LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thx for that info. i only chose dan horowitz b/c i actually saw him posting (and corresponded with him) about pam's case, and then some others before hers.

it's my believe that dan won't remain hidden under the cloak of innocense for too much longer :)

Dan Horowitz, the attorney?? Hidden under a cloak of innocence?? :waitasec:

John Abdella was originally hired by the father of one of Mickey's students to help find Mickey. We have since retained him as our family's investigator in this case. Johnny Abdella is the only private investigator we have actually had contact with in this abduction. He follows every lead he is given.
He has a reputation as a dogged, relentless and versatile investigator - we trust him; we hope he finds something to break this case and find our daughter. He will take tips and clues from anyone, under any circumstances, and pursue these to their conclusion. I would encourage anyone with any glimmering of information to transmit that info to Johnny Abdella - he is discreet and thorough and you can rely on his good name.
His only goal is to find our daughter.
Our only goal is to find our daughter. Everything else is just lagniappe.
Numerous friends and strangers have contributed towards a reward fund, and we want to give this money to the person to brings Mickey home to us. Period. No questions, no hassle, we want to pay out this money and get our child back.
It is all about Mickey.

Mrs. Shunick, I want you to know that the last prayer I say at night is for your family and especially for Mickey, and also during the day. I know you know this, but a lot of people are moving heaven and earth to find her, and you are doing everything a family can possibly do.

We are with you.....keep the faith.

:grouphug:

Dear Ms. Nancy,

Please know how much in awe I am in for your presence here on WS and for your beloved daughter. * No words can express my heartfelt sympathy for what you're going through, but please know wholeheartedly that 90% of the discussion going on on WS, ever since the very first days after her disappearance, have been in a respectful, genuine, professional and sometimes knowledgable manner. I know a lot of forums get a bad rap, but as a cajun-bred/tell it like it is/who's your mom and them- type of girl, *I've found comfort knowing people are constantly sharing and debating ideas of the whereabouts of Mickey. Every once in a while, there's someone who might say something inappropriate, but it's usually shutdown by the other 90% of good people with an eager desire to get Mickey home to you and your family. I write this because I came here with skepticism not knowing what it was about. But then, I found it as a place to release the angst I have going about my daily life in fear ever since Mickey disappeared. *It's comforting to know you are accepting of ACI's help. And please know that all of us here who have read his responses day in and day out, know Mickey has one dynamic crew working for her! *Mr. Abdella's name, wisdom and prominence paired with ACI's youth, network and technology skills makes for a powerful duo! *Thank you again for stopping in! *May all of your prayers be answered and may us all find Mickey real soon! *Blessings, FB*

(Respectfully stated)I don't think Mickey's mom was endorsing ACI in her statement. She is accepting of anyone's assistance that could bring Mickey home and tips should go through John Abdella. May God be with their family.

http://www.nutria.com/site10.php
Program Area

Coastal Louisiana, bounded on the north by Interstate 10 from LA-TX line to Baton Rouge, Interstate 12 from Baton Rouge to Slidell, and Interstate 10 from Slidell to LA-MS line.
hmm.... very interesting! considering where the bike was found!

Is there any chance the perp could be a hunter or a trapper?that was headed out to the area at the time Mickey disappeared? I don't know the area!

http://www.recreation.gov/recAreaDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&recAreaId=1280&agencyCode=127
"Furbearers found in this great swamp are raccoon, mink, bobcat, nutria, muskrat, river otter, and beaver".
Recreational Activities:
BOATING
FISHING
HIKING
HUNTING
take Interstate 10 East to the Whiskey Bay Exit; go north on gravel road (LA Hwy 975). Turn right on Bayou Manual, Happytown, or Big Alabama Roads until you see the refuge signs.:twocents:
moo

http://www.nutria.com/site10.php
Program Area

Coastal Louisiana, bounded on the north by Interstate 10 from LA-TX line to Baton Rouge, Interstate 12 from Baton Rouge to Slidell, and Interstate 10 from Slidell to LA-MS line.
hmm.... very interesting! considering where the bike was found!

Is there any chance the perp could be a hunter or a trapper?that was headed out to the area at the time Mickey disappeared? I don't know the area!

http://www.recreation.gov/recAreaDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&recAreaId=1280&agencyCode=127
"Furbearers found in this great swamp are raccoon, mink, bobcat, nutria, muskrat, river otter, and beaver".
Recreational Activities:
BOATING
FISHING
HIKING
HUNTING
take Interstate 10 East to the Whiskey Bay Exit; go north on gravel road (LA Hwy 975). Turn right on Bayou Manual, Happytown, or Big Alabama Roads until you see the refuge signs.:twocents:
moo

There are as many or more hunters than there are white trucks.
At this point, doctor, lawyer, hunter, fisherman, store clerk, chef, oilfield worker, CEO, musician, waiter - any of these could be the perpetrator.

There are as many or more hunters than there are white trucks.
At this point, doctor, lawyer, hunter, fisherman, store clerk, chef, oilfield worker, CEO, musician, waiter - any of these could be the perpetrator.

Just wondering... For instance if it was "off season" or something... bike/Mickey taken in the dark bike had to be left in the are before dawn... perp needing to return home couldn't travel in daylight with her bike.

Water levels were down at the time. Maybe a good ruse for going "hunting"?

just thinking here...
moo

It's possible, but it seems evidence would have been left behind if it wasn't at least somewhat planned. Maybe the perp had gone over the idea in his head before, saw her, and decided to act on it.

I am not totally disagreeing with you but I don't know what evidence there would be. It appears that most bicycle injuries are closed fractures and breaks. Most of the auto damage I have seen is minor or a windshield break and these days, safety glass doesn't usually end up breaking but remains intact. It would not be like a typical abduction where someone has keys or a wallet out, where they have the opportunity to cause a scene or use mace.

It would have been a tidy crime opportunity as there is one person that has her items self contained in a back pack and a bicycle that is light enough to toss in a truck bed or trunk. If it were a truck, they could have placed the bicycle behind the rear seat to conceal it.

Oh, ok, I just saw one website,one pic.

Sorry, sweetie! I just looked at the picture, didn't read anything.

Nutria are killed around here because they are an invasive species from South America....but I think they are cute. They look like huge guinea pigs to me, except for the bright orange teeth!

I don't think the woman in the photo looks like Mickey, except for the curly hair.

true.......:seeya:

Just wondering... For instance if it was "off season" or something... bike/Mickey taken in the dark bike had to be left in the are before dawn... perp needing to return home couldn't travel in daylight with her bike.

Water levels were down at the time. Maybe a good ruse for going "hunting"?

just thinking here...
moo

It isn't hunting season.

There had been a post on Find Mickey (FB) that stated the family was using Abdella. A number of people posted comments in support of A.C.I and saying how hard he'd been working on finding Mickey and they were glad the Shuniks
also had his help. The post and all comments have now been deleted off of the FB page.

<modsnip>?

The posts haven't been deleted.

I have been praying, reading and following for weeks with such a hopeful heart for Mickeys safe return home. I have children around that age and can not fanthom what the family is going through. May the Shunick family have faith and strength in this journey of bringing Mickey home. May God bless them.

---------
** If this goes through it will be my first post. I have had numerous unsuccessful attempts.
** Also, I am unable to hear radio cast because supposedly my iPad can't. If anyone knows how to solve I would appreciate assistance. Thank you greatly.

There had been a post on Find Mickey (FB) that stated the family was using Abdella. A number of people posted comments in support of A.C.I and saying how hard he'd been working on finding Mickey and they were glad the Shuniks
also had his help. The post and all comments have now been deleted off of the FB page.

<modsnip>

The post and all of the comments (in favor of and against ACI) are still there.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Seems unfortunate that the Shunick's somehow got the wrong impression that ACI claimed to be working for them. He's always made it 100% clear that he's done this on his own. Just a misunderstanding, I suppose. I'm sure the Shunicks have a lot of information coming at them, now, and some will be inaccurate.

IMOHO..... I think it was a crime of opportunity.. I also think to keep it as neat, clean and quick as it appears to be, there was more than one person. I lean towards two men, after a night out see her and decide, okay lets do this. Its someone who has been to that spot in WB before, because no one is going to just happen upon it in the middle of the night. if you have ever been there you will understand how dark it is, and trying to find your way around there is a task at night. if this is the case, one of these guys, if not both are worried the other will talk, they will want to keep an eye on each other... however you are finding more and more women aiding men in this type of situation.... I still think it's two men. One perp acting alone would of had to hit her pretty hard to injure her enough not to run, for her to be placed in a vehicle leaving nothing on the ground...

May this blessed person found in Dallas be identified and reunited with their family ASAP.*
Make me so sick and angry when I read about these perps.
May justice prevail -- and perps get everything they dished out plus more. * I believe its only fair.

Awaiting more info about person.
Here is the story out of Dallas. The mention of horse training at that site makes me uneasy.

http://wap.myfoxdfw.com/w/main/story/64574053/

It isn't hunting season.

Thank you!
The fur and trapping industry does have it's problems. But I guess that has been debunked as well.

Here in Ga we have hunting almost year round but it varies depending on what you are hunting.

Ya can't hunt turkeys in November :waitasec: makes NO sense to me! They are in my yard they chase me sometimes when I get out of the car. I have to call inside on my cell to get my hubby to protect me! :blushing:BUT around Thanksgiving, I can't kill one. Not in my yard and not in areas designated for hunting. I have to go buy one!:banghead:

Heck, I couldn't kill one anyway... IMO the law is messed up! I (think May is turkey season) good and freezer burned by NOV. IMO

Again all GOV/LE has their reasons... I just don't understand.

Why we have not heard a peep out of them lately?
Where is Mickey???

eta: Turkey season in GA.
March 24- May 15
http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/2914
just to back that up :)

Why don't they just sue someone in federal court and subpeona the videos? Have they phoned PHI regarding donating helicopters for searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne