LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone checked beaver park for her it has some wooded areas kids play there during the day and the creeps go there at night if your ever bored go sit in your vechicle during the night over there you'll be amazed at what u see

I realize it's been a month now, but can we please try to think positive thoughts and continue to hope and pray for the best possible outcome?

Ok, I have an OT theory about the WT.... What if the driver hasn't come forward because he wasn't where he was supposed to be?! ie - wife/gf/s.o. didn't know they were out downtown?

I entertained this theory too but talked myself out of it. If the WT driver goes to police with his story, the wife/GF wouldn't necessarily need to know. Unless he is just that paranoid about getting caught, in that case it could be a valid theory...?

I realize it's been a month now, but can we please try to think positive thoughts and continue to hope and pray for the best possible outcome?

This is a crime forum...not a prayer thread...just being realistic. Of course I hope for the best outcome, that should be obvious by just being here that we all do, I hope. JMO

This is a crime forum...not a prayer thread...just being realistic. Of course I hope for the best outcome, that should be obvious by just being here that we all do, I hope. JMO
sorry but the tone of the thread was getting me very depressed tonight....

I think everyone wants her to be found safe, and soon! But in all honesty, we have to look at all options, including the negative, if we wish to find her or whoever did this to her. Sad, but true.

That it is, but.... I don't ever take prayer out of it. JMO

holy cow thats eerie..... :gasp:

the game over bit underneath is the spookiest part to me. im sure its not connected, but wouldnt it be creepy if it was.

It could be "game over" bc the freshly painted wall is now tagged again?

Possibly by force though...the sad thing is, in many cases we don't know what it was that was used to take them, since they are often not found...I follow so many cases here where the victim is never found, it is just so hard to believe that Mickey will be different. I don't want to say I hope so, as I hope the same for all of them, no one is more important than another...

I wish there was a way to know, so maybe more women could be saved.

I lean more toward the Pacman thing having to do with the May anniversary of Pacman...according to google it was that same weekend...not seeing any reason to connect it to Mickie, personally. JMO

Schizophrenics are mentally ill. Most symptoms can be managed with drugs. When they they're having problems, they seem WAY out of it and can't interact very normally. Sociopaths (includes/same as psychopaths) are not mentally ill. Their brains are different and they do not feel empathy. They can act as though they do by observing normal people and mimicking their behavior. They're very good at acting normal. The film, A Beautiful Mind, was about a schizophrenic. Ted Bundy was a sociopath. Very different.

hth

You are essentially correct but those with antisocial personality disorder are also "mentally ill". It is a recognized and diagnosable condition but as with all personality disorders, it's difficult to treat because our personalities are so ingrained. It's not something that can get you off a conviction but schizophrenia usually isn't either unless the person is in specific kind of psychotic state at the time of the crime.

It should be noted that schizophrenics are not any more likely to commit violent crimes than non-schizophrenics but the same can not be said about those with APD. It's so frustrating and scary to try to do therapy with a person who DOES NOT FEEL GUILT and can't even understand what that is.

Side note: Beautiful Mind was about as accurate a portrayal of schizophrenia as Madagascar is of zoo animals, that movie drives me crazy! :banghead:

As a side note: It bothers me a lot when people try to use mental illnesses as an excuse for poor behavior.

I have bipolar disorder. I have been completely unmedicated for almost three years now. Of course, I have done stupid things in my life and have made bad decisions, but I blame myself for that.

People that commit horrific crimes and try to say they did it because they are bipolar really drives me insane!

There is a big difference, not to be debated here necessarily, between mentally ill and evil. Some criminals are both but often, IMO, violent criminals are just plain evil, often from a young age. I am a complete believer in the theory that harming animals as a child leads to violent behavior as an adult, but is often disregarded as "harmless things kids do". Not.

There is a big difference, not to be debated here necessarily, between mentally ill and evil. Some criminals are both but often, IMO, violent criminals are just plain evil, often from a young age. I am a complete believer in the theory that harming animals as a child leads to violent behavior as an adult, but is often disregarded as "harmless things kids do". Not.

I don't think it leads to violent behavior. I think it is a sign of future violent behavior towards other people.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/parksandrecreation/dpt600parkslist.asp there is also a boat ramp there idk maybe it's just me but I find that park creepy also I'm just wondering has anyone tired tracking the truck in question by viedo cameras along possible routes I think I remember the police stating they think the bike was left there the night she was taking so that would be a good starting point look at all the possible routes towards I-10 in that time zone there could be a better viedo of that truck out there I know it would take a lot of man hours but in the end it could be the key to Iding the perp! If this was already discussed I apologize!

This pretty much sums up my thoughts too. I think it's far too scary for most people to accept that some people really are evil horrible people. It's easier to put a label on them and say they must be mentally ill. Somehow that seems treatable, but you can't cure evil.

where is this pacman graffiti located in relation to the circle k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx