to do it could end up in wasted man power and assets.

Not in mental health industry, but I've seen it..and well..statistics.

It's not often. It's usually by someone with a prior diagnosed mental condition, but there have been cases where it's a family member that becomes obsessed to the point of stalker-like when a case even has one minor detail in common with the tragedy.

It's almost the same mentality as these stalkers who think they have relationships with celebrities they've never met.

Not always the case, look at John Walsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw