LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Mickey's family does not mention trying to locate the white truck when they post updates...is it no longer an issue, has it been found, ruled out, what?

Did we ever clear up whether it was ruled out or not? I am assuming no :banghead:

I can't say that I have ever seen a vehicle parked there on the street at 2 am. Just didn't seem that unusual to me as I work in the building and know vehicles are left in the parking lot anyway overnight. JMO

Agree, just caught my attention when I saw this pic that I believe chickenfried posted.
1339559809.jpg

Did we ever clear up whether it was ruled out or not? I am assuming no :banghead:

I think no one is overly concerned with it because they have reason to believe its simply only a possible witness. But also, they may know its a needle in a haystack so theres not a whole lot that can be done at that point. Hope someone comes forward. Either way, not a whole lot of reason to obsess over it in either scenario.

I think no one is overly concerned with it because they have reason to believe its simply only a possible witness. But also, they may know its a needle in a haystack so theres not a whole lot that can be done at that point. Hope someone comes forward. Either way, not a whole lot of reason to obsess over it in either scenario.

I honestly don't think it is related, but would love LE to say so just so we can put it behind us. I guess I don't feel like we can yet because there is still a chance and it is still one of the most concrete things we have in this case.

What a creepy, depressing, torturous bike route that was when I re-enacted it via googlemaps.

I would not do that awful ride during the daytime let alone at 2am with just mace and a clown light.

That being said, she must have felt a tad threatened to feel the need to have the above items.

Not trying to blame the victim (been there) but seriously someone needed to get her into a more realistic mode of thinking beyond "naivete" and invincibility common at that age. :banghead:

What a creepy, depressing, torturous bike route that was when I re-enacted it via googlemaps.

I would not do that awful ride during the daytime let alone at 2am with just mace and a clown light.

That being said, she must have felt a tad threatened to feel the need to have the above items.

Not trying to blame the victim (been there) but seriously someone needed to get her into a more realistic mode of thinking beyond "naivete" and invincibility common at that age. :banghead:
BBM
Whats a clown light?

Eccentrics unite. I live in Suburbia USA and I don't turn into my driveway if there's someone behind me either. Well, unless it is one of my neighbors...then I'm okay with it. :)

All of this creepy talk makes me want to carry an assault rifle and, ironically, to getaway with that I'd have to move to somewhere really dangerous, lol.

Best self defense tip for women: Become a wild animal. Viciously beat, maim and tear apart your attackers face and genitals much like monkeys do. VICIOUSLY. That's a pretty good defense in any situation. Embrace the animal in you ;)
:bigfight:

Embrace the S&W on you!

:woohoo:

One was in the area that night. Has a criminal history of drug use, assault and rape. Name was mentioned while canvassing the area.

The other I cant really talk about withought identifying them.

But I am working diligently on all three until some new info, evidence or leads comes forth

I sure hope your leads turn up something. My fear is that whoever abducted Mickey is someone who resides out of town and knows those backwoods and bayous very well. IOW, some redneck good ole boy hunter type.

BBM
Whats a clown light?

....just kind of meaning a glaring "here I am"....can't you see me coming from a mile away kind of light. The lights were on her bike....one large one on the front and a lot of reflectives.
In other words, it was not subtle, not stealth-like....it was an awkward announcement of where she was. Some might think it is a good thing, I don't agree at all.

capice?

That has crossed my mind... that we have a perp(s) who spends time in both Lafayette and New Orleans. It's a possibility, yes.

I hope that isn't the case (as far as the same perps abducting MS and JL) because that would mean we have no hope that Mickey is alive. The local media released the surveillance video from Temptations (JL's work) showing JL leaving with a man and a woman. The police don't know if those two people are in danger or if they are responsible for her death.
Many people (including the Shunick PI) have talked about two perps. If they find in JL's case it is these two people (not saying it is), then we have another possible common thread. And, video of the perps. Though I think most people on here would acknowledge that surveillance video doesn't always show things clearly enough to know 100% what we are seeing. JMO

Best self defense tip for women: Become a wild animal. Scream, roar, growl. Viciously beat, maim and tear apart your attackers face and genitals much like monkeys do. VICIOUSLY. That's a pretty good defense in any situation. Embrace the animal in you ;)
:bigfight:

Our police department did a show on self defense when DTL was on the loose and gave suggestions on different points of self defense. One of the recommendations was that ladies who had acrylic nails should keep them up to date and don't hesitate to take an eye out cause they are perfect for this!

I hope that isn't the case (as far as the same perps abducting MS and JL) because that would mean we have no hope that Mickey is alive. The local media released the surveillance video from Temptations (JL's work) showing JL leaving with a man and a woman. The police don't know if those two people are in danger or if they are responsible for her death.
Many people (including the Shunick PI) have talked about two perps. If they find in JL's case it is these two people (not saying it is), then we have another possible common thread. And, video of the perps. Though I think most people on here would acknowledge that surveillance video doesn't always show things clearly enough to know 100% what we are seeing. JMO

Has the video showing JL leaving with the man and woman been released? I was wondering, because the only ones I saw were the man and woman entering the bar.

EtA: 'been release'

A self defense class is well worth it. The greatest think you will learn is to be conscious of your surroundings at all times and to have a plan in your head of what you would do in a threatening circumstance. You will learn what your strongest point of defense is. They can teach you quite few tricks that you never knew existed.

Our police department did a show on self defense when DTL was on the loose and gave suggestions on different points of self defense. One of the recommendations was that ladies who had acrylic nails should keep them up to date and don't hesitate to take an eye out cause they are perfect for this!

Precisely! In a street fight, particularly a fight for survival, you have to be a vicious animal. Go for the eyes. Punch in the throat. Palm to the nose. Kick out their knee caps. And obliterate their balls.

It's also very useful to learn various grappling techniques (and they usually teach you these in self defense classes) like how to escape certain common holds. Such as being grabbed from behind, being grabbed by the hair, your wrists being grabbed etc. Learn how to escape such holds easily while maintaining balance, and then use the force and momentum to go on an offensive rampage until you can get away

Island hopper, you are very perceptive. An almost identical incident happend to me about 5 years ago. It wasn't my daughter, but could have been. My career was as a first responder and I had experienced many tragedies with multiple fatalities, but none that affected me like this innocent abduction victim.
I began a very dark journey backtracking & researching the predator/abductor, which turned out to be a prolific serial killer, active for 4 decades, in multiple states, with multiple victim profiles.

This poi scenario resulting in diagnosis, suspicion, etc., is deja vu..
The psychopathic predator responsible for Mickey Schunick's abduction will not be obvious, but stealth, as is a chameleon, imo.

Foxfire, I love your posts and especially your hammering on the Misinformation & Silence. This is really pissing me off that LPD is COMPLETELY ignoring their responsibility to the public and thereby Mickey. I detest government and this is just another example of why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc