LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also focused on the speed of the apparent grab. She's a slip of a girl, but there's still the bike to consider. It might have been easy to nab her, but the bike is tougher to conceal. You'd think.

Nothing this morning, really?! Gosh, that's frustrating.

Agree, absolutely sickening!

I agree! But I don't believe this was after she was picked up. There wasn't enough time. I think he made the block a few times following her since Versaille and stayed on her a little further to a more remote location where there were no cameras. That's why I believe it was well thought out. Considering there is no evidence that we know of, I think he knew what he was doing.

Oh, that is a great point....I hadn't even considered that he would do something like that. I wonder if they've continued to watch the tape to see if he showed up again?

One thing I am wondering, if she knew she was being followed (which is previous speculation as to why she changed her normal route, I'm not sure if it's true or not) or even suspected it, right off of St. John is the Sheriff's office, which would have been a safe place to go and a deterrent for a potential abductor.

My mind can't even process the layout of the streets. I just know she was riding down the road and never made it home. And then there's this white truck. Lord, another white truck case. I stared at the Lauren Spierer's case photos till I lost consciousness. I focused so long and hard at the white truck in her case until I swear I saw someone being held down in the back seat....and I even saw people riding in bed of the truck! I enlarged it and pixelated it and turned it sideways. And then none of it was even important. So there....the mind DOES play tricks on us. And its cruel. Because we desperately want to find Mickey right now....and bring her home safe to her family and friends.

Not looking good. Preparing myself for heartbreak.

In the cases of Sherry Arnold and Melissa Jenkins, both were kidnapped on the side of the road. Both were kidnapped by 2 people. The only thing is, both of them left some kind of evidence on the side of the road - Sherry lost her shoe in the struggle and there was a hat and perhaps something else at the site of Melissa's kidnapping.

If Mickey were abducted on the side of the road with her bike, I would think that at least 2 people were involved if not more. I would also think that the vehicle would most certainly have to be a truck or a van.

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for us the living body of Mickey Shunick. The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of Miracles. O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.
Amen

Awesome! Would be awesome for a prayer wave (everyone reads the same thing at the same time). I recently had good success with that for a niece who had a ruptured aneurysm in her brain; she went from dead to will always be vegetative to normal! I requested a prayer wave which was held across the world. May go request one for Mickey now.

ETA: Prayer wave in progress!

MOO, there just wasn't enough time or him to abduct her, make sure he had all of her stuff, turn around and come back to the light before the light changed.

I agree. I live one block over from St. Landry. St. Landry is a near daily bike route for me (all the way to Cajundome). I go together with my husband. I am very familiar with this piece of St. Landry. If the truck had turned around in such a short time, it's impossible to grasp how an abduction would take place further on St. Landry without witnesses unless it were beyond St. Julien. But not enough time!

We don't have enough info about those photos to be sure how to interpret them.

The other thing. Her choice of her route up till St. Landry is perfectly reasonable. The piece of her route over by Cajundome is unsafe though imo. Just too late at night to be in such an abandoned place. It's not just the possibility of foul play. It's also that cars are completely reckless in abandoned areas. They act like it's all theirs. And are way less careful. And being hit by a car is more likely. These days you can see beer bottles by the side of the road near Backham. If that is from Friday night, you can see how a drunk driver could pass through the area. It's just not safe.

If you look real good, it looks like someone is sitting to the far right of the bed/tailgate with their legs/knees against their chest. My husband saw it immediately but it took me a whole. But once I saw it, It definitely looks like someone is sitting there. If you look real close you can see that the person's head goes above the far side of the bed of the truck. If you keep zooming in and out you can eventually see it. And NO I'm not imagining things.

Omg I see what your talking about but ud think her bike would b there unless someone had knocked her off her bike and stole it from her.

Omg I see what your talking about but ud think her bike would b there unless someone had knocked her off her bike and stole it from her.

What pic are ya'll lookin' at? Thanks.

What I find interesting about that truck is the tailgate seems to be down which obscures the license plate. Is this the reason it is down or is there another sinister reason?

I don't think that the tailgate is down, it appears to me that there is no tailgate at all.

I see that! What colors was Mickey wearing? Strange if she got a ride and wasn't being taken where she wanted to go that she wouldn't just jump off and run screaming for help??

She was wearing a pastel striped top, light colored stonewashed jeans and grey shoes.

And the way they were going would be a shorter way to her home via car.
ETA: Maybe not shorter, but a more direct route.

ETA (again): Here in Lafayette there was an accident a few months ago where someone jumped from a moving car and was killed. Maybe MS remembered that and was too afraid to jump once she realized he wasn't taking here where she wanted to go? It would be really easy to pass up Amabassador Caffery on Congress and get into a less populated area rather quickly.

It just looks like glare from the streetlights bouncing off the truck to me. JMO

I can't tell whether the tailgate is down or missing. Some drivers who pull a 5th wheel leave their tailgate off for easier hookup. Although you generally see a 1 ton dually pulling a 5th wheel, it's possible to pull many 5th wheel campers with a 3/4 ton, which the white truck may be. Worth checking campgrounds nearby for truck descriptions? Possible camper at the Cajundome with the fair?

I can't tell whether the tailgate is down or missing. Some drivers who pull a 5th wheel leave their tailgate off for easier hookup. Although you generally see a 1 ton dually pulling a 5th wheel, it's possible to pull many 5th wheel campers with a 3/4 ton, which the white truck may be. Worth checking campgrounds nearby for truck descriptions? Possible camper at the Cajundome with the fair?

It is interesting how we all see something different in pics. To me it does look like the tailgate is down if you look at it from a side angle.

Irregardless if it is down or missing, it is strange.

If it is indeed missing, it could be an easier way for police to find the vehicle. *I hope*

What I find interesting about that truck is the tailgate seems to be down which obscures the license plate. Is this the reason it is down or is there another sinister reason?

Isn't that white rectangle the license plate?

Isn't that white rectangle the license plate?

I don't think it is as it looks like a wrong angle for it to be the license plate. But then it could be because of glare.

Like I said though, we all seem to see something different in pics so I could be mistaken :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove