LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see where you are going with this, but she had a conversation with a friend right after the Taco Bell run saying she had Taco Bell.

So your theory is that she lied to this friend? For what reason?

I've heard about this conversation with a friend. Practically nothing is what I've heard. This case is mostly about the silence. What I'd like to see is a transcript of the conversation, and some kind of background on why this is the special person that gets the 1:30am 'boy that Taco Bell was delicious' call. Mickey eats like she rides...hella fast.

With all due respect, you honestly think LE would release a photo to the public of a young girl getting ran over by a truck? With no details and no urgency in finding this truck?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I know... you're shocked...SHOCKED at such a suggestion.. but here we are, weeks later, absolutely no wiser.. Local LE was quick quick to indicate that this investigation was costing them lots of money. Local LE had drunk driver road blocks operating in the area on the night of May 19th. I'll be frank, and get banned again. NO I DON'T TRUST LE. No I don't trust BW!! and I DON'T TRUST every PI either. C U in a couple of days if I get banned again.

Love to get an actual date for every bit of road work done on Saint Landry in May of 2012.

Looking at this route with so many long stretches of desolation brings such a multiple of possibilities. I don't recall seeing the Circle K. did I miss it? Also, were there any small motels along the way?

No Hotels. I started just past the LCG building, however, in the first picture that shows the LCG sign, you should see the Circle K sign on the right hand side. There are more Circle K area pictures in my Websleuths public folder. They'll show you from the Circle K to just past the LCG building.

I don't think she owed money. I don't see money as being an object in this situation. It appears to me her family was well off. She had a $2,000 bike, 2 horses, and a car. She'd grown up jumping horses. Lessons, training, stabling, horses, animals, vet bills are not cheap. And she worked so I don't think she would have owed anyone money for marijuana. She was probably selling her horse for money to move to NO.

And...could Mickey have owed money to anyone? And they'd finally had enough? We know one of the items searchers were told to look for was a pipe. We don't know if it was a tobacco pipe or a marijuana pipe (given what we do know about Mickey, I am going to operate under the assumption that it is not some other kind of pipe). I admittedly don't know anything about how much marijuana might costs or how easily one would rack up a debt worthy of such a crime, but is this possible?

I wanted to throw that out there as a possibility. But, honestly, I don't get the impression she was desperate for money, so this is an out of the box theory. Rich? No. But she comes from a middle class family, seems to have a good head on her shoulders, and from what we know about her wasn't panicy about some urgent situation she needed to address. She was selling a horse, yes, but I don't think it had anything to do with needing money desperately. I think that would have been (still could be?) a normal life event.

Looking at this route with so many long stretches of desolation brings such a multiple of possibilities. I don't recall seeing the Circle K. did I miss it? Also, were there any small motels along the way?

oh man, you need to go back to Mickey school. Even starting at thread 15 would fill in all the blanks. It does take a while for an outsider to 'get' the area. I think I've finally 'got it'.

very good idea. The nearest one to her home would be Capitol Schwinn Cyclery on Johnston Street. It's on the left before Guilbeau on the discount tires side.

I hope I got this right. I avoid Johnston like the plague when I go home.

Thank you. They do have FB page & website. Looks like they have shops in Lafayette and Baton Rouge....hmmmm....

I guess we don't know for sure if that is the bike shop she purchased her bike from...but I feel it seems likely since you mention it is closest to her home. I am guessing she frequented whatever bike shop she went to and would choose to go to the same shop for her bike as well as parts (IMO). This may not be a very sleuthable angle , though, about the people at the bike shop. The reason I got to thinking about it was because of all of the talk of the handgrips being removed (if they in fact were)...it feels almost personal that someone would do that. Also, a bike shop employee would likely recognize her bike and would know it was Mickey riding it. Also, they may have easily gotten her to stop and talk because she would 'know' them.

oh man, you need to go back to Mickey school. Even starting at thread 15 would fill in all the blanks. It does take a while for an outsider to 'get' the area. I think I've finally 'got it'.

sorry, don't have time to read back right now...but, i would hope if my questions were too hard to answer that they would just be ignored or i would be advised.

I still believe that the DWT is a witness, not a perp. Because of the way the photo of the DWT is cropped compared to the one with MS, I think that there was a vehicle pulled into the parking lot of the LCG. When they saw Mickey ride past, they started to pull out behind her, before they could get on the street the DWT came by. I think the reflection of their lights shows on the front part of the DWT. Perp pulls out, DWT drives past MS, perp is now behind her on the street. He bumps her rear tire, she stops and the perp moves in for the abduction.

I live close to UL and know all the areas well so I don't need to see your pictures, but thanks anyway ;)

I have been here since May. I am trying to find out when Chief Craft commented that there was video of bicycles where exactly he is speaking of. He was talking about video from inside a building. This is the info I am seeking.
Does anyone know? A.C. I ?

the video of Mickey on the bike is at the corner of St. Landry and University. The footage comes from cameras at City Hall.

I took pictures of Mickey's route and posted them. I'll post them again. There aren't many houses with driveways facing Mickey on her route.

It's great to have so many new posters. It may be a good for you guys to read through previous threads to learn why certain ideas are considered more unlikely than others.

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp175/Ivorywolf2002/St%20Landry%20St/

Start from the last pictures and work your way forward to get an idea of St. Landry/Colesieum/ St. Julien area. Photobucket put the first pictures at the end, and I haven't had time to go rearrange them.

Thank you. They do have FB page & website. Looks like they have shops in Lafayette and Baton Rouge....hmmmm....

I guess we don't know for sure if that is the bike shop she purchased her bike from...but I feel it seems likely since you mention it is closest to her home. I am guessing she frequented whatever bike shop she went to and would choose to go to the same shop for her bike as well as parts (IMO). This may not be a very sleuthable angle , though, about the people at the bike shop. The reason I got to thinking about it was because of all of the talk of the handgrips being removed (if they in fact were)...it feels almost personal that someone would do that. Also, a bike shop employee would likely recognize her bike and would know it was Mickey riding it. Also, they may have easily gotten her to stop and talk because she would 'know' them.

It is definitely a sluethable angle. It would be someone she kind of knew, but someone who thought they knew her well.

Here's all the bike shops I could find in lafayette

Capitol cyclery
Presicion bikes
recycled cycles- the type of shop a girl like MS would go into.

I live close to UL and know all the areas well so I don't need to see your pictures, but thanks anyway ;)

I have been here since May. I am trying to find out when Chief Craft commented that there was video of bicycles where exactly he is speaking of. He was talking about video from inside a building. This is the info I am seeking.
Does anyone know? A.C. I ?

Could that be the one on Versailles. Perhaps the video came from the cameras inside the bank.

sorry, don't have time to read back right now...but, i would hope if my questions were too hard to answer that they would just be ignored or i would be advised.

right, it's morning for some of us, perhaps a little too much coffee has come into play. I can understand, there's a lot of info to digest.

If you have ever traveled I-10 over Whiskey Bay you will know that there is no way a car can stop ad throw anything over the edge. There is no shoulder and it is a busy interstate. Whoever threw the bike out had to have exited and used the service road to get to the water. I agree with the crowd who believes this was a panic disposal of the bike, and a local is involved. Because the WB area would not be a place known by a tourist or an out of towner.
Why hasn't the driver of the truck come forward?
Why is LE silent?

because if we didn't have the hair, we wouldn't have positive ID. Mickey is not shown in the Taco Bell drive through, but her crebit card made an appearance.
We can agree there was a passenger. we put a lot of time into 3 grainy stills.
It was a lucky thing for those last seen with Mickey that there is video of her at 1:48am, May19th.

Mickey herself also told someone on the phone she went to Taco Bell.

No Hotels. I started just past the LCG building, however, in the first picture that shows the LCG sign, you should see the Circle K sign on the right hand side. There are more Circle K area pictures in my Websleuths public folder. They'll show you from the Circle K to just past the LCG building.

The nearest hotels are at "four corners" it's right off of University. It would be a great place to bring someone and No one would say anything. I'd go into the details about it's history, but let's just say..

I would never want Mickey to be in there, not even temporarily.

I don't recall reading this...but have we been told by LPD what time Mickeys phone stopped pinging or went dead?

I know 'we' know the answer...but I can't recall exact info off the top of my head and don't want to get it wrong. Just wanted give this link with timeline and media info, I am guessing the info is in there.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY * - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hope that helps!

because if we didn't have the hair, we wouldn't have positive ID. Mickey is not shown in the Taco Bell drive through, but her crebit card made an appearance.
We can agree there was a passenger. we put a lot of time into 3 grainy stills.
It was a lucky thing for those last seen with Mickey that there is video of her at 1:48am, May19th.

Yes, her credit card made an appearance... And her being there was also corroborated by the friend she spoke with that night, as well as bw. It's logical to come to the conclusion she was at taco bell. There is a factual basis that supports this... And when we make conclusions based on facts or ideas relevant to the case we can stay away from "wild speculation", which we've been told time and again to not do. It takes away from WS's credibility, which is precisely why knowing and understanding the tos is so important. Not sure if some are unaware or if the tos are just being ignored. I'm leaning towards the latter, considering how often they're being violated. I see poster's initials on the posts explaining them at the start of each thread, yet those posters turn around and start sleuthing people (ex bw), throw out wild speculations (no facts to back it up), disregard requests by the mods (family, pi's, bashing le), etc... It's quite frustrating because it makes us all look bad...

Yes, her credit card made an appearance... And her being there was also corroborated by the friend she spoke with that night, as well as bw. It's logical to come to the conclusion she was at taco bell. There is a factual basis that supports this... And when we make conclusions based on facts or ideas relevant to the case we can stay away from "wild speculation", which we've been told time and again to not do. It takes away from WS's credibility, which is precisely why knowing and understanding the tos is so important. Not sure if some are unaware or if the tos are just being ignored. I'm leaning towards the latter, considering how often they're being violated. I see poster's initials on the posts explaining them at the start of each thread, yet those posters turn around and start sleuthing people (ex bw), throw out wild speculations (no facts to back it up), disregard requests by the mods (family, pi's, bashing le), etc... It's quite frustrating because it makes us all look bad...

and has the potential for upsetting the family. If we are all in this to find Mickey it only makes sense that we do our best to spare her family as well. I can only imagine the hell they go through daily. If you start typing and it seems inflammatory or speculative it's probably best to keep it to yourself. If you know it to be a fact, report it to LE and let them do their thing.

just my two cents.. thank you for the post.. hope you dont me mind me tagging along on your thoughts.

I know... you're shocked...SHOCKED at such a suggestion.. but here we are, weeks later, absolutely no wiser.. Local LE was quick quick to indicate that this investigation was costing them lots of money. Local LE had drunk driver road blocks operating in the area on the night of May 19th. I'll be frank, and get banned again. NO I DON'T TRUST LE. No I don't trust BW!! and I DON'T TRUST every PI either. C U in a couple of days if I get banned again.

Love to get an actual date for every bit of road work done on Saint Landry in May of 2012.

If you do a google search, you can see that Lafayette PD has come under fire recently over several controversial incidents. I see no reason for them to add to the department's problems by publishing photos of a victim in the act of being run over, yet all the while claiming this victim is a missing person. If LPD wants to restore the public's trust in them, this would be the last thing they would do. (and, with all the internal strife in LPD, I think a "source" within the dept would have already leaked this abomination to the press) IMO

Hi, all WS.........Dont know if this has been said before...buutttt...as we all know...much time has been spent on the Pics....due to little info. Has anyone broke down each and every word from LEs response and other official sources to see if there may be clues.... or try to really read between the lines to give us a new direction of thought that may lead us to more info and brainstorming from the WS brainstormers. ??
???? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

PS I am not the best at forming or spelling words correct.... sorry for those that care ....just trying to help like all you ....Thanks IAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02