LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. Only a guess.... until it fades away?? What I've seen seems to stay or at the least a very long time. Think I like Sacramento's approach.

San Francisco's graffiti laws are the same -- building owners need to clean it off or paint it within 10 days of citation.

Looks good. Thanks for doing this, GulfCoastKAT.
2 minor suggestions, but need to change was to is on this line. She is an anthropology major.
Also, the part - were about to move makes it sound like it was going to happen soon when it was really a year away, right? Maybe say the two of them were in the process of making plans to live together in NOLA after graduation.

ack, I mean, Thanks LSUFanGirl.

abc_gma_mickey_120528_wl.jpg

All I am interested in for right now, until the LEOs release anything new are any up coming searches. Is there a thread showing areas already searched? I looked but did not see one.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-lo...rd-significant/story?id=16458312#.T-QgcJFZ-Sq

My opinions only, no facts here:

I typically deal with providing detailed timelines and timeline-analysis on Websleuths, but this is the first case where I had surveillance pics to study. I kind of flipped my mind when I saw the surveillance pics, because this is something I have experience with- enhancing bad pics. So maybe I am not in my right mind, because of my obsessive desire to try and improve these images.

OK, after some initial negative comments, followed by prodding from Websleuth members to continue and then-kindly entreaties from another competing and respectable crime site to post my images for them instead, I will revisit this issue of enhancement of the driver of the 1st white truck on Websleuths (the pic of the white truck traveling in the same direction as Mickey at the Circle-K). Remember that this driver may be completely irrelevant to this case. Also remember that fuzzy enhancements such as this can resemble everybody in town. Frankly, I even think that I could resemble the driver! I have struggled with a method to present altered images and not have them cropped by others so as to inadvertently mislead future viewers. I am going with diagonal disclaimer text across my final enhancement in the hopes that this will never be cropped out by any re-posters. My main strategy was to overlay the white truck with an empty truck of a similar model year and then cut-out foreground and background pixels that can be reasonably shown to not be a driver. You can criticize the results freely, but I would rather hope that this encourages other viewers to provide alternate enhancements of the driver of the 1st white truck. By the way, I think I see the same image in the 2nd white truck, but that one is much poorer quality, if that is possible.

What I show here is is a simplification of how I isolated the driver's pixels. One thing that is never mentioned when it comes to any moving vehicle pic enhancements is that YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS A DRIVER! I could never tackle enhancing an image of such poor quality if the presence of a human was not fully certain. Once I finally isolated the pixels attributable to the driver, then anything goes. I have earned it!, Seriously, what I mainly did with the driver pixels was a combination of increasing the contrast, adjusting brightness, a one-pixel smoothing of the margins of each enhanced overlain group of pixels, and adding color or brightness/darkness very, very faintly where I thought it might improve recognition. Regardless, the images posted here are a personal journey of opinion and history, a journey of the mind, just like when a forensic anthropologist holds a skull in their hands and is expected to provide the original face. Trust me, that is a fairly subjective exercise too. Sometimes you get it right, and sometimes laughingly wrong. They only make TV shows about the forensic anthropologists who get it right. No one is going to make a TV show about me. I am a nobody.

So what do I see? A man of medium to light but not super-light complexion, with dark brown to black hair (how to trust this?-remember we also have the Circle-K pic of Mickey and her blondish-hair color is accurately apparent too). He is possibly partly bald or partly shaven on top, but there seems to be hints of side-hair on the head. I cannot make up my mind whether I am actually seeing his mouth or a groomed mustache above the mouth. I envision a white t-shirt with a bold logo at the center top. There is a husky appearance, but one of broadness of shoulders rather than height alone. The man may be leaning slightly forward against the steering column, or at least otherwise seems unusually vertical and observant. I do not think that the driver is wearing glasses.

Attachments

• MickeyShunick_theoretical.jpg
    MickeyShunick_theoretical.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 170
Hey guys I'm sure this has been discussed but I looked it up and couldn't find anything can someone explain the story behind BW stolen bike please

While I wrote this post:
I wonder if Mickey had a life insurance policy she took out herself and if it had a beneficiary other than her family. Sometimes you can get those polcies pretty cheap as a student.

Just trying to look at all sides of the coin.[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about her running off or planning an insurance scam.

Have you guys considered putting together a list of the known, confirmed facts? I know the details are scarce. Still, a list of "just the facts", no opinion, starting from the very beginning might help everyone to re-focus.

I did that and posted it last week.

The plan to move to NO- was this confirmed? Was a place rented? Were downpayments made? Or was the plan just talk? Anyone know for sure ?

That's a great start. Now maybe we can organize the information like this:

Mickey Shunick: last seen May 19, 2012 at approximately 1:45-2:00 a.m. in Lafayette, LA riding a black and gold Schwinn bicycle

DOB: June 20, 1990
Physical Description:

• Height-5'1" Weight-115 pounds
  • Shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • She has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril.
  • She was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots.
  • She was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow Vera Bradley wallet, a black Verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.
Background
-Mickey was an anthropology major at UL with only a semester remaining until graduation.
-Mickey and BW were about to move to New Orleans together (as friends)
-May 19 was Mickey's little brother's high school graduation day.

Timeline
?
?
?

Start filling in every who, what and where we know. Posters can quote the previous list and edit or add. It's important to keep it limited to only facts. Where a detail has not been confirmed but is widely believed, it can be added with an asterisk or a note that it is unconfirmed but likely true.

I realize it sounds elementary, but often when you compile the minutiae into a detailed list a picture begins to emerge (besides a DWT).

I really don't think it was about life insurance and if that was the case how come she wasn't spotted anywhere else? She seems to come from a financially stable family, she seems down to earth. And wouldn't she have withdrawn money before hand to help her? And to my knowledge there was money in her bank. I know your doing the other side of the coin but really doesn't seem like its possible in Mikey's case but good for thinking outside the square:). This bizar case doesn't make sense can someone pls explain what happened with brettlys bike that just seems weird!

:truce:
I really don't think it was about life insurance and if that was the case how come she wasn't spotted anywhere else? She seems to come from a financially stable family, she seems down to earth. And wouldn't she have withdrawn money before hand to help her? And to my knowledge there was money in her bank. I know your doing the other side of the coin but really doesn't seem like its possible in Mikey's case but good for thinking outside the square:). This bizar case doesn't make sense can someone pls explain what happened with brettlys bike that just seems weird!

BW bike was reported missing the AM of 5/9 and found in the afternoon of 5/9 reportedly in St Johns cemetery near his house on Ryan St. Supposedly it was found by LE (sheriff) & brought to a higher up that is a cyclist presumably thinking they may know who the bike belonged to.

Thanks so where was the bike taken from? Did they find out who stole it? Could be a possible link? Sorry if this has been discussed before and I'm on the wrong track

That's a great start. Now maybe we can organize the information like this:

Mickey Shunick: last seen May 19, 2012 at approximately 1:45-2:00 a.m. in Lafayette, LA riding a black and gold Schwinn bicycle

DOB: June 20, 1990
Physical Description:

• Height-5'1" Weight-115 pounds
  • Shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • She has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril.
  • She was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots.
  • She was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow Vera Bradley wallet, a black Verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.
Background
-Mickey was an anthropology major at UL with only a semester remaining until graduation.
-Mickey and BW were about to move to New Orleans together (as friends)
-May 19 was Mickey's little brother's high school graduation day.

Timeline

?
?
?

Start filling in every who, what and where we know. Posters can quote the previous list and edit or add. It's important to keep it limited to only facts. Where a detail has not been confirmed but is widely believed, it can be added with an asterisk or a note that it is unconfirmed but likely true.

I realize it sounds elementary, but often when you compile the minutiae into a detailed list a picture begins to emerge (besides a DWT).

I see others have pointed out her correct birthday.

To add to the physical description, Mickey has a healed Marilyn scar on the right side of her face.

This is a great idea.

Great idea!
Facts as I know them:

-Mickey went to Artmosphere with BW and some other friends

We could probably add the detail here that it was a benefit show, and also list the names of the performers.

Also, we could add the detail about the "dying" phone, the phone call to/from AS, MS's use of BW's phone, the last text message, the last phone call, etc. (to name a few). Someone feel free to add the details to each of these points.

Could someone please clarify as I didn't see the article...

Did they say if they were still looking for the WT and the driver

or

Did they say they were still looking for the driver of the WT

IMO it would be two different things as in maybe the truck was stolen and located?

Both the white truck and the driver.

I see others have pointed out her correct birthday.

I knew that. I was just testing y'all. :p

Seriously, don't ask me how I made that mistake since I had just read the article that mentions her birthday. :blushing:

To add to the physical description, Mickey has a healed Marilyn scar on the right side of her face.

This is a great idea.

I'm glad you like the idea. I'll add in the scar info.

Their essence is not having a conscience or any empathy. There is something wrong with these 'people' (I use that term loosely) on a soul level - if they even have souls. It's certainly nothing that the mental health profession will ever get a handle on because it's metaphysical.

What's really messed up is that many of them excel because of their unceasing drive for power and to win. 5 will get you 10 that the parade of famous faces (politicians, banskters, lawyers, celebrities, etc) on cable news are about 80% sociopaths. I am positive that whoever abducted Mickey is a sociopath. They feel no remorse whatsoever. The best that we can hope for is that he (or they) isn't inclined to commit murder and she is let go.

Quite a few politicans and stars are Narcissists- different personality disorder.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism"]Narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Although you can have a Narcissistic Sociopath- which are one of the dangerous kinds. It's not metaphysical, they just don't pass through the normal stages of human development. Depending on which theory of development you go with, they don't pass through the normal stages- they get stuck. This is usally because of severe abuse or neglect.

True Sociopaths- have no remorse, empathy, conscience. None. They're capacity for any sort of feeling is extremely limited. Pretty good article here: http://depressiond.org/sociopath-sociopathic-personality-disorder/

Most Sociopaths are actually very charming, and highly intelligent- on a superficial level. Ann Rule's book- The Stranger Beside Me- about Ted Bundy does a very good job, imo, of describing one. Ann knew Ted before he was accused of his crimes- before he was caught. They worked together at a Crisis Hotline center. Ann wrote true crime, was a former police officer, and Ted had her fooled for years.

While I wrote this post:
I wonder if Mickey had a life insurance policy she took out herself and if it had a beneficiary other than her family. Sometimes you can get those polcies pretty cheap as a student.

Just trying to look at all sides of the coin.

I never said anything about her running off or planning an insurance scam.[/QUOTE]

I think in my head I was reading the posts quickly and I read this one along with the could she have left on her own? posts. I assumed they all went together.

So I'm hoping this case is coming to an end and the silence from the LE means that they have a suspect and they are getting close to a arrest and hopefully Mickey is still alive! With all the silence from LE and ACI this is the only thing I can come up with fingers cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne