LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am beginning to believe the WT is a ruse!

O/T but I didn't think her disappearance was related to DTL when it happened but from reading more about her case, I've come to think in the past few years that there's a 99% chance it was DTL. She was older than the other victims but was indeed attractive and looked much younger than she actually was (due to what I think was some really good cosmetic surgery, and I don't say that to be demeaning, I think she looked good & had one great surgeon).

Many people in Louisiana I know thought her disappearance was staged due to her husband's conviction & jail sentence (he was Louisiana's former insurance commissioner) and that maybe she had absconded far away with stolen money or something. Some expected when her husband was released a few years ago he'd disappear to some island or foreign country and they'd reunite. That hasn't been the case - he's out now and seemed to really grieve her disappearance/death. This and the details surrounding her disappearance (I've more recently read about the white truck on camera and her broken fake fingernail, etc) has made me think DTL was involved....or worse, there's still an unidentified perp on the loose..... Easier to believe it was DTL and yes, I wish he'd confess truthfully to everything he's done so the families of Mary Ann Fowler, Christine Moore, Connie Warner, and others could know for sure (and locate the remains of Mary Ann & Connie) or so we would know whether or not South Louisiana had (has? <shudder>) another serial killer as well..... But like that would ever happen. DTL only cares about DTL and I don't think will ever admit to anything for victims' families to get closure.

We need to find who has Mickey. If he/she gets away with this once (and this likely isn't their first time), they will do this again. Finding Mickey is our key to finding the person(s) responsible and the key to saving the next potential victim! All women in South Louisiana and those who love them should be looking for Mickey and pressuring LE and the media to keep Mickey's case out there!

I do agree that Mary Ann's fate will likely never be known, whether it was DTL or some other yet unknown serial killer/abductor. Since that Subway is right off I-10 (passed it many times), it really could be anyone travelling that interstate.

You are right, we should all be searching for Mickey! Many of my friends are freaked out by it and refuse to acknowledge there is another dangerous person out there (whether she was abducted and held or worse). My mom and I talk about the case all the time. She doesn't get on here, but I think the case reminds her how young and carefree I was in college. I wasn't stupid about things, but I did stay out late and left many friends houses alone in the dark (in a car, but still).

LE needs to be feeling pressure, but instead I feel like they want to continue to keep all info on lock down. If that was the best way to solve this, then they would have already found Mickey and arrested her abductor. Maybe it is time to share not all, but a little more info and see if things don't turn around. Clarifying all known details of VOI would go a long way. It seems they are more than willing to release partial facts in the case but no real complete details. Do they expect or want help when they do this? How many false alarms has their tip line received from the VOI not being clarified? My biggest concern is that I don't want the public to forget Mickey, I don't want her case to go cold. I want her found!!!

I have to be blunt here.

There has never been any sense of urgency by LE with respect to this case compared to the sense of urgency that was evident in the Bain/Mayes incident.

LE in this case has held one press conference to state that they found the bike. That is it. The mods can't help us with respect to the DWTIQ because LE will not clarify it.

I think that we have to look at the lack of signals from LE, then ask ourselves what do they know that we do not?

In the Bain/Mayes case they were stopping very specific vehicles constantly. That is not happening in this case.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I don't believe that I am.

Am beginning to believe the WT is a ruse!

Maybe you are right! Funny how they mention it again (after silence on the issue) right when they had people at Whiskey Bay searching. Now we are all arguing and talking about the DWTIQ instead of talking about what is really going on at WB!!!

I have a couple of questions for Mods.

1. How are members/posters verified?

2. If we have a Mod question, how can we tell who's on?

Thanks.

I am asking because there are many "locals" contributing and doing a great job. Why don't some become "verified" as local? Just wondering.

I've been following for weeks, and I'm still confused about the trucks.
Something that could be so simple (ID of the truck/trucks and surveillance cams)
seams to be all twisted up............ I'm frustrated.

If anyone has conclusive facts re: DWT, please clarify.

Thanks. :please::waitasec::please:

I just want to say that if this happened in my immediate area, and I was a "local", out and about, driving to work and back, shopping etc..........

Firstly, I would be all shook up. I would also be vigilant and watching around. If I saw anything weird or uncomfortable, I would post it.

I would also verify myself as a local. That's just me. If I saw something or had real questions, I would want you guys to take me seriously. I would also probably sleuth around and post pictures,

so BIG thanks.

I might also contact my local news and ask questions-perhaps ask to speak with a reporter who was on the case. MOO.

(please all, be safe)

I have read a few weird cases today, that I may post later.

I am a bit upset that some members here have gone silent.

As an aside, always remember......... we're on the internet. :moo:

In a stranger abduction, the only real hope of solving a case comes down to someone calling in a tip or a body or something being found with DNA evidence that matches someone already in the system.

It really is like finding a specific needle in a stack of needles.

The positive side (if there is one) to serial killers is that they cannot control their urges and that leads them to slip up when it comes to more victims. When you have more victims, you have more information about the killer and that leads to them being caught the majority of the time.

I followed this case in the beginning, but then got busy, went on vacation, yada yada yada. I'm in downtown New Orleans at the moment and just saw a Texas Eq Search truck here and was wondering if they are here in the area looking for Mickey? I wanted to ask, but hubby is in a hurry and so I couldn't go up to the truck and ask. There were I think 4 people in the truck and were dressed like they had been searching maybe.

Seems to be a lot of interest in New Orleans.

I have to be blunt here.

There has never been any sense of urgency by LE with respect to this case compared to the sense of urgency that was evident in the Bain/Mayes incident.

LE in this case has held one press conference to state that they found the bike. That is it. The mods can't help us with respect to the DWTIQ because LE will not clarify it.

I think that we have to look at the lack of signals from LE, then ask ourselves what do they know that we do not?

In the Bain/Mayes case they were stopping very specific vehicles constantly. That is not happening in this case.

Unfortunately, I don't think you are wrong at all. I think the LE are in over their heads and have long since told the FBI they had this under control. From what I understand (limited knowledge) the FBI cannot take over a case unless certain circumstances are in place: possible serial killer, state lines being crossed, etc. I'd bet some pretty good money that they are not allowing the FBI to do much if anything. I don't believe the FBI would have them not clarifying VOI or interviewing ppl with trucks that matched the VOI. I have no proof of this, but after the issues the LE has had (the ongoing investigation), how likely are they to want the FBI to be in charge of their missing person case? I wish someone who knows something would say whether or not the FBI is still involved. It would make me feel better if they were. I would at least feel like they are being strategic in what they say and do. At this point, I feel like the LE are willing to let the case go cold. I hope to God I am wrong!

I have to be blunt here.

Observation says you are not wrong. It's troubling, to say the least. I think it's extremely naive to have unfounded faith in LE "just because" and a lot of people do. They need to have pressers to indicate what they are doing, even if there's information that can't be revealed. It IS possible to do that.

Just one more thing.

The reason I became interested in this case is because of Lauren Spierer.
I live in NY. One day, my young coworker came into work. He went to school with Lauren. He told me when it first happened. He told me of Lauren and how she went missing. He explained she was in college in Indiana and disappeared.

My heart goes out to all parents and families of the missing.

Stay vigilant.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Local FBI fields offices often consult with local police departments on a variety of cases, but they must be invited in to the investigation by the local PD. A consultation doesn't mean they are "on the case" indefinitely.

I just want to say that if this happened in my immediate area, and I was a "local", out and about, driving to work and back, shopping etc..........

Firstly, I would be all shook up. I would also be vigilant and watching around. If I saw anything weird or uncomfortable, I would post it.

I would also verify myself as a local. That's just me. If I saw something or had real questions, I would want you guys to take me seriously. I would also probably sleuth around and post pictures,

so BIG thanks.

I might also contact my local news and ask questions-perhaps ask to speak with a reporter who was on the case. MOO.

(please all, be safe)

I have read a few weird cases today, that I may post later.

I am a bit upset that some members here have gone silent.

As an aside, always remember......... we're on the internet. :moo:

How do we get certified as a local?

I have to be blunt here.

I agree with you. I'm not feeling very confident in this LE I must say. The LE in Sierra LaMar's case seemed on the ball pretty much from the start. They spoke with the press regularly and were constantly searching. Although it must be noted that Sierra unfortunately has not been found yet, I've always felt that LE in her case has a sense of urgency.

This LE is reminding me a lot more of the LE in Holly Bobo's case (the TBI) and well, let's just say, Holly has been missing for 14 months and counting and there hasn't been a presser in her case since a few days after she was kidnapped.

In a stranger abduction, the only real hope of solving a case comes down to someone calling in a tip or a body or something being found with DNA evidence that matches someone already in the system.

It really is like finding a specific needle in a stack of needles.

The positive side (if there is one) to serial killers is that they cannot control their urges and that leads them to slip up when it comes to more victims. When you have more victims, you have more information about the killer and that leads to them being caught the majority of the time.

that's what i'm afraid of. i think that it may take another victim, if not many, before we catch the sociopath.

OMG. Can you believe they let this SOB go?! I detest the so called justice system that lets the worst people walk while locking up people who smoke weed! Who impersonates a cop and pulls people over? Somebody very dangerous, that's who.

Really is quite unbelievable with as many people are missing.
Although they let him go I hope they are keeping him in their eye while hopefully they are researching missing cases.

KATC TV3 &#8207;@KATCTV3
Mickey Shunick's family releases pictures of Mickey with different colored hair
Mickey Shunick's family releases pictures of Mickey with different colored hair (katc.com)
Mickey Shunick's family is releasing new pictures of Mickey with different colored hair. The hope is that if Mickey is spotted and has hair other than blonde that someone would recognize her. If anyone has information, you're asked to call Lafayette police at 337-291-8633
pics at link above

I have a couple of questions for Mods.

1. How are members/posters verified?

2. If we have a Mod question, how can we tell who's on?

Thanks.

I am asking because there are many "locals" contributing and doing a great job. Why don't some become "verified" as local? Just wondering.

I've been following for weeks, and I'm still confused about the trucks.
Something that could be so simple (ID of the truck/trucks and surveillance cams)
seams to be all twisted up............ I'm frustrated.

If anyone has conclusive facts re: DWT, please clarify.

Thanks. :please::waitasec::please:

Bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members