LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell, I lied. I'm still here, because something just occurred to me.

Does anyone know or remember when the reward went to $25,000? The sign that is taped out there near where the bike was found is apparently one with that amount on it, which means that the sign went up later in the week... and if the bike was already there, then they might have seen it when putting the flier up, right? So, wouldn't that help narrow down when the bike may have been dumped?

Also, I can't find video of it, but something about what a previous poster said about the flier being taped up as part of a "game" had me wondering... most of the fliers I've seen in the area are being taped up with patterned duct tape -- the one taped up here at my apartment complex had a balloon pattern on it instead of the general silver. So was that flier near the bike done in silver duct tape or patterned? Can the people who put the fliers up be asked if they know who might have done that one?

Sorry, random as all get out, but it's something that crossed my mind earlier. I'll get outta here now.

When I was young and still frequented nightclubs, before I would leave my father gave me the same speech: "Be aware of your surroundings at all times." It's something that's stuck with me my entire life. (Even now as an adult he still tells me that whenever I go anywhere.) But I do agree, once you are in a place that is familiar and feel safe it's easy to forget those words.

I have two young boys, and I'm pretty sure that they will be hearing that advice from me in the future. Thanks for passing that along.

Does anyone know or remember when the reward went to $25,000? The sign that is taped out there near where the bike was found is apparently one with that amount on it, which means that the sign went up later in the week... and if the bike was already there, then they might have seen it when putting the flier up, right? So, wouldn't that help narrow down when the bike may have been dumped?

Also, I can't find video of it, but something about what a previous poster said about the flier being taped up as part of a "game" had me wondering... most of the fliers I've seen in the area are being taped up with patterned duct tape -- the one taped up here at my apartment complex had a balloon pattern on it instead of the general silver. So was that flier near the bike done in silver duct tape or patterned? Can the people who put the fliers up be asked if they know who might have done that one?

Sorry, random as all get out, but it's something that crossed my mind earlier. I'll get outta here now.

Good point!! All fliers I've seen are brightly colored tape and such. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

My son attends Westminster. He was writing in cursive in pre-k! Not all of our schools suck.

Just passed the circle K on st. Landry. Cop in the parking lot casually chatting with a store clerk outside....white chevy z71 pulled up (and left shortly after) right beside him. Never even gave it a glance. Needle in a haystack

I find that extremely disturbing. Needle in a haystack, yes, but it's a vehicle being looked for it that area!

My son attends Westminster. He was writing in cursive in pre-k! Not all of our schools suck.

Oh, I totally agree. While my daughter's school can't proofread letters being sent home, she was reading on a sixth grade level at the end of second grade this year. Of course, they were learning multiplication and there was an ESL student in her class from overseas who learned how to multiply in Kindergarten in her home country. Wow! But, none of this is related to Mickey, so I digress.

I was on GLP up until a couple days ago. There was someone that seemed to have ALOT of information and it was creeping me out. I asked, In so many words, How they knew so much etc....Within 1 hour, my IP address was banned and has been banned since...

I was on GLP up until a couple days ago. There was someone that seemed to have ALOT of information and it was creeping me out. I asked, In so many words, How they knew so much etc....Within 1 hour, my IP address was banned and has been banned since...

After reading the posts there, I am really creeped out.

I didn't want to say anything, but you are absolutely right. Non-locals following our local media... for the most part, prepare to remain unimpressed.

LOL LOL

I'm an English teacher. These days I live in a constant state of Unimpressed. :what:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Above I posted a link that helped me understand WS better, its about what can and can't be posted. Just a fy just noticiced several newbies tonight and though this might help.

Also, that person that seems to be posting info like they're inthe know has claimed to be a psychic elsewhere. I will not link where because its not allowed. But if it were me I wouldnt call le.

LOL LOL

I'm an English teacher. These days I live in a constant state of Unimpressed. :what:
It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. (Which I did for what seemed like forever but was actually only 18 years.)

GLP had a poster a year or so ago who claimed MUCH inside info re: Kyron, and had most of the forum believing him/her. Incredibly detailed stuff. But it was eventually revealed to be a woman in another state with no links whatsoever, clearly a very disturbed individual. Anyway, as far as I can tell, that site is a magnet for conspiracy theorists. JMO

I'm sitting at work with nothing else to do but obsess over this site and listen to the Lafayette pd radio transmissions through an iPhone app. I can't help but notice, no calls to dispatch to check license plates for white pick ups. If I was riding around in a cop car I would call in every truck matching that discription and getting addresses to see who lives in the area in question....or is there a database they can type a vehicle description into and pull up names and addresses in an area and then compare those names against the RSO database? Surely there must be...

The area where they found Mickey's bike is a completely desolate and creepy place. Back in the early 90s my husband and I were coming back from a convention in Baton Rouge when I got suddenly sick and we had to pull over off that exit. It was a matter of an emergency and I couldn't make it to the next exit to a restroom. It's an experience i will never ever forget. There were tall weeds and trash strewn all over the place, old bottles, cans, tires...you name it and it was dumped there, so totally disgusting and eerie looking!!! Needless to say it smelled and looked like a dead animal not far from where we stopped. I hurried up and got back in the car as fast as I could. After we got home I told others about our sudden stop off at that exit and they seemed to know about this spot. Seems like this would have been one of the first places they would have searched. If indeed a body would be hidden there ( God forbid!!!) It would be extremely difficult to canvas that complete area. The fishermen coming upon the bike was pure luck. But I am still praying and hoping for a good outcome for Mickey and her family!!

I think that I saw the car you guys are talking about at Albertsons on Ambassador about 3 weeks ago. I got the willies from someone in the store and after I got in my vehicle, I noticed him walk out and get into a beaten up/falling apart land yacht. I just *cannot* remember if it was that dark of a tan, or much lighter. Same body style though. The other issue is that the driver was Caucasian. *shrug*

I've been lurking for the past few days and the post about the car jolted my memory.

What about him gave you the willies?

Jbigg, they may be using a different frequency. I'm sure they are aware that many people are hooked up to the scanner right now.

_______

In other news, I just read through some stuff of the GLP forum. Those people are a bunch of whack jobs. I don't know what's real and what's make believe over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx