LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone post there was bracelet/armbands and t-shirts or something? Can't remember where from sleep deprivation but just wondered if you could buy them online or they are just for the area? Would like to help from way out here

Originally Posted by quueenie
IMOHO..... I think it was a crime of opportunity.. I also think to keep it as neat, clean and quick as it appears to be, there was more than one person. I lean towards two men, after a night out see her and decide, okay lets do this. Its someone who has been to that spot in WB before, because no one is going to just happen upon it in the middle of the night. if you have ever been there you will understand how dark it is, and trying to find your way around there is a task at night. if this is the case, one of these guys, if not both are worried the other will talk, they will want to keep an eye on each other... however you are finding more and more women aiding men in this type of situation.... I still think it's two men. One perp acting alone would of had to hit her pretty hard to injure her enough not to run, for her to be placed in a vehicle leaving nothing on the ground...===========================================

I think that is a very valid theory. I go back and forth between it being as you described, an impulsive crime of opportunity, and a stalker, or creepy acquaintance, who 'kindly' offered her a ride home.

But I do believe it was at least two perps, because they left nothing behind and were apparently quick and silent. :mad:

I keep wondering if they really did leave nothing behind. Maybe the perp went back to scour the scene the next day.

Here's the post :)

I think your best guess is a good one.
IMO if it was a crime of opportunity it was 2 men. Maybe in their 20's who will have a criminal record, I think they will have been arrested for theft and assault at some point in the past. I have a picture of a young man in my head standing in front of a white pick up with a holstered weapon thinking he is a bad *advertiser censored*.

Today my instincts are telling me it is a scenario we have not thought of yet. Crazy, I know. I can not think of anything we have not thought of! I am wondering if there is a more simple answer that has not popped into my head.

If I ignore that instinct and use my mind I think she was stalked by someone who fixated on her. Possibly someone she knew. Someone older than her by at least 5 years. If this is correct I think the perp is very smart and planned this out, even knew the best part of the route to grab her. One of the things that lead me to this theory is the bike dump. I think the location at WB is either a rouse or a taunt. Someone living locally who has committed crimes against women in the past.
I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!

Clearly I have it all figured out! haha My ideas are all over the place.

updated 2010

I've seen two Silverados on Saint Landry St on Google Maps. One in the lot where I mistook the back of a car for a person in white T (above the Olds 98), and one a few doors down in the front lot of a building that houses law offices. They seem to handle DUI/DWI cases there. The law offices are at 224 Saint Landry. White truck right out in front to the left of the sign. The lot above the Olds pic is showing up as 257 Landry, address aproximate. They both look a lot like DWTiq. I'm not sure if you can see it, but I'm hoping it shows as a 3d scrollable picture in my posts. Google maps pictures are usually a few months out of date. When I look at my own neighborhood, I see vehicles I know from my block. It's like another snapshot in time. This truck could be very extremely local prior to May 19th.

I really like these types of pics. You are only clarifying what is already there. But there will always be people that are convinced you are adding your own spin on the images.

Actually, *I* think she did a fantastic job of making the photos clear without adding a bunch of extra pixels to spin the photos!

for residents....

maybe contact your city council rep. if you feel LE is loosing interest, if you do not know your district

http://gis2.lafayettela.gov/CouncilDistrictsMap/default.aspx

and contact info. for your rep.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/Council/Index.asp

hope this helps

It can't hurt. I'm going to make a call to my councilman tomorrow morning.

Buy a bat, and get a big dog.

LA

Got a seventy pound pit bull.....he is actually a big old lap dog, but we won't tell the RSO that!

Hubby walks our doggy every evening right past the RSO home, and he said the guy is always out in the yard and "very friendly". Ugggggghhhhhh......the dude was convicted of sending sexually explicit "materials" to children online.

I saw someone post there was bracelet/armbands and t-shirts or something? Can't remember where from sleep deprivation but just wondered if you could buy them online or they are just for the area? Would like to help from way out here

I think on here you can find some, there is a place at the top that says Tshirts and more.http://www.findmickeynow.com/

I think they have a PayPal acct. set up for these.

I think Mickey was in the wrong place at the wrong time. At first I thought there'd been an accident, but now I think it was a crime of opportunity. I don't think the perp has done this before.

I also think the perp can't keep his mouth shut and will be caught.

He's been quieter than law enforcement thus far...

LA

LA

I would suggest a pitt or pitt mix. Unless they are abused by being trained to be mean they are very sweet. If I pass a scary looking guy when we are walking 9 tiimes out of 10 they say "nice dog you got" and step away.
She gives me peace of mind and she snuggles.

Got a seventy pound pit bull.....he is actually a big old lap dog, but we won't tell the RSO that!

Hubby walks our doggy every evening right past the RSO home, and he said the guy is always out in the yard and "very friendly". Ugggggghhhhhh......the dude was convicted of sending sexually explicit "materials" to children online.[/QUOTE]

~~~

Exactly, they are charming beyond belief, it's a mechanism they have perfected so that they are able to stalk their prey.

This is why I believe this might not be a stranger, someone who was working his mojo on Mickey for a while. I tend to believe he might be an offender, may or not be on record, and may have wooed her or befriended her.

The two in my two mile radius are convicted of the *advertiser censored* involving children, and sex with a child. Why do they let these guys back out in society? I just do not get it.

Something needs to be done, young girls and women should not go missing or be killed to stroke someone's ego or selfish, sick desires.

La

Just checking in. I'm behind, but can anyone say for certain whether they got anything from/off of the bike at the state lab? Fingerprints etc?? I know they aren't telling us much, but did they ever say that they did in fact get "something useful" from the bike?

I haven't been able to listen to the radio show - internet acting wacky. Maybe the bike info is covered on the radio show. Sorry if I'm way behind

I was at a Dave Matthews Concert this weekend in a town far away from Louisiana. I came upon a beautiful, blonde, curly haired girl who resemblance to Mickey was quite uncanny. I looked her in the eyes and thought, wow, what if? Then I realized there were so many girls who resembled her even in her own crowd of earth loving friends. How I wished it was her. She is always on my mind. Never stop looking...that's all. :please:

Hugs to you Ms. Shunick, my heart goes out to you.

I love me some Dave!!

Just checking in. I'm behind, but can anyone say for certain whether they got anything from/off of the bike at the state lab? Fingerprints etc?? I know they aren't telling us much, but did they ever say that they did in fact get "something useful" from the bike?

I haven't been able to listen to the radio show - internet acting wacky. Maybe the bike info is covered on the radio show. Sorry if I'm way behind

The results of the testing on the bike will never be released as long as there is an ongoing investigation.

Let's not forget those that are here illegally and not required to notify anyone of their prior offense.

LA

Yes, we know absolutely nothing about people here illegally. And, if they are okay breaking the law by being here illegally, do they truly respect other laws?

All of these cases turn into circular discussions when there is not one bit of new info coming out in weeks, in some other cases months, or longer...so frustrating. I wonder if the families are hounding LE, as I would be doing, or do they trust them to be working on the cases every day?

Mickey's case is a big deal for the size of the city...why isn't media asking more from LE?

Everyone seems to be wondering this.

Yes, I have life 360, it's an ap that tells me where all the whacko-s are that are RSO's. I have pics and info on the SO they committed. Always great to know.

OMG, there are some sick F's in this world.

LA

I would love to have the opportunity to land 1 roundhouse kick on that sick F for the scare he gave a young girl living alone for the first time. At least some good came of it. That is probably one reason I am on WS today trying to find a young girl that deserves to live a full and happy life and to have fun like we did at that age.

The results of the testing on the bike will never be released as long as there is an ongoing investigation.

Right, but would they say if they did or didn't get anything useful? I'm just wondering if the bike will give LE some clues-- not what the clues are. Well of course I'm wondering thus too, but i know they won't tell us specifics. But could or will or have they said something along the lines of "the team at lab has given us useful results"

LA

yeah, I live on the 300 block and a aggravated sex predator lives on the 500...small town, so blocks are only 5 houses (if that) long :-/ I have a bat, big dog, lots of pepper spray, a few knives =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne