LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well it's not the right area code. How can a local not know it's 337 and not 333?

Mental/Typing error. Be careful not to see consiracies that aren't there.

See how I just left a letter out of "conspiracies?"

Hey everyone. It's been a hell of a weekend. Emotionally draining. Seeing my SIL break down, the worry on everyone's faces, Mickey's beautiful face all over posters, it's all bizarre and surreal and incredibly sad. I don't know what to think about the bike being found where it was. I was like 22 I think during the DTL stuff, but I had no idea that was where he brought victims. But I know I've always gotten creepy vibes from WB.

On another note, the volunteers have been awesome. We helped move operations on Saturday and in 15 minutes 3 trailers and 2 trucks had been unloaded, and an hour later everything was sorted. Last night at the benefit show, the vibe was so positive, but you could just see the sadness in people's eyes. It's been amazing to see my old community step up and really do awesome work, they are all so worried for her.

Where is Mickey? :(

I just read a news article where Mickey's Mom is quoted as saying since the discovery of the bike she now believes Mickey was involved in an accident. The police are not releasing the exact location (on water, water's edge or dry land) or condition of the bike, but that is a telling statement. The family saw the bike and something must have prompted her to believe Mickey was involved in an accident. The question is was it a drunk driver that hit her and panicked or did someone intentionally run her down to knock her off balance and grab her? I imagine we're going to be hearing a lot more pretty soon. Also, if the bike was found in the water it could have been dumped somewhere else - that is a tidal area and, in fact, the media reported yesterday that they could not put divers in the water due to the strong current. At least they did find the bike and I'm sure they are looking in every direction any clues associated with the bike are pointing them. The good news is this - IF the bike is damaged they may very well be able to get paint samples of the vehicle that hit it and can then track down the make/model/year of the vehicle, assuming the vehicle has original paint and hasn't been customized. That would help tremendously and possibly point to one of the 3 suspect vehicles. Thank God investigators have something to work with, now. Praying for Mickey's safe return and remaining hopeful in the face of staggering odds.

I can't help wondering if Mom is just hoping against hope that this was a simple accident...the only way she can justify the bike being found. I don't know if it for sure means the bike is damaged...JMO

Ok, well it's not the right area code. How can a local not know it's 337 and not 333?

See the previous post. I'd be willing to bet money the person was exhausted and typed in a hurry. I do that all the time.

Brettly answers the emails that go to findmickeyshunick@yahoo.com, so I believe he is responsible for the updates on the website, and most likely facebook as well.

I sent the GLP posts last night to that email, and he wrote back this morning "Call the tip line at 333-291-8633. We cannot accept tips via email" WHICH IS THE WRONG NUMBER! It says on the website findmickeynow.com, "If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Lafayette Police at 337-291-8633 or email findmickeyshunick@yahoo.com". Why would this dude give me the wrong number to report a tip?

Something's fishy here. I doubt he accidentally typed 3 instead of a 7 considering 3 is quite far from a 7 on a keyboard. Perhaps he doesn't want the police to know about those GLP posts for some reason due to one of them mentioning he knows more than what he's saying...
Where can I read about the police officer stating that Brettly knows more than what he is stating? Was this in an interview yesterday? TIA

Volunteer was tired. Typed "333" instead of "337." It was a mental slip - wouldn't read much into it. The police are staffing that number with ONE person. When I called about my boat search, she couldn't even talk with me long enough to take down the details - the phone was ringing off the hook - she had to have a detective call me back later.

I called, but no one picked up. I guess their super busy. I don't understand why they don't take email tips

I haven't lived in Lafayette for three years but lived there my entire life. We used that boat dock all the time in high school and college to get in the basin but I'm not sure if it's still used since it's been several years since I've utilized that dock. That being said, Memorial Day weekend would have been a very busy weekend for that dock, with cars parked all the way back to the on-ramp of I-10.

*If* that dock is still used like it was back in the day, and *if* the perp wanted to play a diversion game, it seems to me that it was a good weekend to drop the bike there for surely it would have been noticed.

Just a thought.

See the previous post. I'd be willing to bet money the person was exhausted and typed in a hurry. I do that all the time.
I didn't see the typo either but manlet, can you imagine the sheer amount of emails they are wading through?

Where can I read about the police officer stating that Brettly knows more than what he is stating? Was this in an interview yesterday? TIA

A police officer didn't say that. On GLP some guy has been giving "matter of fact" statements about Mickey since 5/21 regarding her disappearance. He gave details that she was abducted by a white truck and the bike was thrown in the back before the police or the media showed us security camera photos of the white truck that might of abducted her.

I mentioned this last night, in the previous thread, but does anyone know or remember when the reward was upped to $25,000? The flier posted near where the bike was found seems to be a more recent one, with that total on it, so I'm wondering if maybe the sign could have been posted before the bike was dumped there, if the bike was easily visible.

I don't know if there's anything to it, but I was just trying to see if maybe we can establish a time frame in which the bike might have been put there.

I mentioned this last night, in the previous thread, but does anyone know or remember when the reward was upped to $25,000? The flier posted near where the bike was found seems to be a more recent one, with that total on it, so I'm wondering if maybe the sign could have been posted before the bike was dumped there, if the bike was easily visible.

I don't know if there's anything to it, but I was just trying to see if maybe we can establish a time frame in which the bike might have been put there.

I posted an updated flier on my FB page as soon as the reward went up to 25K, and the date on that post is May 23.

Responding to someone asking about the "Cadillac."
True, law enforcement has not called it a Cadillac.

I'm the one who was calling it a Cadillac. I'm an old-car buff and I know my old cars very well. I have taken a good amount of time comparing the car in the surveillance vid to images of old cars, looking at the fine points. I'd lay $100 on the table right now that it's a Cadillac. I'd also lay $75 that specifically it's a 1979-'86 Fleetwood Brougham or an '87-'89 Brougham. Those were the only big four-doors Caddy made that match that surveillance vid.

To be more detailed, from '78 on back the rear windshield was bigger. And from '90 to '92 (the last year the land yacht was made), the vinyl top in back extended forward to encircle the rear quarter of the rear side windows. Had it been a '90-'92, you would have seen the same whitish color that already is reflected, extending forward. It clearly does not.

I would offer to law enforcement that I am pretty certain of my ID of the Cadillac. There is a very slight chance that it's an Oldsmobile Delta 98. But those are very very rare, and many of them did not have the vinyl top, which the car in the surveillance video does. For every Olds Delta 98 on the road, you will find 10 of the Caddys. Either way, the body was the same. you're looking for that big, boxy, classic 4-door Caddy look. Now, I do believe I have seen ONE Olds 98 of that vintage in town. But only one.

Everyone in town needs to keep a sharp eye out for the beat-up Caddy. The one I saw was beige/tan, I think. I'm going to be looking for it.

I posted an updated flier on my FB page as soon as the reward went up to 25K, and the date on that post is May 23.

Then, going off of the assumption that the bike was easier to spot (not completely covered up), then is it safe to say that the sign went up before the bike was left there? Meaning it's only been there since Wednesday, after the rain we had earlier in the week, right? Or, the sign was posted by the perp as a "lookit lookit lookit!" type of thing, but again, done sometime Wednesday, if not later?

I'm sure LE has already taken that into consideration, though.

I still doubt it was a traffic accident just because a hit and run driver will typically just speed off instead of further incriminating themselves by messing around with the victime and possibly leaving evidence/get caught on camera.

But lets say it was and the person DID panic and picked up her and the bike. I can see them then leaving her and the bike down there as they leave town. And then injured, and at night, it would be possible for her to wander off and get lost in the basin before succumbing to her injuries.

But i still doubt the hit and run idea. Most plausible is a stupid criminal who just tried to ditch some evidence in the basin.

Then, going off of the assumption that the bike was easier to spot (not completely covered up), then is it safe to say that the sign went up before the bike was left there? Meaning it's only been there since Wednesday, after the rain we had earlier in the week, right? Or, the sign was posted by the perp as a "lookit lookit lookit!" type of thing, but again, done sometime Wednesday, if not later?

I'm sure LE has already taken that into consideration, though.

The time frame may even be later than Wednesday. I remember that a couple hours after I posted the flier, I read a post by the Mickey Shunick FB page that the reward was being capped at 20K. I was going to remove it but kept seeing conflicting information, and then sometime later I saw that the official reward was 25. So I'm not sure if the people posting fliers had the 25K information, or the 20K. Sorry, I wish I could be more definite, but there has been a lot of "leaked" information on Facebook and then the admin(s) of the Find Mickey Shunick website trying to take it back. I'll try to do some digging, slow work day today. I think I'm the only person I know who has to work today anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches