LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know; I live in NM and the FBI seems to join all major cases from the start...just because there is a field office nearby. It doesn't seem to mean anything in particular.

lol

Like hooptie, I'll have to add that to my vocabulary. Oh, and there was some other expression about a donkey. Can't remember that.

LOL! I read that one too, I'd never heard it. I think it was something along the lines of 'my phone was acting the donkey'.

And hooptie ....had never heard that, ever. Used it with my son, he couldn't believe what he'd heard. LOL

So, is now a good time to mention I don't think she or her bike are under the truck because the blur shot LE mentions of a bike rider - i think is Mickey in the Hooptie pic on St. landry on the far side of the street? (above the trunk area) ..just askin ..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/mahouston69/d28a3f6a.jpg

Eta: link to pic

What you have as blond hair is, I think, the front end of a car in the apt bldg parking lot. The wheel, I'm not sure, but you'd see her whole bike and her if it were there.

LOL! I read that one too, I'd never heard it. I think it was something along the lines of 'my phone was acting the donkey'.

And hooptie ....had never heard that, ever. Used it with my son, he couldn't believe what he'd heard. LOL

Yeah, acting the donkey is right! I assume that means stubborn, won't budge, won't cooperate, etc. Gotta remember that one, lol.

Yeah, acting the donkey is right! I assume that means stubborn, won't budge, won't cooperate, etc. Gotta remember that one, lol.

Since 'acting the *advertiser censored**' is a common phrase here-abouts that's what I thought she meant. :)

They both fit.

I don't know; I live in NM and the FBI seems to join all major cases from the start...just because there is a field office nearby. It doesn't seem to mean anything in particular.

I think you're right. Used to be there were clear jurisdictional guidelines with LE, but not anymore. With our becoming a police state, lines are being crossed - sometimes beneficial and sometimes WAY BAD.

Over in Jaren's thread, they're questioning whether Margaret Sanchez (suspect/POI in JL's murder) is truly Paul Sanchez's sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! I will never be able to listen to Cowboy Mouth without thinking of what happened to poor Jaren. I can't help thinking of associations like that:(

My opinions only, no facts here:

I saw some posts regarding an object or objects seen at road level by the front wheel of the 1st pic of the white truck at Circle-K. To analyze this anomaly I resized the three Circle-K pics to the same scale. Strangely, each pic is at a different scale. But I did not personally alter any of the three pics, although I did improve the pixel density in the one image I had to reduce.

As for the object or objects, I can see this in the bicycle pic AND the 1st truck pic. It is not fully certain whether the object or objects are there in the 2nd truck pic, but in my opinion the object(s) are still there but very subdued.

So what is this feature? It could be a couple of fast food bags. It could be a permanent fixture of the street (storm drain, etc.) that is taking on a life of its own in these blurry, distorted, poorly contrasted surveillance camera images.

By the way, when I open my images from this site they are much smaller than my versions. If I copy and paste them to a photo editor they look full-size again. Just in case you have a problem viewing them.

Attachments

• MickeyShunick_streetobjects.jpg
    MickeyShunick_streetobjects.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 102
Thank you and I didn't mean to single out the US. I really meant human society. I wish Wiki had a better chart that you look at. Like a graph style. Just scanning through those I saw this on Pedro somebody in S America:

Child-murderer and rapist, known as "The Monster of the Andes". Targeted young girls, between the ages of 8 and 12. Arrested in 1980 and convicted in 1983 of killing 110 young girls but confessed to killing 300, exact total unknown. Though he may be the most prolific serial killer of the 20th century, he was released in 1998. Current whereabouts unknown.

Dear GOD, what is the matter with any legal system that EVER lets these maniacs out of prison?!

NO JOKE! I will never be traveling to Columbia!! There were more than one on that list that were released!!! OMG.

Unbelievable.

I don't believe in rehabilitation for these types. One and done, incarceration till death.

Even IF there ever was proof they could be rehabilitated, they could be rehabilitated in jail! Period. There is absolutely NO reason I can think of that someone who has commuted these types of acts should ever be released, it should be a crime to do so.

Here are the two pics of the white truck at the Circle-K, coming in the direction of Mickey and going back the other way. First, the original images were scaled to the same size (perspective is equal). The original images were enlarged 300% and the pixel density was increased. Then the two trucks were cropped. The top image will show the trucks in their relative position as if they were passing by each other in front of the surveillance camera. In the bottom image, I have separated the two cropped truck images for your comparisons. The road sign is included in all images.

I believe that the two trucks may be the same for these reasons:

similar size
similar color
similar mag wheels
similar model

Have fun and keep on sleuthing!

Attachments

• twotrucks_cropped.jpg
    twotrucks_cropped.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 105

Here are the two pics of the white truck at the Circle-K, coming in the direction of Mickey and going back the other way. First, the original images were scaled to the same size (perspective is equal). The original images were enlarged 300% and the pixel density was increased. Then the two trucks were cropped. The top image will show the trucks in their relative position as if they were passing by each other in front of the surveillance camera. In the bottom image, I have separated the two cropped truck images for your comparisons. The road sign is included in all images.

I believe that the two trucks may be the same for these reasons:

similar size
similar color
similar mag wheels
similar model

Have fun and keep on sleuthing!
I agree! It may not be a welcome statement BUT it is what it is!....
moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island hopper
No, Circle K was the last pic of her. The original theory from LE was that she was hit by the white truck just moments after she was seen passing the Circle K. The driver then likely panicked, loaded her and the bike into the truck and then the white truck turned around and passed the Circle K again. I am a STRONG believer that LE usually has a very good idea what happened right away and their first observation is usually correct. It just takes time and evidence to prove it. I also think that is why it's the only vehicle that didn't come forward.

Of course, anything is a possibility and the people in that car should come forward as witnesses if they haven't already.

My personal thought is that she was hit pretty hard whether intentional or not. It takes a lot of force to hit a bike and bend the rim. They are very sturdy. My hopes are that whoever did this realizes that it was an accident that could happen to any driver and they bring her home. I would like to believe she is recovering in some house and will be returned once they see she is ok. Trying to believe.
I have never heard this theory from LE. Never.

I have never heard this theory from LE. Never.
Neither have I

I think the whole "Give a regular press conference, even if it's just to say you're still working on the case" idea is a good one, but I can see why LE wouldn't like it. First, on WS, as soon as the press conferences become more general, aren't given out any new information, everyone believes (and is usually right) that the case is becoming a cold case. Second, there are only so many times that you can assure the people you're still working on the case, before people get skeptical. If Portland LE had been saying, "We are still working on Kyron's case" in a weekly press conference for the past 2 years, people would have still stopped being hopeful a long time ago. Third, I'm not sure how many times the media will air/talk about LE's weekly "We are still working on the case but we have no new information we can give you" press conference before deciding that this isn't newsworthy anymore. From what I have seen from following cases, most LE just do press conferences when the case is very hot in the media because there's such a demand for information. Then, once the case gets colder, the media packs their bags, and they stop them. I think most LE would prefer for the media to not be breathing down their necks, and generally, I don't think most of them go out of their way to get a case media coverage for weeks, months, or longer.

My son brought a kitten home last night which has my dog in warfare mode so I have not slept all night. When time today, I will sit down and go back to items I have read. I am not quoting LE but I know that it was implied and I will track the source.

I am sure that LE stated that her bike had damage to the back rim only and the tire is separated from the rim. They are not 100% sure she was hit. That usually means they are close to 100% but that is just my logic. I also know they stated that they strongly believe that someone drove to the waters edge to submerge the bike in water. Not sure if it matters but the bike had a gold glittery seat. I know they found tire tracks so I assume they would have made an impression.

Has LE released the pic of her on St. John street? I read that the same white truck passed in the frame behind her on both St. John and St. Landry streets. On St. Landry Street she passed the Circle K at 1:47 and the truck passed at 1:48. One minute means it was right on her. I have these articles bookmarked and will post links if anyone is interested.

Good morning. Woke up feeling like something is going to happen today. I hope today is Mickey's day!

Louisiana is very gun friendly. With open carrying legal here, I think more women should just walk around with guns on their hip. That'll deter lots of crime

~~ACI--

I think you just like the idea of a woman packing heat, which is why I keep mine to myself. :) To be honest tho, if anyone tries to abduct me, they are going to open a big old can of red haired whip *advertiser censored*. I told my hub I'd hit them with my bike If I had to. I only wish Mickey had done the same.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member