LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
***Warning DWT question.***

ACI mentioned some wheels on that truck. The question is, are those wheels on the trucks standard? Is that tire special? Where do you get them? Does this make the needle in the stack of needles more specific or just add on to the headache that is the DWTIQ?

I am almost sure that it pertains to the rims, as for the tires I have no idea.
As for standard I am not sure, but I know alot people switch to different rims.
Both of my soninlaws are into carshows and feature their trucks in them sometimes, and have special rims.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=18+inch+alloy+wheels&qpvt=18+inch+alloy+wheels&FORM=HURE

***Warning DWT question.***

ACI mentioned some wheels on that truck. The question is, are those wheels on the trucks standard? Is that tire special? Where do you get them? Does this make the needle in the stack of needles more specific or just add on to the headache that is the DWTIQ?

******Warning DWT kinda answer ********* lol ( could not resist )

I believe they are not stock but part of a package/add on

This from a lady that has been doing a crash course in vehicles and still does not know anything :)

I get the 'unknown year' of said vehicle so thought maybe the 'alloy wheels' would help narrow the search. They could have been added on in a dealership package or purchased over the internet, at a tire shop...I could go on but why...that DWT!!!! Just read the z71 comes with Special Alluminum Alloy wheels. Ugh...

Doesn't LSU have a crime lab of some sort. They have something for the missing I know.

it has been a couple years since i have had to deal with any issues involving crime lab, but as of then lafayette used this little rinky dink lab

Acadiana Criminalistics Laboratory
5004 W Admiral Doyle Drive
New Iberia, LA 70560-9135

Phone:(337) 364-1501

hope that helps

As I brainstorm possible theories I keep going back to square one.
Who benefits by the disappearance of Mickey Shunick?
We can't sleuth... anybody....

As far as LE goes and being quiet. Sadly, I get it.
They won't bow to public pressure to speak about the case only to say "we have nothing".

I do know this:
If Mickey is alive, she has to convince her captor(s) that she will claim she ran away with them on purpose or just ran away or bumped her head and had amnesia.. anything to convince them, they won't be in any trouble if they let her go. Please let her go.

If Mickey is not.. I stand by my instincts and say they will probably find her in the old hospital that I do not believe has been searched with a fine tooth comb with dogs (according to the security guards) unless LE says it has. Publicly.. or Whiskey Bay, :( probably put there along with the bike and the current took her further down for whatever reason. Just my gut..

Speaking of old hospital, where is the new hospital?

Prayers for Mickey and the Shunick family. Angels to their sides. Night fellow WS, let today bring the answers we all pray for.

Just like so many other cases, I'm not sure any active searches are taking place...so not sure how Mickey can be found, unless by accident. I am pretty certain she is not going to be spotted out and about by someone who saw a flyer. Not trying to take away from the flyers, etc...there is so little a family can do...but it is frustrating to see that nothing seems to be happening anymore toward actually physically locating her. Of course, maybe the PI is getting info and I could be all wrong...

JMO

just throwing something else out there for you guys to ponder...... i wonder if anyone came to look at the horse mickey was trying to sell, and i wonder if law enforcement would have looked into everyone who may have come to "look at the horse".

I am sorry but this is ridiculous. I have been a member here for years and followed many many cases and Never has the information regarding a VOI been so confusing. I have been reading for weeks and I am so confused. Now why would the LE want people to be confused? I personally would describe this truck as a late model white or silver GMC Sierra z71 crew cab short box XFE. with some type of rear bumper utility box attached, possibly with a winch attached or some roll of cable cord inside the bed. so an electrican or a cable tv person? four weeks into this and folks are looking at white two door trucks, white extended cabs...... How about a tight description? is that too much to ask for this beautiful young woman?? it can be even more confusing because Chev and GMC are so so similar, not too mention very popular.

Is it the same truck that just did a u turn? if so going away from university the truck gate is up, going back towards university the truck bed is down. what is the spread of moments between the two shots if it is the same truck and what could they have been doing in that time period that would require them to put the gate down? what is noticiable is that there is this strange black cylinder in the bottom of the photo of the truck going towards univ. what could it be? look up 12 volt electric cable bumper winch, could have it been moved to the bottom of a tow kit or something? to change the look of the truck??

if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find.
This truck runs about $32K new. We can add that this truck has 18" alloy rims, based on someother report I read if i remember correctly. We need to rule out the vechicles so to move on recanvassing the neighborhood. In one of the recent photos of the cleared oldsmobile there is a white vechicle going the other direction. it should be the white pickup because of the time and the grill is different than the chevy they describe. it has the GMC grill, hence my opinion.
I have never been on a thread where a mother has posted and it breaks my heart. We have to help her get more help to bring her baby home.

I am sorry but this is ridiculous. I have been a member here for years and followed many many cases and Never has the information regarding a VOI been so confusing. I have been reading for weeks and I am so confused. Now why would the LE want people to be confused? I personally would describe this truck as a late model white or silver GMC Sierra z71 crew cab short box XFE. with some type of rear bumper utility box attached, possibly with a winch attached or some roll of cable cord inside the bed. so an electrican or a cable tv person? four weeks into this and folks are looking at white two door trucks, white extended cabs...... How about a tight description? is that too much to ask for this beautiful young woman?? it can be even more confusing because Chev and GMC are so so similar, not too mention very popular.

Is it the same truck that just did a u turn? if so going away from university the truck gate is up, going back towards university the truck bed is down. what is the spread of moments between the two shots if it is the same truck and what could they have been doing in that time period that would require them to put the gate down? what is noticiable is that there is this strange black cylinder in the bottom of the photo of the truck going towards univ. what could it be? look up 12 volt electric cable bumper winch, could have it been moved to the bottom of a tow kit or something? to change the look of the truck??

if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find.
This truck runs about $32K new. We can add that this truck has 18" alloy rims, based on someother report I read if i remember correctly. We need to rule out the vechicles so to move on recanvassing the neighborhood. In one of the recent photos of the cleared oldsmobile there is a white vechicle going the other direction. it should be the white pickup because of the time and the grill is different than the chevy they describe. it has the GMC grill, hence my opinion.
I have never been on a thread where a mother has posted and it breaks my heart. We have to help her get more help to bring her baby home.

this statement is key

"
if this truck went on St laundry it had to exit somewhere, this cant be the only photo. The more time that passes the harder it will be to find. "

i have been saying that until i am blue in the face, there is no possible way to exit the area without passing through either the cities federally funded MPO 'safety' cameras or the REDFLEX cameras, i live in this neighborhood and am in fact in a battle with the Department of Traffic and Transportation under the direction of Tony Tramel over the illegal use of the cameras and illegal use of federal FTA funds for the installation of speed calming devices.

long story short i know the system at this point better than they do!

the truck is either still in the neighborhood or is on a video leaving the neighborhood, simple as that.

finally someone else recognizes this

....if we have to live in a big brother state, at least big brother should use our tax dollars to help in situations such as this...

i am not sure in regards to the forum rules how much information can be posted, but if it is ok and anyone would like the information i can list about most every detail of the program and the people involved in the installation and usage of those little white spy camera's the MPO installed all over lafayette.

between the traffic calming devices and the cameras i am going on year 11 in my battle with LCG and the traffic and transportation dept. :(

... to be clear the battle is over the illegal use of federal funds, i am not fighting to remove security cameras are anything like that ...

any chance they chasing a white truck with a happy and healthy missing young lady inside :)

wishful thinking

I couldn't tell what kind of vehicle. First heard them near Walmart on pinhook & verot. There were police cars coming from both directions on Pinhook. They cut through the old smart parking lot to kaliste Saloom. I saw at least 2 dark vehicles with no lights following. There were at least 7 police cars when I first saw but more joined in.

As I brainstorm possible theories I keep going back to square one.
Who benefits by the disappearance of Mickey Shunick?
We can't sleuth... anybody....

As far as LE goes and being quiet. Sadly, I get it.
They won't bow to public pressure to speak about the case only to say "we have nothing".

I do know this:
If Mickey is alive, she has to convince her captor(s) that she will claim she ran away with them on purpose or just ran away or bumped her head and had amnesia.. anything to convince them, they won't be in any trouble if they let her go. Please let her go.

If Mickey is not.. I stand by my instincts and say they will probably find her in the old hospital that I do not believe has been searched with a fine tooth comb with dogs (according to the security guards) unless LE says it has. Publicly.. or Whiskey Bay, :( probably put there along with the bike and the current took her further down for whatever reason. Just my gut..

Speaking of old hospital, where is the new hospital?

me too. Not the hospital but the parking garage.

:twocents:A quick check-in. Have to leave for court in a couple hours. Just spent 15 hours doing 18 detailed Photoshop maps of a traffic accident, then wrote a defendant's argument (mine). So dead tired but if I go to bed for an hour I'll never hear the alarm clock.

Just going to repeat this, because posts do slip by and people miss them.

The hospital and the three parking towers were gone through with a fine-tooth comb a couple days after she went missing. They were swarmed. I'm talking every inch - up in the attics, everywhere. I personally searched every inch of the parking towers and so did A.C.I. There are no hidden spaces in the towers. What you see is what you get with that construction. There is no physical place there for her to be, especially with decomp factored in. The guards patrol the hospital inside and out, 24/7. They do their rounds. The campus isn't abandoned - just empty.

OK, gotta go, but just wanted to reiterate that, because it comes up every few days.

Dogs were used too, and the Find Mickey volunteers searched the towers so much it drove the guards crazy. Even climbing up on one guard's bumper and sleuthing the inside of her truck.

chicken fried just curious are you local LE? not meaning to be rude or anything just wondering and if you are actually i am happy and surprised someone with LCPD would take the time to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx