LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see if I can help with the truck thing. Heres two side views and an 18 inch alloy wheel picture.

12694200.jpg

10060761.jpg

used-2008-chevrolet-silverado_1500-ltw1lt-5287-8519936-13-640.jpg

I believe manlet posted some very good pictures in an earlier thread.

Mickey's sister posted photos yesterday of searchers at the volunteer site...if the photos were just taken, then they are still searching, or meeting about searching at least...I don't think it is true, at this point, to say they have stopped searching, or that they know what happened to Mickey...none of the posts reflect that, to me anyway.

I too see something in the bed of the truck from released video. It looks to me like a box with a picture on it. I could see it well on a picture a poster sent yesterday. (good morning DWT again!!) at least I didnt have nightmares again about pac-man..

Will someone please post the link for Whiskey Cam. TIA

Here is a link to the camera:

http://www.trafficland.com/city/LFT/camera/9188/index.html

FWIW: many people DO fish and boat on the weekends here. :) So it's very likely these are just people out on Saturday enjoying the weekend and not necc LE doing a search. I do find it ironic that it looks like it's 4 white trucks parked there right now. :/ Those stupid white trucks are EVERYWHERE around here!

Very early on it was listed as being in her possession. I imagined it as one of those glass marijuana pipes.

I personally don't smoke...asthma...but I know a lot of people that do. It's extremely common these days. Maybe it always has been. If she does smoke I would think she has her sources and wouldn't need to rely on asking a stranger.

In my experience with friends that are out of their smoke...they get a little ansy and talk about the fact that they don't have any. Surely she would have mentioned it to Brettly.

It's not my theory at all but a thread or so back someone did mention a guy at the Circle K stating that he saw her talking to a guy with long straight blonde hair. I am not clear if this was the same night but I think so.

Has anyone stated who called her when she was with Brettly? Again, not my theory but maybe this guy was her source.

Very early on it was listed as being in her possession. I imagined it as one of those glass marijuana pipes.

Oh, and...the people I know use a little metal cylinder. It's not very big but wider than a cigarette and not as long. Been a long time since I have been around anyone smoking so I don't remember exactly. Just that they are shiny silver metal.

FWIW: many people DO fish and boat on the weekends here. :) So it's very likely these are just people out on Saturday enjoying the weekend and not necc LE doing a search. I do find it ironic that it looks like it's 4 white trucks parked there right now. :/ Those stupid white trucks are EVERYWHERE around here!
--------

Wonder how many of those people fishing and boating on the weekend are totally oblivious to the fact that Mickey's bike was found there, or that she is missing?

It might be interesting for locals to ask people if they are aware of the case...?

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I opened the link... GOSH, there is just a whole bunch of white trucks.

Thanks yall for posting the link.

Let me see if I can help with the truck thing. Heres two side views and an 18 inch alloy wheel picture.

12694200.jpg

10060761.jpg

used-2008-chevrolet-silverado_1500-ltw1lt-5287-8519936-13-640.jpg

I believe manlet posted some very good pictures in an earlier thread.

In my pic the side panels look smooth. No bumpers (?) on the side. Plain.

the truck in the city hall pic facin right, away from University has something in the bed of it, and so does mine. The shapes and placement look very similar. I don't think it's a tool bx, more like something leaning on the wall of the truck bed in each picture. Could you give me your thought on that.

If your truck is involved at all... I think it would be the truck with the bed cover. I have enhanced both of your pics and have looked very closely at them. To me, it doesn't look like the truck in front of the Circle K.

But, it doesn't mean it isn't involved. Maybe the two drivers are friends? There is something in the back of each truck I have seen but that is not unusual with a pickup truck. What primarily caught my attention is what looks to be a moving box on the truck in your pic. I have always thought the truck/trucks in front of Circle K looked like they had artwork, or a mirror...some items that they were moving.

Searchers sign documents specifically stating they cannot disclose where they searched or what was found.

It is not as if though some searches, specifically around the one area of the circle K, is not well known to the locals.

Any perp would know that this would happen.

I understand why they have to do that, but can they disclose if anything was found and not what ?

Foxfire,

From your expertise and knowledge in missing persons cases, do you think it possible that Mickey could have been taken out of the country?

I know that there are some cases dragging on for decades where this has been seriously questioned, because although the abductions were local, there were visitors to local areas that had international ties.

Concentric, not sure there are experts that can give a definitive answer to your question. I'm confident that this has been considered by investigators. Mainly to prevent future claims of perceived hypothesis, imo..

I do know that this is most likely the explanation for the FBI's involvment in this and other missing persons investigations; human trafficking. Imo, there are no indicators in Mickey Scunick's abduction that point to human trafficking. In fact there are many indicators that negate this theory, imo.

Concentric, imo, Mickey was taken to a predetermined safe haven somewhere between Lafayette & Baton Rouge and all resources should be utilized to locate her. A geographical profiler is citical in this investigation, imo.

Facts are slim to none in this tragic abduction. The only five facts that I am absolutely sure of is:

* Mickey Schuck is missing & has been for over a month..

* Her abductor has not been arrested & brought to Justice..

* The silence & missinformation in this case is deafening..

* All available resources are not being utilized in this missing person investigaton..

* The collateral damage to commerce, tourism, peception of public safety by the LA community will be tremendous for years to come.

'The Holly Bobo abduction(TN 04/13/2011) was analogized as Parsons, TN's 09/11/2001, by the community. The Mickey Schunick abduction(05/19/2012) will be analogized as the Lafayette, LA community's Katrina'..imo..

'sorry for the rant, my frustration level has peeked'...

I can see that something appears to be in the bed of the truck. But it looks like a moving box on the hood and that seems odd. What is missing though are the black door handles and the chrome like step thing that runs along the bottom of he truck. Do you see either of those in the video?

IMO the truck traveling Mickeys direction didn't have steps. I'm fairly certain that is light as that truck has enough clearance to see under it.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Your post reminded me of something. As far as we understand, LE does not know who is driving the 1st white truck OR the 2nd white truck at the Circle-K. With all of the publicity, what are the odds of two different drivers (maybe five minutes apart) near the crime scene, driving very similar white trucks, neither of whom can be identified?

I want to add the disclaimer that there is no proof that either of the white trucks is involved with Mickey's disappearance.

Four door white trucks are really, really common around here, so I think the sad reality is that the odds are actually in favor of having multiple unrelated similar trucks seen in close proximity over a short period of time.

From
Accident to abduction ..... I don't get it either.

I do. If I consider that the bump is not accidental, then it becomes a possibility that it was deliberately done to get Mickey off of her bike so she could be abducted.

I think the family is choosing their words very carefully to make the perpetrator feel like he can come forward, they are giving him an "out". I'd do the same.

Anyone know if Mr. Abdella has an email address or webpage or fb page?
Is the phone number the only way to reach him?

Concentric, not sure there are experts that can give a definitive answer to your question. I'm confident that this has been considered by investigators. Mainly to prevent future claims of perceived hypothesis, imo..

I do know that this is most likely the explanation for the FBI's involvment in this and other missing persons investigations; human trafficking. Imo, there are no indicators in Mickey Scunick's abduction that point to human trafficking. In fact there are many indicators that negate this theory, imo.

Concentric, imo, Mickey was taken to a predetermined safe haven somewhere between Lafayette & Baton Rouge and all resources should be utilized to locate her. A geographical profiler is citical in this investigation, imo.

Facts are slim to none in this tragic abduction. The only five facts that I am absolutely sure of is:

* Mickey Schuck is missing & has been for over a month..

* Her abductor has not been arrested & brought to Justice..

* The silence & missinormation in this case is deafening..

* All available resources are not being utilized in this missing person investigaton..

* The collateral damage to commerce, tourism, peception of public safety by the LA community will be tremendous for years to come.

'The Holly Bobo abduction(TN 04/13/2011) was analogized as Parsons, TN's 09/11/2001, by the community. The Mickey Schunick abduction(05/19/2012) will be analogized as the Lafayette, LA community's Katrina'..imo..

'sorry for the rant, my frustration level has peeked'...

I am not sure I believe that tourism will be affected...outside of LA, the case is getting almost no media attention; in fact, inside LA it is not garnering all that much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth