LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The perp (in white truck or not) could have been tailing her -- waiting to see when the stuff kicked in hard, then made his move.

agree. whoever did it may very well have been following her. if she was even a little intoxicated it would have been easy and she might not have noticed the person.

I have always wondered if she was drugged. makes sense.

LA

It's possible but if it happened at Artmosphere, IMO it would have (probably) "hit her" sometime while she was still with BW! Especially since she would have ingested it on an empty stomach!

It depends on what she might have been given though.

...where's that brick wall icon?

If this is about the truck, I am not saying that it hit her because none of the images that I've seen are clear enough to make that supposition. It also brings up too many questions about timing, etc. I am asking if anyone sees the brown item near the passenger side front wheel well.

I see that but no idea what it is. Definitely something though. If you look back at the daytime pic of the street...there are no reflectors in this lane. The light to me looks like an object on the ground that has some type of loop or clasp on one end.

Of course, I know ACI used Luminol on this area....but....if LE already investigated this area and used Luminol themselves prior, it would have a negative result for ACI. Luminol only reacts with blood once and the effect is gone forever. (ex is a county prosecutor and he talks about this a lot)

Thank-you.

If this is about the truck, I am not saying that it hit her because none of the images that I've seen are clear enough to make that supposition. It also brings up too many questions about timing, etc. I am asking if anyone sees the brown item near the passenger side front wheel well.

Thank-you.

Nope, jujube, it was more an expression of my own frustration at the lack of ANY new direction in which to go. Not with you at all.

In fact, I'm with you on the truck. There's something there that's not right.

Thank-you.

I agree....I'm not saying that it hit her either. Just wish I knew what that is.

There's virtually no known info.

-she was there
-she was gone

That's it.

Start with David Copperfield, maybe.
At least, that's all they're tellin. We're just all (WS people):
- going in circles
- grasping at straws
- on a roller-coaster every time there's a rumor
- got nada to go on
¿¿¿???

Don't think it's that unusual as that is the MidSouth Bank bldg which also houses other businesses, law offices, FBI, Public Defender's, etc. Vehicles are always parked in and near that parking lot as well as the one across the street behind the Federal Courthouse. (customers, bank repos, federal cars, vistors, business travel, etc)

Considering its approx 2am and no business in that building is open at that time AND even if they were why not park in the completely empty parking lot??? Very rarely do you ever see any car parked there at that time of the night. ( almost never) jmo

Lafayette - its day 24 in the search for 22 year old Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick. Volunteer and officials are still searching for any clues to her disappearance. The missing Mickey headquarters has moved out of Blackham Coliseum and set up a new location in the south college shopping center near the bowling alley. A major change is eliminating the search parties and instead concentrating more on getting flyers out and working social media to generate awareness.

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-news/parish-by-parish-june-12-2012

Ok and another question for my locals:
Has anyone heard if this camera was viewed? Chickenfried? I know you were on a camera hunt a couple days ago. Any word on this one?
1339507402.jpg

I checked that one a while back. LE did as well. The camera just barely cant see the street. They are currently installing new cameras that can

Nope, jujube, it was more an expression of my own frustration at the lack of ANY new direction in which to go. Not with you at all.

In fact, I'm with you on the truck. There's something there that's not right.

Thank-you, I'm wondering of it's that something more than the fact that the truck is at that spot that makes it of interest to LE.

I agree....I'm not saying that it hit her either. Just wish I knew what that is.

Truer words.....

Considering its approx 2am and no business in that building is open at that time AND even if they were why not park in the completely empty parking lot??? Very rarely do you ever see any car parked there at that time of the night. ( almost never) jmo

I park in that area all the time. Parking is crap on weekend nights. I will often park on the side of the street in random places and get a ride or walk and often pick it up the next day if need be. The cops have obviously seen the vehicle there. I can imagine theyve cleared it. But its really not that odd for random vehicles to be parked on the side of the street

I wonder why Mickey's family does not mention trying to locate the white truck when they post updates...is it no longer an issue, has it been found, ruled out, what?

With all the Criminoligists & Pyschologists, etc., on this site, would it be possible to prepare a preliminary psychological profile of the person that abducted Mickey Scunick, with the known info?

I'm not a criminologist or a psychologist, but don't trained profilers use victimology when they are forming a perp profile? It's just one piece of the puzzle, but we do have some of this information.

Victimology is important in the overall investigative process because it not only tells us who the victims were, their health and personal history, social habits and personality, but also provides ideas as to why they were chosen as victims. In many situations, the offender will hold back from choosing a victim until one that meets his needs comes along, possibly allowing him to fulfill some fantasy or desire he has. Because of this, the way the victim is chosen is important and gives an insight into how the offender thinks, which subsequently affects how the perpetrator acts. If we are able to determine how the offender is acting now, we may be better able to determine his future behavior, possibly leading to a successful arrest.

Closely related to victimology are the concepts of method of approach, method of attack and risk assessment. If we know details of the victims' personalities (i.e. they may be naturally cautious), then we may be able to determine, in conjunction with an analysis of the crime scene, how they were initially approached by the offender. The same will apply for the way they were attacked and overpowered. If this information is not distinguishable through the crime scene, then an analysis of the victims' overall risk, that is, the chances of them becoming a victim, may be of some help. If we examine this along with the risks the offender was willing to take to acquire a certain victim, then we will have an overall picture of who the victim was and what drove the offender to choose this particular person as a victim.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/profiling/victimology/1.html

I can't say that I have ever seen a vehicle parked there on the street at 2 am. Just didn't seem that unusual to me as I work in the building and know vehicles are left in the parking lot anyway overnight. JMO

I see something I had never noticed. You can only see it in the pic of interest above (of the truck) with something under it. Pan over to the white pole. There is a white and red/purple object that appears to be flying through the air between the pole and the tree. It is not in the other pics. It is clearly on this side of the tree... Almost looks like it is leaking a substance as it flies. Am I crazy? Maybe a bag of paint?

I can't say that I have ever seen a vehicle parked there on the street at 2 am. Just didn't seem that unusual to me as I work in the building and know vehicles are left in the parking lot anyway overnight. JMO

I've left my car parked in that exact spot before. Might not be often, but people do park there when the parking situation is bad downtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne