LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for any updates on TES searches. Do we know where they're searching today?

They reported a few days ago (LE did) that since it's not a smart phone, it only pings when it's on, and that it has been turned off--I would assume that they tried to ping it and were unable. I'll try to find an article that said that.

ETA:
Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.

“It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said.
http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/ (On the May 24th update)

Look at the pic again. Focus on the very end of the bed, next to the passenger brake light side. Looks like someone sitting, with feet on fender or floor, knees drawn up with arms wrapped around knees. Zoom a little it helps.

Tried all that. Looked at a cleaned up pic that was posted on the news FB. there isn't any person that I can see sitting in the bed of that truck.

Yep and u can c that's her head bc her hair is so blonde it looks like a white blur in the picture

You believe Mickey hopped onto the open bed of a pickup truck? I just can't get that to make any sense in my head!

I think I read that it had been turned off since that time, and since it wasn't a smartphone, they aren't able to ping it while it's off.

Did she turn it off when she left BW? I don't understand why she would unless her friends were calling her and she got fed up so turned it off. The last time she got a call on her cell was 1:30 am. IIRC, both BW and her sister said she never turns off her cell. So was it turned off shortly after 1:30 or after 1:48 when she was seen on the surveillance video. They can track that, imo If it was after 1:48, she got into that truck and forced her to turn it off.,imo

If she was n the back it coulda happend like this...
She was riding and someone knocked her off the bike and rode away taking her bike, the white truck dude being as he was "following her" coulda been like hop n let's go catch that dude and get ur bike back...

He has a double passenger compartment! He wouldn't put her on the bed....he'd have gotten her inside where he could more easily control her----and if she did hop into the truck bed, which I don't consider to be even a remote possibility, WHY would she be perched near the open edge??

When I zoom in, the area y'all are talking about seems transparent, just like pink noted.

Look at the pic again. Focus on the very end of the bed, next to the passenger brake light side. Looks like someone sitting, with feet on fender or floor, knees drawn up with arms wrapped around knees. Zoom a little it helps.

I see what you are referring to that appears to be someone sitting on the edge of the back right corner of the bed but I really think its he glare or the image breaking down because it's a poor image. Someone asked why she wouldn't jump if it were MS and brought up the woman who died in March jumping from a moving vehicle.. If this were her in the back, this would be a good time to jump as the truck would have been slowing down as he approached the left turn at the intersection. I don't think we are seeing anyone in the back of the truck.

Did she turn it off when she left BW? I don't understand why she would unless her friends were calling her and she got fed up so turned it off. The last time she got a call on her cell was 1:30 am. IIRC, both BW and her sister said she never turns off her cell. So was it turned off shortly after 1:30 or after 1:48 when she was seen on the surveillance video. They can track that, imo If it was after 1:48, she got into that truck and forced her to turn it off.,imo

I'm not sure if they could track that, if the phone hadn't been used and was turned off, since it wasn't a smart phone?

I'm not sure if they could track that, if the phone hadn't been used and was turned off, since it wasn't a smart phone?

Yes if it was turned off they can't if it's not a smart phone but my point is BW and her sister said she never turned off her phone. So when was it turned off? Was it right after the 1:30 am call? Why would she turn it off unless she was forced to. If there was no ping after 1:48 when she was last seen (allegedly) in that video, then there is the proof that she got into that truck and that truck is absolutely involved and they forced her to turn it off when she got into it.

Hope that makes sense. It's narrowing down the timeline and evidence that this is indeed the vehicle.

He has a double passenger compartment! He wouldn't put her on the bed....he'd have gotten her inside where he could more easily control her----and if she did hop into the truck bed, which I don't consider to be even a remote possibility, WHY would she be perched near the edge??.

Just saying the two might hav worked together to get her. One on foot her stole her bike from her and rode off while the other scooped her up as if a rescue but she might not have wanted to get in the truck and thought the smartest place to ride would be the edge of the tailgate so she could hop off if she needed to

Yes if it was turned off they can't if it's not a smart phone but my point is BW and her sister said she never turned off her phone. So when was it turned off? Was it right after the 1:30 am call? Why would she turn it off unless she was forced to. If there was no ping after 1:48 when she was last seen (allegedly) in that video, then there is the proof that she got into that truck and that truck is absolutely involved and they forced her to turn it off when she got into it.

Hope that makes sense. It's narrowing down the timeline and evidence that this is indeed the vehicle.

Yeah, I get what you're saying....all I'm saying is that I don't really know if you can ping it without having a call record from that time, since it was a week ago?

Just called the tip line…no answer :\

337-291-8633? Or has it changed?

I just got answer. Was on my usual route and there is a foul smell from the gutters there (St. Louis and St. Landry). So called it in as a tip. I was not the only one there reacting to the odor.

I just got answer. Was on my usual route and there is a foul smell from the gutters there (St. Louis and St. Landry). So called it in as a tip. I was not the only one there reacting to the odor.

Oh, no. I hope this is unrelated.

When we were out searching during the day we looked in them all but it was hard to see without flashlights. No odor that we noticed though.

I think it looks more like a Chevrolet or gmc basic / work model... Anyone else?!??!

Window shape of ford model shown doesn't look similar to the one on camera. I def think its chev or gm

Hi. Not sure how far along the truck type has been sleuthed out yet from where we left off last night/early morning, but here's some observations from the white truck captured on camera and a few trucks I looked at online this morning ~

- truck in video appears to have a horizontal door handle on the rear door positioned a tad lower than the handle on the front exterior door (another example is hard to find - anybody familiar with this detail on a truck model?).

- Ford Raptor off road (based on the stock F-150) appears to have a slightly lower positioned rear door handle. Also it appears to have a rail running along the edge of the truck bed.

- truck in video looks as if there's a rail trim running along the top edge of the truck bed (some trucks look like they only have a molded top edge)

- Chevy Colorado and Isuzu 2005 i-series are made in a Shreveport LA plant

- the Chevy Colorado tail hatch is made with the option to remove

Wonder if anyone who lives near BW owns such a truck - owing to the theory that odds are it is someone who knows she like to ride late at night and who would live close by and be keeping an eye out for activity at BW's house which would indicate she would then be biking home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove