LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the horse theory, couldn't someone ask the stable owner/operator how the horse was injured?

I understand not going to Charlie about this. I wouldn't bother her either, but surely someone at the stable would know if a horse had been accidentally or intentionally injured.

By the way, thanks to everyone who explained how easily horses can injure their faces. I know nothing about horses, but your explanations make sense.

What this thread needs to perk us up and make us happier is some classic zydeco.

'Ask & you shall receive' -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHlHt7Djcg0"]Buckwheat Zydeco at the 2007 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival - YouTube[/ame]

Buckwheat Zydeco at the 2007 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

ACI is this POI someone who knew MS or do you think it was a crime of convenience?

Did not know MS and was not a crime of convenience either. It wouldve been forethought and she happened to be the one they came upon.

My other plausibe suspect did know MS. But Im leaning more towards the first based on my observations

And my third and final suspect didnt know MS (that Im aware of) but was in the area that night and has a criminal history that makes me suspect them.

Well....one more can't hurt!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzYCtiF9cR0&feature=related"]TuLe Ton Son Ton ~ Clifton Chenier.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Did not know MS and was not a crime of convenience either. It wouldve been forethought and she happened to be the one they came upon.

My other plausibe suspect did know MS. But Im leaning more towards the first based on my observations

And my third and final suspect didnt know MS (that Im aware of) but was in the area that night and has a criminal history that makes me suspect them.

'They'?

So someone had been thinking about abducting someone and had it all planned out, just waiting for the moment when a victim met their qualifications....and that night Mickey just happened to be there at the wrong time?
I think you are right and I am guessing most victims are taken like that.

So do you think Mickey is this person's first victim or do you think there has been earlier victims? If there were earlier victims, maybe LE can look at unsolved missing/murdered in the area and come up with clues...geez, like a needle in a haystack it would take forever.

So is it safe to say that you believe that Mickey is no longer with us? Or is there no evidence either way?

So someone had been thinking about abducting someone and had it all planned out, just waiting for the moment when a victim met their qualifications....and that night Mickey just happened to be there at the wrong time?
I think you are right and I am guessing most victims are taken like that.

So do you think Mickey is this person's first victim or do you think there has been earlier victims? If there were earlier victims, maybe LE can look at unsolved missing/murdered in the area and come up with clues...geez, like a needle in a haystack it would take forever.

Correct. And this would be their first

Correct. And this would be their first

But probably not their first crime of any type, right? This person likely has some type of criminal record. Or do you disagree?

Who called LE last evening and asked if MS was under the white truck? I admit, I missed that and I really thought I read everything. Can someone lead me to the post please?

But probably not their first crime of any type, right? This person likely has some type of criminal record. Or do you disagree?

Definitely, would be amazed if person(s) did not. Have seen some cases where prior crimes are pleaded out or down and don't stand out, though...
Would also think this was a crime of opportunity - like the case in Hawaii I went on about in earlier thread where a beautiful young woman riding her bike was struck by thugs who were riding around...

ETA Dana Ireland, 23 is the woman I was referring to:
http://karisable.com/crdanai.htm

So is it safe to say that you believe that Mickey is no longer with us? Or is there no evidence either way?

There's no evidence either way so I dont like to think of either scenario in the event it may skew my judgement and how I proceed. I try to just go where the leads take me.

Im thinking it might have been those punks that were punching and robbing the night after mickey went missing. After looking at those pics of WB ...that bridge has a bunch of drawings that punks might hang there.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I have previously posted a few enhanced photos on this thread. Tonight, I am reviewing a lot of previous posts and realize that even though my images contain glaring disclaimers about my modifications, and even though the texts of my accompanying messages contain strong disclaimers, there still is some confusion about what is real (the original surveillance pics) and what is opinion or even fantasy (my enhancements).

I have been enhancing digital pics for ten years, for valid reasons involving scientific report-writing. Not uncommonly, with a scientific report, the original image has problems with lighting, color representation, sharpness, contrast, etc. Correcting such problems IS a valid procedure, if the enhancer is not particularly biased. By the way, my good friends, I do not use Photoshop AND the ONLY time I use a paintbrush or color tone alteration is when the original colors are corrupted by low-lighting or problematic lighting contrasts in overlapping high and low sunlight OR darkness with artificial light sources. On Websleuths, for the most part, I sharpen individual pixels, or fiddle with the contrast of individual pixels.

Would it work better if I put my disclaimers of "altered" or "fantasy image" as a diagonal text rather than a horizontal text? I am not pulling your chain here; I am looking for suggestions as how to not confuse any reader of this thread in the future.

With feedback, I might get motivated enough to post my very recent efforts at enhancement of the Circle-K pics.

I think the fact that it is a fantasy enhancement may get lost in the quoting of quotes. Maybe if you ask for anyone who quotes the pic or a quote about the pic to put a RE: at the top?

I would love to see more! I thought the first ones were awesome!!

Who called LE last evening and asked if MS was under the white truck? I admit, I missed that and I really thought I read everything. Can someone lead me to the post please?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8038230&postcount=270"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26[/ame]

Here ya go!

As to the FBI, if my understanding of jurisdiction is correct, they can only "take over" if there is evidence of a federal crime (kidnapping crossing state lines, for example), or if they are asked to do so by the civil authority having jurisdiction, in this case, LPD. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fresh from the LPD public information officer. Mickey is not underneath any kind of vehicle in any picture or video. She was not observed being run over.

Now it's all a matter if you believe them or not

#270, this thread.

As to the FBI, if my understanding of jurisdiction is correct, they can only "take over" if there is evidence of a federal crime (kidnapping crossing state lines, for example), or if they are asked to do so by the civil authority having jurisdiction, in this case, LPD. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Could the FBI have come in to oversee the case because of the lawsuit against Craft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member