LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UL has a high rate of foreign students. School had been out for about 2 weeks. Just because someone is a foreigner doesn't give LE a right to question them all. Why should they be treated any different than any other student?
-----------
Exactly, why should they be treated any different than any other student?

UL has a high rate of foreign students. School had been out for about 2 weeks. Just because someone is a foreigner doesn't give LE a right to question them all. Why should they be treated any different than any other student?

I agree. This case should not be about color, race or nationality. It should only be about finding Mickey.

Ok - this is the only thing that has made any sense to me so far about why the LE is being so quiet, why the full video hasn't been released, and why (a question I asked many threads ago but was answered that it wasn't really any big deal) the still shots they did show are cropped differently.

I am going to move forward believing that this is the scenario:

1. POI's Car/truck is parked in the parking lot across from the Circle K

2. Mickey bikes past.

3. Car pulls out and does whatever it does with Mickey (Bumps her? gets her to stop somehow? etc).

4. Z71 White truck (who was following behind mickey and facing away from intersection in its picture) witnesses this and the reason it has on it's break lights in the picture is because it has to stop because of what is happening off camera but in front of it on Landry. OR, it has it's breaks on because there is a vehicle (the POI) in that parking lot with it's lights on (which would explain the weird light no one can really seem to explain) that is about to turn out of the parking lot in front of it and do whatever it does to Mickey?
Coming to these conclusions answers all of the questions I've had up to this point about the weird way LE has handled the video and dealt with not releasing more information and detail, not to mention some weird things in the pictures that just don't seem to make sense. I'm praying that LE has a lot more info that they haven't shared and it's related to an actual POI or VOI. ( And well, because really they haven't shared anything that could help the public bring an end to this case).

On another note: could the reason the LE has let us all stay confused about the white trucks in the pictures and not clarifying which is which is because there are actually three different white trucks and the one that we believe is time stamped 1:51 is the POI or VOI (that theoretically was parked in the parking lot across the street from the circle K) and it's to their advantage to let us think it's been ruled out?

Just thinking out loud here.

BBM. I think that the truck needed to brake because the perp tried to pull out of the lot to follow MS and didn't see the DWT truck coming up so fast. They waited for DWT to pass, then pulled out. DWT passed MS who was riding on ST Landry, perp came up and bumped her back tire to disable her. LE would want to talk to DWT to see if they can confirm anything about the possible perp and if they might have seen the bump, which I doubt.

You are right, it cost about 410.00. It was easy enough to find on google.

It is what I would consider a higher end Schwinn, but not a Trek or specialized. Not to say it's a bad bike but it's not expensive in a glaringly obvious way.

It's the type of bike I typically consider a good solid commuter bike. It's well made enough to be comfy, but not flashy.

It was stated somewhere early on her bike was worth about $2000. There is only one other like it in Lafayette. You should have been around sooner to correct the error.

It's definitely very cool, every time my husband and I are in town, we go just so I can swoon over the merchandise. The owner and my husband went to school and graduated together, very cool guy. He and his wife were at the benefit concert for Mickey.

I will definitely check it out next time I go home.

I live close to UL and know all the areas well so I don't need to see your pictures, but thanks anyway ;)

I have been here since May. I am trying to find out when Chief Craft commented that there was video of bicycles where exactly he is speaking of. He was talking about video from inside a building. This is the info I am seeking.
Does anyone know? A.C. I ?

Boudin,

That was directed at some of the newcomers talking there being alot of houses on her route. I was combining two responses in 1 post:)

Recycled Cycles is the hipster bike shop in town that all of the college kids go to. I don't know what shops she frequented, but I'm willing to bet this is one of them. It's right in downtown Lafayette and the owners are young and popular as well.

Thanks for your response.

I live in Lafayette close to UL & downtown. I have been to Recycled Cycles. I just don't get the assumption of "the type of place a girl
like Mickey would go to."
Is that implying that only college students would go there or poor people or vegans or what? Why is it the type of place Mickey would go to? Does she frequent other recycle stores like Salvation Army or Goodwill? I don't understand why the person who stated that felt like it was a place Mickey would go to.

It was stated somewhere early on her bike was worth about $2000. There is only one other like it in Lafayette. You should have been around sooner to correct the error.

watch it now, some people could consider that a wee bit snappy, and maybe I was. I just did not think the value of the bike was relevant to the case. After all, it's about a missing girl who happened to be riding home.

:maddening:
I've heard about this conversation with a friend. Practically nothing is what I've heard. This case is mostly about the silence. What I'd like to see is a transcript of the conversation, and some kind of background on why this is the special person that gets the 1:30am 'boy that Taco Bell was delicious' call. Mickey eats like she rides...hella fast.

BW told us the conversation was that Ashley friend called his phone or mutual friend with Ashley, headed to or towards Mel's Diner and invited them while in the drive-thru, BW's phone dies. Ashley then calls Mickeys phone to continue, and persist on the invitation. Mickey states they are having taco bell, conversation continues until BW's house, then she gets a text, approximately 1:31. BW does not identify source text to us...she leaves at 1:45 to go home.

It was mentioned earlier that (rumor) someone possibly saw a guy riding a bicycle alongside MS that night. Can't sleuth anyone on here but maybe a good male friend may have gotten on his bike to catch up to her??????

I have been trying to look at this case with logic and understanding of the few facts. I just realized that using" my logic" is wrong. The perp who took MS will have a different logic than I do, a different level of empathy, and belief in others rights.

I will not be able to make sense of this perp's motivations and actions. They would not react the way I would to a situation. A precieved put down or injustice might linger with this perp for a long time and grow in their mind.

Here is an out of the box theory that seems like a long shot to me but what if:
-This perp has spent a lot of time reading comics-----ie batman...
-Perp is a gamer who wanted to take a game into real life ,and/or likes to mess
with people's heads with mind games.
This theory occurs to me because of the pac man graffiti and BW's bike being taken
only to be hidden in a cemetary near his home. Think "Game Over" and"ghost w a bow and cemetary.

If the perp's profie fits the above I would think this person would be very into fb and other social sites, would want to read how their actions were messing with people's minds. This person may make comments on these sites to further mess with minds and confuse or anger people, or drop hints or lead people off course.

I know this is really speculating but if this perp sees themself as "The Gamer" they may not want Batman on the case.

The original MSRP for her bike was 410.00.
I believe she would, fixed gear riders are usually into that sort of thing. I own a 2,500 bike, a four hundred dollar bike rack, but live in Manitou Springs, Co ( look it up) and recycle anything I can. IMO vintage bikes especially restored ones have a cool factor to them that would appeal to a person who would care enough to bike instead of drive.

I just looked at their site. They do custom builds($$$$$) and offer many high end brands.
Maybe that's where she got her bike from. I don't know. I don't know a lot about high end bikes. I recycler myself, mine usually come from garage sales. :)
I didn't question the cost. Just because I don't buy $50k cars doesn't mean they don't exist!

I bet it's beautiful where you live!

because if we didn't have the hair, we wouldn't have positive ID. Mickey is not shown in the Taco Bell drive through, but her crebit card made an appearance.
We can agree there was a passenger. we put a lot of time into 3 grainy stills.
It was a lucky thing for those last seen with Mickey that there is video of her at 1:48am, May19th.

Do you think it is someone wearing a curly blonde wig, wearing Mickey's clothes on the video stills?

I'm really unsure of what point you are trying to make. Mickey told her friend Ashley that she and Brettly had gone to TB, so that is a fact.

I've heard about this conversation with a
friend. Practically nothing is what I've heard. This case is mostly about the silence. What I'd like to see is a transcript of the conversation, and some kind of background on why this is the special person that gets the 1:30am 'boy that Taco Bell was delicious' call. Mickey eats like she rides...hella fast.

Police don't have to release a transcript of the call! They have phone records to show that the call was placed, they have interviewed BW (who says the call was received and was able to report Mickey's side of the conversation) and they have interviewed Ashley. BTW, we have known from the first information released that Mickey RECEIVED the call. She didn't call anyone to say "boy that Taco Bell was delicious."

Mickey was an Anthropology major. Break was beginning. Am I wrong in thinking that there were foreign exchange students, or visitors on campus who may have observed her? Have they been cleared?

There are a ton of foreign exchange students at UL. I don't know that any of them were interviewed by LE. There doesn't seem to be anyone saying that any of them were around the area that evening.

----------
Um, I'm the one who originally posted that it was obvious that stills were released from the video -- many threads, pages ago...

Yep, you sure did. We all were calling them photos, even though LE said they were taken from video when they released the stills, they also told us they'd enhanced the stills......and here is kgeaux, still calling them photos!

Concentric can lead kgeaux to the water, lol, but the water just goes over kgeaux's head sometimes!

watch it now, some people could consider that a wee bit snappy, and maybe I was. I just did not think the value of the bike was relevant to the case. After all, it's about a missing girl who happened to be riding home.

Sorry if I appeared snappy. I should have put a smiley there.
But seriously-if the bike is only worth $400 then several people, myself included, have been fooled. :(

With all due respect, you honestly think LE would release a photo to the public of a young girl getting ran over by a truck? With no details and no urgency in finding this truck?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I argue with myself about this daily. I could be wrong and I actually hope that I am but a devil's advocate would say, it IS possible that the footage LE has is not any clearer or they would have released a clearer image. LE then released it without realizing what the photo showed? Not likely, but possible. It took us quite a while before we saw anything suspect here and that was by many seasoned video/photo editors. The video could also very well be the type that takes a photo every second or few instead of continuous and the resolution may be so terrible that the video experts don't see her hit or put into the truck. It's possible. IMO I can't let go of the fact that looks very much like her bike light, not her, but her bike light. However, I am adamant that her, or a different cyclist that resembles her stature, hair color and fits the timeline is riding on the opposite side of the street in the Hooptie on St. Landry photo. So, if I believe she is on her bike and riding it, further down St. Landry it can't be her bike under the truck in the LCG photo, can it? It also baffles me that some can plainly "see her under the truck" but can't see her in this photo. Our eyes deceive us. To answer your question, with my own opinion, I don't think LE purposelywould release it truly knowing what it shows, no.

Attachments

• Filmstrip225ST.jpg
    Filmstrip225ST.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 56
Is there anything new? This is thread No. 30. I never understand how people latch onto one case. But this one seems to be important to a lot of people. That's unbelievable dedication. I hope some of you are able to help with other missing people. There are many of them.

The original MSRP for her bike was 410.00.
I believe she would, fixed gear riders are usually into that sort of thing. I own a 2,500 bike, a four hundred dollar bike rack, but live in Manitou Springs, Co ( look it up) and recycle anything I can. IMO vintage bikes especially restored ones have a cool factor to them that would appeal to a person who would care enough to bike instead of drive.

I just looked at their site. They do custom builds($$$$$) and offer many high end brands.

Completely O/T..but wanted you to know that my family is praying about the wildfire that is threatening your community, as well as others!

Is there anything new? This is thread No. 30. I never understand how people latch onto one case. But this one seems to be important to a lot of people. That's unbelievable dedication. I hope some of you are able to help with other missing people. There are many of them.

She is local. Right now, I'm dedicating myself just to her case.

Do you think it is someone wearing a curly blonde wig, wearing Mickey's clothes on the video stills?

I'm really unsure of what point you are trying to make. Mickey told her friend Ashley that she and Brettly had gone to TB, so that is a fact.

Police don't have to release a transcript of the call! They have phone records to show that the call was placed, they have interviewed BW (who says the call was received and was able to report Mickey's side of the conversation) and they have interviewed Ashley. BTW, we have known from the first information released that Mickey RECEIVED the call. She didn't call anyone to say "boy that Taco Bell was delicious."

There are a ton of foreign exchange students at UL. I don't know that any of them were interviewed by LE. There doesn't seem to be anyone saying that any of them were around the area that evening.

Yep, you sure did. We all were calling them photos, even though LE said they were taken from video when they released the stills, they also told us they'd enhanced the stills......and here is kgeaux, still calling them photos!

Concentric can lead kgeaux to the water, lol, but the water just goes over kgeaux's head sometimes!

You're all going to laugh at me now, but it has entered my head more than a couple of times that someone *who shall remain nameless* and was of small stature, donned a curly blonde wig and rode Mickey's bike just to provide the perfect alibi (knowing that cameras would track her), then went off camera to a parked vehicle and dumped the bike at WB. I know what you're thinking - she's flipped her lid, but at this point in time, with no new info or leads known to us, I'm looking at every possibility. Truth is often stranger than fiction, and this would be very, very strange! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3