LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited about this! Our own ACI!

Hope everyone contacts the local TV stations etc. It is very important that the other Parishes & cities are aware of Mickey's abduction to search local WMAs & National Forest, as well as private lands, abandoned homes, barns, & sheds etc. TYIA

‎'WS radio discussing Mickey Schunick tonight- please share' & join chat line.
Another PI - PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR JORDAN HAMLETT OF AVERLOCK INVESTIGATIONS has joined the search to bring her home..

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/​websleuths/2012/06/18/​websleuths-radio

IMO, the Jennings serial killer is not related to this case. With that said, the following Discovery ID video includes food for thought in other abduction and missing persons investigations, imo.

Brutal Bayou
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk67wXqDX2k&feature=youtu.be

Discovery Channel - Dark Minds series

Phelps travels to the Deep South to investigate the murder of 8 girls over 4 years. But a maverick private investigator, multiple persons of interest, and rumors of police corruption make this case murkier than a Louisiana bayou.

Phelps is a moron and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

'there ya go again'. President Ronald Reagan.

nutkin, I just posted the documentay as food for thought. PIs, rumors, community's confidence in the investigation, etc.

The main thought that I came away with was; the difficulty of identifying SKS/Predators and the empowerment given to other predators to carry out their evil fantasies when the probability of being caught and or prosecuted are slim to none..

Just wanted to share that the locals on this forum are greatly appreciated and are not the norm on missing person sleuthing forums. Community members may lurk, but seldom contribute for various reasons. This gives me confidence that Mickey Schunick's case will not fade away into the cold case files..

There are lots of different carny circuits. Some of the larger, more well organized ones, do RSO checks on their employees. But the smaller ones probably do not, or if they do, probably some slip through anyway.

Not sure if this has been answered, but...I worked for a carnival called all star amusement, back in 2000. There were no checks, no applications, no files and they paid local people cash to assist with set up and tear down. We rolled into town 2 days before the carnival started and wet up the day before.

IMO, Phelps' personality faults are not the main concern, it's those women. As big a butt as he might be, at least he brought national attention to the case.

hey there ACI, I am following from Canada..
just wondering if you think it might be possible that the perp was known to Mickey (if even for a very brief time?).. Our beautiful girl was totally taken quickly by someone she trusted because she worked in the same place (for less than two weeks)..no-one would have suspected the stalking involved until after the fact...
just wondering...?
Thanks>>>>

Hi y'all, I might not be here for ACI's interview. Does ws have an archive of their interviews or is there some other way that I can access in case I miss it?
Thank-you.

Hope everyone contacts the local TV stations etc. It is very important that the other Parishes & cities are aware of Mickey's abduction to search local WMAs & National Forest, as well as private lands, abandoned homes, barns, & sheds etc. TYIA

‎'WS radio discussing Mickey Schunick tonight- please share' & join chat line.
Another PI - PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR JORDAN HAMLETT OF AVERLOCK INVESTIGATIONS has joined the search to bring her home..

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/​websleuths/2012/06/18/​websleuths-radio
No pics up in LC. I'll pick some up in Laf tomorrow.
On another note: this website was my first ever attempt. It is somewhat disheartening to have your theories shot down, but that's just what they are- theories. The JD SK postings got out of hand, to me, because they were OT & ventured into what I have learned to my regret, deeply personal territory.
I'm old & dogmatic & a grumpy crone. Last summer we got a bid on work for our home. The contractor was the father oc one of the murdered girls. When I said 'not even..' I should have qualified it. It was not a judgement. It was just frustration, & I forgot my manners, something veteran posters do on a regular basis, guide newbies firmly, but with manners. Everyone has a right to live w/out fear. That sweet man's daughter was part of something to horrible to contemplate. What I meant to say say was: don't even compare them. If you knew any of them or their families, & the situational differences, you'd not compare them. That's all. No one is saying anyone's a saint. But lifestyles differ, & these two sets differ dramatically. The circumstances, places, people are not the same. Everyone has a right to comment within limits set down. If I have offended anyone w/ my strident tone, it wasn't my intention. We crimes have no patience.

Not sure if this has been answered, but...I worked for a carnival called all star amusement, back in 2000. There were no checks, no applications, no files and they paid local people cash to assist with set up and tear down. We rolled into town 2 days before the carnival started and wet up the day before.
---------------
I KNOW that several years ago, I read about a case where a sexual predator joined the carnival or circus circuit in order to escape detection. If someone can search that up I would be appreciative, because right now I can't.

TONIGHT on WeBsLeUtHs RADIO our guest will be our own A.C.I. !!!

Don't miss it!

The show airs at 8PM EST / 5PM PST. Click the link on my signature line to hear the show LIVE! And we have a fun chat room that opens about 30 minutes before show time!

See you there!
:seeya:

The show will start in about 40 minutes!

No pics up in LC. I'll pick some up in Laf tomorrow.
On another note: this website was my first ever attempt. It is somewhat disheartening to have your theories shot down, but that's just what they are- theories. The JD SK postings got out of hand, to me, because they were OT & ventured into what I have learned to my regret, deeply personal territory.
I'm old & dogmatic & a grumpy crone. Last summer we got a bid on work for our home. The contractor was the father oc one of the murdered girls. When I said 'not even..' I should have qualified it. It was not a judgement. It was just frustration, & I forgot my manners, something veteran posters do on a regular basis, guide newbies firmly, but with manners. Everyone has a right to live w/out fear. That sweet man's daughter was part of something to horrible to contemplate. What I meant to say say was: don't even compare them. If you knew any of them or their families, & the situational differences, you'd not compare them. That's all. No one is saying anyone's a saint. But lifestyles differ, & these two sets differ dramatically. The circumstances, places, people are not the same. Everyone has a right to comment within limits set down. If I have offended anyone w/ my strident tone, it wasn't my intention. We crimes have no patience.

Obviously, i am not from LA but i've seen it happen elsewhere and I've done a little outside research, of multiple SK life events and the background on Jennings cases and while the murders/disappearances over there might not be related, to Mickey by some common denominator like..work..or recreation, the people capable of doing such hortible things do not live in a bubble, or are limited to any boundaries. Given the right circumstances, opportunity combined with substance abuse, and deviant lifestyles, they can branch out to other nearby areas...for work, family, etc. and cross paths, unfortunately with Innocents.

Foxfire, you should also be on the radio program! I think you said that you are a retired firefighter. God bless you. And thank you.

The thing about Mr. Shunick being called out to work and leaving around 2:30am, that I personally find unbearable, is that he must replay that night over and over, 24/7. The idea that at the time he was driving through town, headed wherever, someone had Mickey. Perhaps just a few streets over, or driving away in the same direction he was headed, or God knows what was happening at that time. I can not imagine the grief they are all experiencing. I pray that they find Mickey and some peace.

The thing about Mr. Shunick being called out to work and leaving around 2:30am, that I personally find unbearable, is that he must replay that night over and over, 24/7. The idea that at the time he was driving through town, headed wherever, someone had Mickey. Perhaps just a few streets over, or driving away in the same direction he was headed, or God knows what was happening at that time. I can not imagine the grief they are all experiencing. I pray that they find Mickey and some peace.

I thought the same thing. and then his wife not telling him that afternoon and finding out late the next morning. He probably felt he could have started doing something earlier :(

Saralsim-that is partially why the earlier discussion literally made me feel sick to my stomach. I can only imagine the absolute horror and guilt he feels ON TOP OF already feeling guilty for having to go to work or likely losing his and the family's livelihood. I am hoping he gets a lot of support today in addition to the rest of the family.

6 mins til the show starts...thought there was a chat room?

eta: nm, found it.

---------------
I KNOW that several years ago, I read about a case where a sexual predator joined the carnival or circus circuit in order to escape detection. If someone can search that up I would be appreciative, because right now I can't.

Hey Concentric- I'm not sure if this is the carnival worker case that you are thinking about, but this angle is interesting to me - so I'm attaching three Charley Project files for reference. The first two attachments are for Oklahoma missing persons cases of Cinda Pallett and Charlotte Kinsey.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pallett_cinda.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kinsey_charlotte.html

Royal Russell Long was the suspected abductor/killer in this and other cases in Wyoming. He pled guilty in a South Dakota missing person case, Sharon Baldeagle. Sharon's case is also attached.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baldeagle_sharon.html .

Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted and read the forums. Life is a bit fast paced right now :woohoo:

Can someone please briefly update me with what has been recently discussed? I know the new cases of Jaren Lockhart and Brittany Nicole Wood must have peoples noodles on a roll. It's a bit uncanny that the disappearances keep heading east. I don't know if this is because they might be related, or the fact that after Mickey's disappearance has shown the power of social media and group effort, that other cases that would normally be under the radar are actually getting attention.

So. . what's up? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member