LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
------

Bolded your sentence above.

About the bolded part, I've posted that I think there are some solid objects there that look colored over. Maybe they do have identified objects of Mickey's in the video, but, since they couldn't extract, or remove them, they colored them over in order to blend in with the road.

Note: If the gray/brown objects on the road were by the truck in a cold climate, in winter, then I could believe they were ice/snow chunks that fell off of the tires. Since this isn't that climate, I don't know what the heck that "stuff" is.

Thank you!!! ...for saying you see 'something' there. I feel like everyone is against the couple of us that say something is there. I see something on top and below the truck. No idea what it is and the best I can do is guess but something is there.

Thank you!!! ...for saying you see 'something' there. I feel like everyone is against the couple of us that say something is there. I see something on top and below the truck. No idea what it is and the best I can do is guess but something is there.

On the road by the DTW:

Besides, colored-over solid objects that are related to Mickey, (and obviously eliminating ice chunks falling off of tires), the only other thing would be chunks of concrete, asphalt--then again, the concrete and asphalt, since they might be seen as hazards in the road, could have been colored over.

Very puzzling.

To me, the fact that they did not speak to anyone about that video footage further down is because they knew there was nothing to see. It makes no sense that they would have gone as far as obtaining what video footage there is and then just stop looking with no valid reason. Something happened that they know about therefore there would be no reason to look further.

I so hope you're right about that.

---------
Well, I proposed in a "theory" that the DWT could have backed up to that place in the still.

Re: the video of Mickey further down the route: Could have been just feet, yards, right?

I do not know anything about photo enhancing or altering. Could le have cut and pasted the pic of the truck over the pic of MS on her bike? If so that would explain a lot.

IIRC -- and sorry that I have no link -- there was a post here about the truck-in-question "turning on" that street and I thought at that time the statement was not clear because it could have meant "turning onto the street" or "turning around on the street." I believe the poster was quoting LE and apologize again for not having a link or a post to reference. I'm hoping someone will recall the post.

(Of course, the statement could have been poorly reported by the media or deliberately stated unclearly by the police. MHO, I think it meant "turning around on.")

JMO, of course. . . .

Thank you. I brought this up a while back but other people just laughed at me. "Turned on St. Landry" could mean a) turned from University onto St. Landry, b) turned off of St. Landry onto University, or c) turned around on St. Landry. Down here we say "off of" but mean on, and "out of" but mean from.

IIRC -- and sorry that I have no link -- there was a post here about the truck-in-question "turning on" that street and I thought at that time the statement was not clear because it could have meant "turning onto the street" or "turning around on the street." I believe the poster was quoting LE and apologize again for not having a link or a post to reference. I'm hoping someone will recall the post.

(Of course, the statement could have been poorly reported by the media or deliberately stated unclearly by the police. MHO, I think it meant "turning around on.")

JMO, of course. . . .
----------
I proposed a theory that the the DWT could have backed up, taken a rh turn directly into the parking lot, gone out of sight of the camera (to do who knows what), then turned around somehow to go in the opposite direction.

And, no, I don't think I read anywhere that the DWT did a U-turn, or a turn. The only thing I know is that the same truck was then seen on the road, going in the opposite direction.

We have only the still photos of the video released, like I said earlier, not a contiguous video. So as far as the sequence of events, I am only making guesses, or theories, on possible scenarios.

How do I find my posts? Just posted something and I don't know where it went :(

IMO, we have been looking at these images all wrong, although I honestly do not think any of this matter in the case anyhow. I will try to explain my thought here.

attachment.php
I think this is Image #1, and I will call this WTA (white truck A). Notice 2 cars here at gas station, no car in intersections. Also note that the opposing traffic on University has a green light, meaning this truck (WTA) would have to stop at intersection. Sometimes at night, these light take a loooong time to change. The guy in the white car is just finishing getting his gas and is running in to maybe pay for overage? Or maybe didn’t need gas, just ran in for cigs? Anyway… If you have ever been to this gas station, you will understand how difficult it is to turn around here. To me, he is facing us, therefore, if he wants to go back down University towards campus, he would need to pull right out onto St. Landry and then right onto University.

Which brings us to image #2:
attachment.php

I just noticed here that there appears to be 2 cars in the intersection behind the trees. The first, WTA, appears to be crossing the intersection now (however NOT turning left onto University, IMO), as well as white car from gas station in right turning lane. Notice DWT is here. IMO, DWT passed MS earlier on St. John, before crossing intersection.

Next comes image #3:
attachment.php

MS. No trucks. Only blue car at gas station. Perhaps he is inside BSing with clerk? (I have seen this often).

So there are my thoughts. If I am correct, where does that really leave us? DWT stops? Waits for MS? DWT not involved at all???

----
Sorry, missed your reply that you couldn't do it right now. Understand. Just wanted to post some things I think I see, and wanted to double-check.

BTW, do you think there is a car turning in the direction Mickey is seen riding her bike, behind the DWT, behind the tree? Not only do I see the form of a car, but headlights and some curved trails of light going in that direction, that probably are a result of them rewinding the tape to capture the still image of the DWT.

Yes I do, and a WS member made that clear, with diagrams, early on, threads and threads ago. Basically they lined up Mickey's last stand and DWTiq perfectly so that it was like two frames of a movie. Then they had another version of the same with lines pointing at objects of interest. I'll find it if you want.

Not sure which specific enhancements were used, but I took the pic and used an app I have, clicked "random effect" and got this image...I thought it really made whatever is in the bed of the truck more noticeable. It's hard to tell if the figure is large enough to be a person, when you compare its size to the tire size.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340212942.629183.jpg

----------
I proposed a theory that the the DWT could have backed up, taken a rh turn directly into the parking lot, gone out of sight of the camera (to do who knows what), then turned around somehow to go in the opposite direction.
And, no, I don't think I read anywhere that the DWT did a U-turn, or a turn. The only thing I know is that the same truck was then seen on the road, going in the opposite direction.

Look, we have only stills, like I said earlier, not a contiguous video, so as far as the sequence of events, we are only making guesses on possible scenarios.

I decided to sit on my hands last night and focus on what LE has said about the truck(s). Sometimes you have to look at the information that hasn't been said and guess what, I found something interesting. I read between the lines.

They circulated four photos. The hooptie (it's my new favorite word), the truck with the bed cover on St. Landry, the DWT and the truck in front of Circle K going into the turning lane.

They said they eliminated two vehicles: The hooptie and the one with the bedcover on St. Landry. The drivers apparently came forward and were cleared.

LE asked for the public in finding the DWT. Interestingly enough is the photo that they enclosed with it. The DWT photo, not the one in front of Circle K. Also, the one on findmickeynow.com shows the DWT.

If LE thought this vehicle was the same vehicle, why not release both photos in asking the public for help?

My strong opinion here and think openly: They know it's three different trucks. They possibly have said (amongst themselves, of course) that the Circle K truck is the perp and could have something to do with it. The DWT is the witness.

Think about it.

Anyway, back to assembling the cornucopia!

Just want to post that it has been said LE has video of Mickey beyond this point.

Truck flipped 90 degrees compared with Mickey:
combined.jpg

Picture that might show car turning:
concentric3.jpg

um.. the one on the left is 180 degrees, upsidedown. 90 degrees counter clockwise would have the truck on it's side. appreciate the effort tho.

um.. the one on the left is 180 degrees, upsidedown. 90 degrees counter clockwise would have the truck on it's side. appreciate the effort tho.

Someone asked for the photo to be flipped 90 degrees. Sorry, I had just got out of bed.
concentric5.jpg

A whole lot of crimes remain unsolved...and it does not mean that the criminals are such geniuses or that LE is so incompetent, IMO. It just means that no clear evidence was left behind to prove a case, no witnesses, etc...JMO

I am confused as to why it really matters at this point if we know whether or not Mickey made it another block, or went down one street or another...maybe I am missing something. What would be revealed if this knowledge was available?

----------
Yes, I understand. Since LE says that they have video of her going further, though...do you think the truck backed up, from where it actually hit her, to be at the place when the still was released? And, what do you think happened beyond that point?

I have from the beginning said that we only have still shots and not the entire video, so they could be juxtaposed in any configuration or time sequence.

IMO, it matters I she got past this point for a whole lot of reasons. I have heard several strong theories (rumors) that can only be validated if she got past this point. In my mind, if she did not, then she did simply "poof" disappear into thin air.

If you look at the artifact on the road by Mickey's front tire, it looks like the artifact in front of the truck's front tire, so I don't think that that is Mickey or her bike under or beside the truck (middle red arrow in truck picture). JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne