LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Pinki.

Anyway, there are white four door trucks everywhere around here. Just on one little strip of the parking lot in the apt complex I live in, there are 4. Doesn't really narrow it down much. Some, but not much.

Me, too. Glare, I see glare.

Look at the pic again. Focus on the very end of the bed, next to the passenger brake light side. Looks like someone sitting, with feet on fender or floor, knees drawn up with arms wrapped around knees. Zoom a little it helps.

I agree Pinki.

Anyway, there are white four door trucks everywhere around here. Just on one little strip of the parking lot in the apt complex I live in, there are 4. Doesn't really narrow it down much. Some, but not much.

White is the going color for vehicles this past year.

But, if this is in fact the vehicle they are looking for, is the tailgate always missing if it is in fact missing in that photo. That should narrow the search down a bit.

I went out to work last night on page 4 and came home to all of the news here. I am finally caught up.

Wow. I am relieved that there is evidence of her riding her bike and this white truck in connection possibly. I am terrified for her. I am with you all praying for a miracle!

I hope LE is all over this and is getting the leads they need to bring Mickey home!
Prayers for Mickey's family, LE, searchers and all the caring people of Lafayette!

JMO

Just called the tip line…no answer :\

337-291-8633? Or has it changed?

Don't waste time on the tip line. go ahead and call 911!

I posted last night the problems I had with a tip line when trying to report seeing a 15 year old runaway living in an empty house two doors from me. I had to call 911!

I don't think it is strange or unusual for a truck to have a missing tailgate or to have their tailgate down. I live very near the TX/LA border and it is something you see around here often. There are a lot of "work trucks" around here and just trucks period.

Look at the pic again. Focus on the very end of the bed, next to the passenger brake light side. Looks like someone sitting, with feet on fender or floor, knees drawn up with arms wrapped around knees. Zoom a little it helps.

I examined it every which way in Photoshop...its a glare.

Its like when people see Jesus on toast...trick of the mind.

Yep and u can c that's her head bc her hair is so blonde it looks like a white blur in the picture

If that really was her, don't y'all think LE would already know and said, "Here is a picture of her in the back of the truck"?

I believe its glare because if you zoom way way in, you can see thru it. Not a solid object. JMO

Idk I know the mind can play tricks sometimes but I really see something there if its not a person there is something on the edge of that bed.

To me it looks like a blur of something on the side of the driver side door too

Remember LE has watched video. They haven't said they saw her in the truck.

If she was n the back it coulda happend like this...
She was riding and someone knocked her off the bike and rode away taking her bike, the white truck dude being as he was "following her" coulda been like hop n let's go catch that dude and get ur bike back...

Just my :twocents:, y'all don't hang me for it! But reading the previous comments about seeing someone in the back of the truck, I was extremely skeptical. However, after just a little playing with the contrast and midtones in the photo, I can see what several of you were talking about. It really does look very much like someone sitting with her feet on the rear bumper, and the "legs" appear to be flesh-colored. I'm not committing myself to that opinion though; it could very well be the glare or an optical illusion, or just wishful thinking.

By the way, I am so SO impressed with this community and how generally respectful you are of others' opinions. There isn't any of the spatting I'm seeing on Facebook. Kudos, Websleuths!

Remember LE has watched video. They haven't said they saw her in the truck.

LE doesn't report everything, they don't know everything, it's a mystery right now and everybody's input counts. I'm sure they appreciate any feedback people are giving right now

She was last seen wearing a multi colored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans and silver ankle boots.

tumblr_m4frr6Hoko1rtd673o1_1280.jpg

She was last seen wearing a multi colored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans and silver ankle boots.

tumblr_m4frr6Hoko1rtd673o1_1280.jpg

Was just about to edit my post to put that. It still looks flesh-colored or cream-colored to me. I do suspect that it's just a discoloration from a low-quality image. I guess we all want them to have something to go on really badly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem