LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a sex offender at 812 e convent st right by 100 Ryan St. The over head image from google shows a white pick up truck. And it's really shady aroudn there a warehouse or two. When you do street view though, it's not there.

Circa, is there a way to know how old the image is? I'm ignorant about google maps, but when I look at my house on there, the image seems 3-5 years old, based on the cars parked there and the size of our tree in the front.

She still had quite a ways to go. This was towards the beginning of her route.

Yes, this isn't far into her route at all. Mere minutes from where she began. I'll try to map it, if I can figure it out.

What do I know about trucks? My husband says he thinks there is no tailgate because he can see the outline of the license plate. But it just looks open to me.

I have to agree with your DH...

Check if this picture is a good visual of why
6inchSecureLid3.jpg

I'm wondering why they would show a similar truck (captured soon after Mickey was shown), but it wouldn't be the exact truck? :waitasec:

Why would they show this video? That is just stupid! Why no just show a sketch or photo of a generic white truck, similar to what they are wanting people to look out for. So I gather the truck in the video has no meaning in this case at all!??

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=756715&AgencyID=53604

RSO with 2 registered WHITE SUV type vehicles. Would these match the vehicle type being sought?

Plate#
X660909 Toyota Tacoma 1999 White
LA VLH740 Toyota Highlander 2005 White

I had casually browsed the RSO listings when I came upon this case and this RSO was the closest proximity wise (Congress/Ambassador-Destination) and just stood out to me.

Tacoma
297blf.jpg

EDIT: Def not the Highlander but the Tacoma fits the description.

Just to let everyone know for sure.

This picture:

mickey-3-630x354.jpg

Was taken BEFORE the pic of her riding by the gas station. The gas station pic is the last one of her timewise. The above pic was taken at Versailles Blvd where it meets St John ST. Here it is on Google streetview:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Versailles+Boulevard,+Lafayette,+LA&aq=0&oq=versail+lafayette+la&sll=30.224717,-92.022943&sspn=0.012775,0.030899&vpsrc=0&gl=us&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Versailles+Blvd,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&ll=30.224708,-92.022933&spn=0.002883,0.011362&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=30.224712,-92.022933&panoid=gMvZeA7u6CrZSx3u0rt_nA&cbp=11,281.87,,0,4.67

What? It looks like she was only two blocks away from Ryan Street - she had travelled south down Parkside just like BW said.
Why would she go east then and not west? Am I reading the map correctly?

I was one who posted that someone saw the truck, but...I copied and pasted from someone else as I thought it was worth looking into...

For the locals who know, how far was Mickey from home in this surveillance video we are seeing?
Not sure mileage/distance wise but you can see on this map where she left from, where she was spotted on camera (@ St. Landry/University) and where her home is. She wasn't that far from Ryan St. where she left from.

http://goo.gl/maps/IxDG

O/T but is there a way to embed the maps?

What? It looks like she was only two blocks away from Ryan Street - she had travelled south down Parkside just like BW said.
Why would she go east then and not west? Am I reading the map correctly?

I was confused by this too, but some one mentioned earlier that going that way is more bike friendly than going west and then getting onto Congress which would be a straight shot. It does appear she went a longer, less direct route.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=756715&AgencyID=53604

RSO with 2 registered WHITE SUV type vehicles. Would these match the vehicle type being sought?

Plate#
X660909 Toyota Tacoma 1999 White
LA VLH740 Toyota Highlander 2005 White

I had casually browsed the RSO listings when I came upon this case and this RSO was the closest proximity wise (Congress/Ambassador-Destination) and just stood out to me.

I just googled "Toyota Tacoma White" on Google images and man, it sure does look like the truck on video could be a 4-door Tacoma. I was sure it was a GMC or Ford until I googled it.

Circa, is there a way to know how old the image is? I'm ignorant about google maps, but when I look at my house on there, the image seems 3-5 years old, based on the cars parked there and the size of our tree in the front.

See photo

Attachments

• 812 e convent.jpg
    812 e convent.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 53
Didn't someone post earlier (does anyone remember) that there was a police check on University and Congress? Wouldn't that prevent the truck from escaping towards I-10 if the truck had her?

In the event that this truck or trucks similar to this truck may be involved with Mickey's disappearance, I hope all dealerships are on alert and all individuals are mindful of them in the event that the perp (if this is him) tries to sell it/trade it in. I think that is one things that the guy who raped and killed Brianna Denison did after one of his previous victims described his vehicle.

and this is a cross the street. I know my image over my house is about a year old, but the street view and overhead are at different times. The view across the street is crazy though, just check out E Convent St. I'm on Google Earth

Attachments

• aacross the street.jpg
    aacross the street.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 53
So Mickey left Ryan, went up Parkside, turned LEFT on Versailles (away from her home and closer to downtown) then turned RIGHT onto St. John (a bigger road) kept on St. John all the way until she crossed University and the street name turned into St. Landry.

She really, really went out of her way.

This makes me think something spooked her on Parkside, and she took action to head for a more lighted area.

I bet that truck followed her on Parkside, too.

Didn't someone post earlier (does anyone remember) that there was a police check on University and Congress? Wouldn't that prevent the truck from escaping towards I-10 if the truck had her?

What is a DUI check? Isn't that what had been mentioned? Is that an actual police car sitting at the intersection?

I just googled "Toyota Tacoma White" on Google images and man, it sure does look like the truck on video could be a 4-door Tacoma. I was sure it was a GMC or Ford until I googled it.

lol....thats how I got the pic I just posted. Google Images. Funny. I did not expect it to look as similar as it does.

lol....thats how I got the pic I just posted. Google Images. Funny. I did not expect it to look as similar as it does.

Please call it in. I'm sure they're getting swamped with calls right now but this could maybe be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member