LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I am also a cyclist. Riding with a hangover or not feeling well is nothing- as a matter of fact when I was younger I would specifically ride my bike with a hangover to help clear out my system so I would feel better sooner. Unless I am unable to move,I will always ride my bike with a headache or illness-biking is a comfort in a way.

So at 22 to ride when not feeling well is normal cyclist behavior IMO. I also saw where Craft said in the NG transcript upthread they have a lot of cycling traffic at that time of night; so I further see why she was comfortable riding.

Do you or anyone else know the location of this inside camera he is talking about?
Also, the cyclists he speaks of, is this near the Congress St Taco Bell he is speaking of where there are many university dorms & apartments of near St Landry where there is a more residential area as well as some apartments?

I agree I think way to much focus is on the stoopid white truck and they maybe should have been looking closer to home!

Just because she was seen on vid does not mean she didnt make it close to home...

That would have been one of the first places i would have checked out.

Has anyone looked to see if any SO's lived near her?

Just to build on your post...have the fields behind Mickey's house/neighborhood been thoroughly searched?

Check this site (LA State Police RSO) to see what shows up near Mickey's home.
http://www.lsp.org/socpr/default.html
Looks like there are six near 101 North Governor Niro (just using this address as a point of reference- I do not know Mickey's exact address.)
http://www.icrimewatch.net/results.php?AgencyID=54450&whichaddr=home_addr%7Ctemp_addr&SubmitAddrSearch=1&AddrStreet=101+North+Governor+Niro&AddrCity=Lafayette&AddrState=19&AddrZip=70501&AddrZipPlus=&excludeIncarcerated=

2)Black people and white people: Black community at large were the first to claim Mickey was dead, some said 'they buried her', 'she's in a boat', etc.. a lot of negativity on Twitter in the first week afterwards. PPL as old as I am remember what happened in Georgia in the 1980s, and I'm pretty sure what reads as style non-compassion also includes some wondering about why when a black child goes missing it's not a big deal. A black girl went missing the same day Mickey did.

I've seen a lot of that crap and, quite frankly, the race baiting rings hollow.

Why?

Because there are also white people who are missing, and whose cases haven't received this much publicity.

The simple answer as to why MS's disappearance has gotten more publicity? The efforts of Charlene Shunick, and her group of friends, and a host of volunteers.

They've worked tirelessly to get Mickey's name and image out in the public domain. That, in turn, has the public's eye sharply focused on LE who, in turn, had to step up early on and make sure the public knew their concerns were being addressed. Thus, the appearances on NG, JVM and other national shows; the slew of local media updates early on; etc.

All of that stupid "white girl" speculation is nothing more than gratuitous victim-mentality BS, and is transparent to any thinking person.

/rant

4)Satanists and Everyone else. Blond hair, blue eyes, perfect intelligence, missing in the month of may... wtf is that?? Is this real? I guess some go missing every month. June 4th is only 4 days after may and that's when Kyron Hormon went missing.

I don't think Satan gives grace periods. I don't think Satan gives grace, period.

It's natural to slow down or stop before crossing an intersection. I don't many people who slow down or stop AFTER they've crossed it.

1- Lafayette is actually kinda progressive compared to many cities/towns in the South. The city is adding more bike lanes, and while Lafayette does have quite a few oil services companies, it also has a large technological and medical presence. As a resident with quite a few friends and family members who do work in the oilfield, I don't think that statement is valid and it's completely unsupported by any evidence.

2. I'm not on twitter, but I haven't seen anything of the kind. I would be interested information on the black woman who disappeared. I'd be willing to work on hers just as much as Mickey's. I would like to see something to back up that statement.

3. Lafayette's unemployment rate as of April 2012 is 4.6%, not the 9% rate seen in the North. Lafayette is not Portland.

4. Based on what? There is absolutely no evidence of any kind to support the idea that there's a large Satanist presence that kidnaps in May.

Again, I'd like to know what kind of evidence you're basing the idea that 3 or more people are responsible?

Ideas and theories are good, but they need to have some kinda of factual basis.

1) Mac McCllelend (female) did a piece for Mother Jones magazine where she worked along side of oilworkers in the south. I'll link to it if I can find it. She even went to the bars with the workers after hours, and the scene was pretty hairy.

I (literally) just finished a book called "The Seven Sisters", it covers about 100 years of oil history, and the first woman to appear is a nun an offending oil company put on the executive board to balance things out... in 1974!! This was a man's world up through 1975 at least. I don't know much about Lafayette, but I did look for gang stuff right after MS went MIA.

2)http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1264007434&orgPrefix=USMD&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is the girl I speak of. She was younger, and a little plump in the face, not fat. I don't follow every kidnapping, just ones that are local (Kyron), or ones that bother me for some reason. MS bothers me because it happened to somebody that likes to ride.

3)Glad to hear Lafayette's not Portland. Count your blessings.
www.flickr.com/photos/daisyvisionxxx/7429202842/in/set-72157625723888196

4) well.. yeah, I'd basically agree that Satanism doesn't have so many convictions.. and the month of May.. I just picked up on that last month, and I'm trying to notice a pattern, if there is one to be noticed. Etan Patz went mia in May. Other children that went missing in NYC around that time are mentioned in an atmosphere of Satanism. Ever heard of Cropsy? No matter. It's off topic. I don't mean to slag Lafayette. The silence is deafening tho.

Just Curious, does anyone know how many viewers or hits the Websleuths Radio interview of A.C.I. received?
Awareness is the key in a missing person investigation.

Websleuths Radio /MICKEY SHUNICK /SUSAN POWELL/JORDAN HAMLET
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/06/18/websleuths-radio

by Websleuths

Featured Host

in Current Events

Sun, June 17, 2012

I have no idea, but I listened to the show twice (live and again the next morning).

Maybe Tricia or Kimster keep track of the listener numbers. You could PM Kimster and ask I guess.

On june 1st a 33 yr old beautiful woman in jacksonville fl went missing ..she was riding her bike from work...off of university ave...they found her body a wk later on philips highway..but are still looking for the bike.

1) Mac McCllelend (female) did a piece for Mother Jones magazine where she worked along side of oilworkers in the south. I'll link to it if I can find it. She even went to the bars with the workers after hours, and the scene was pretty hairy.

I (literally) just finished a book called "The Seven Sisters", it covers about 100 years of oil history, and the first woman to appear is a nun an offending oil company put on the executive board to balance things out... in 1974!! This was a man's world up through 1975 at least. I don't know much about Lafayette, but I did look for gang stuff right after MS went MIA.

2)http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1264007434&orgPrefix=USMD&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is the girl I speak of. She was younger, and a little plump in the face, not fat. I don't follow every kidnapping, just ones that are local (Kyron), or ones that bother me for some reason. MS bothers me because it happened to somebody that likes to ride.

3)Glad to hear Lafayette's not Portland. Count your blessings.
www.flickr.com/photos/daisyvisionxxx/7429202842/in/set-72157625723888196

4) well.. yeah, I'd basically agree that Satanism doesn't have so many convictions.. and the month of May.. I just picked up on that last month, and I'm trying to notice a pattern, if there is one to be noticed. Etan Patz went mia in May. Other children that went missing in NYC around that time are mentioned in an atmosphere of Satanism. Ever heard of Cropsy? No matter. It's off topic. I don't mean to slag Lafayette. The silence is deafening tho.

1. Women weren't terribley prominent in any professional industry until about 1974. That's why there was a Women's movement. Your post was about Oilfield workers having a problem with bikers, not about women in the profession. I've lived in South Louisiana most of my life. I've grown up with family that worked in the oilfield, went to school with their sons and daughters, dated their sons, and been out with them in bars. I'm not a reporter picking the worst of the crop for a sensationalist extremely left wing magazine. That's like saying all cajuns are swamp people, and trust me the majority are not.

2. Mikey got more publicity because of what her family did, not color. The fact that they were techologically compentent and used social media, and You Tube helped her disappearance go viral.

3. The point is?

4. Evan Patz was taken by a handyman with no ties to any kind of cult movement. I can't find the number of missing persons increasing in MAY statisitcally ANYWHERE, and the FBI tracks the number of missing persons by MONTH every year and posts it on their website.http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic/ncic-missing-person-and-unidentified-person-statistics-for-2010

Moving on, the police only discussed Cold Case because a reporter asked. We have no idea what forensics came back on the bike. We have no idea what leads or information they're working on. Just because they haven't released it, doesn't mean they don't have a suspect.

What if she made it to her home or the street where she lived I wonder if there is anyone living in her neighborhood that could have done this.
Have they look closer to home at all. Could it be someone coming home at the same time she was? Just a thought!

I just think it might be someone from her own neighborhood

While this is certainly a possibility, if you'll look in past posts, ACI tended to rule this out based on which cameras LE checked and had not checked. Search A.C.I. and look in earlier threads.

On june 1st a 33 yr old beautiful woman in jacksonville fl went missing ..she was riding her bike from work...off of university ave...they found her body a wk later on philips highway..but are still looking for the bike.

Can you give us some more info please?

So you filed a report and turned over a description and all of the important details to LE right away. Congratulations for being a responsible citizen. I'm a little confused because in your first post you merely asked if the bikers had come forward or been ID'd. I don't blame you for being curious. I would be, too. To answer your question, LE has not released any information about two bikers in the area when MS disappeared. That doesn't mean your tip was ignored. LE has the details you gave them, and I'm sure they've followed up on it. If and when they see a need to question you further, they'll be in touch. If you recall a detail you left out of the initial report, then you should contact the officer who took the report. He/she might be able to tell you whether info panned out. Otherwise, there's nothing more to be said. So be patient and feel good about yourself for having done the right thing.

bessie, I honor your opinion, but in virtually every case that I have researched, significant tips were overlooked or neglected. Prolly one of the best known investigations where neglected evidence & tips were illustrated was the Oba Chandler investigation(FL) for the murder of the Rogers mother & daughters;

Angels and Demons- Pulizer Prize winning

'Sunset' - Chapter 1
By:
Thomas French
One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at 3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds. Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

"I believe there are demons all around us," he would say, "just as I believe there are angels all around us."

* 'New Eyes look into the case files after over 3 years-Ch 3

Looking back on the review, the two investigators acknowledge that the sessions were sometimes difficult and even exasperating. Kappel remembers some verbal sparring. Pflieger says it felt as though the quality of his work was being questioned.

Either way, the two of them told the new team that they had tried everything they could think of, that there was nothing new to be explored.

"We did that," they said repeatedly. "It's already been done."

Moore and the other members of the team did not agree. Two weeks after the review began, Moore's team concluded that many things had not been done. They discovered, says Moore, that the Clearwater Beach brochure recovered from the Rogers car -- the one marked with the handwritten directions showing the family how to reach the motel -- had never been processed for prints.

Late that spring, as the one-year anniversary of the murders approached, Moore went to one of his superiors, Maj. Cliff Fouts, and told him he wanted to do a review of the case. He wanted to gather a team of new investigators -- people who would look with fresh eyes -- and have them pore over the case books and talk to the original investigators and then see what shook loose.

Okay, said the major.

* Other items found in the car and in the motel room, Moore reports, had never been processed, either. Many of the hundreds of tips that had come pouring in at various points during the investigation had not been pursued.

"My advice would be to follow up with LPD on your tip with dilligence"..

that's a great question!! who was that friend, the last friend she talked to on the phone @1:30am.

I believe they have said the last call was from her friend Ashley, but it has never been stated who the last text was from....

ah, such a shame we can't sleuth all the sleuthworthy. Riding bike = hang over cure.. def feel better not worse, IMO.

I agree. :) I guess hangover cures vary by person... For me personally, pounding headache and riding a bike not a good idea.

Do you or anyone else know the location of this inside camera he is talking about?
Also, the cyclists he speaks of, is this near the Congress St Taco Bell he is speaking of where there are many university dorms & apartments of near St Landry where there is a more residential area as well as some apartments?

I would think if anything, that time of the night would have more riders in that area due to the bars letting out and people riding home ....

Can you give us some more info please?

It appeared that she went missing and was found quickly. She lived in an extended stay hotel, and rode her bike back and forth to work. Her bike was never found.

Is Lafayette a college town....i've never been to La..so it might be a silly question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3