LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that has been my thought all along, I posted the possibility of a connection with an "unrelated" local event on GLP and was banned for it last week, which brought me here. now as more evidence comes in including the bike being found, my original theory seems even more plausible. I have remained silent because my theory is not one that has been discussed at all and is no the main stream belief but still seems most likely to me... i'm not saying my theory is right compared to all discussed, but it is different and most plausible... still. I have put a lot of "internet" investigation into this theory... shall i continue?

.............................b u m p........................................

Some women :angel: get married, even twice, without changing their name. I've even heard of men (rare) who change their name (altho usually they do the hyphenated thang).

Mickey's mother's last name seems irrelevant...it's been stated by locals that Mickey lives with her parents.

:waitasec:

Why don't you say what you really mean?

Because you already called the occupants of the beat-up car probable gang-bangers, and that they were probably armed.

So who are these people that you would like to be profiled that aren't?

Because as soon as people start complaining about political-correctness, it is pretty obvious what they are really talking about. So I'm sorry that the younger generation doesn't hold dear the same stereotypical nonsense that is apparently oh so valuable to you. But if you really want to call a spade a spade, this case has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness, you obviously just wanted an excuse to interject your personal political euphemisms into this terrible tragedy.

I said exactly what I meant. I thought I said it clearly.

My use of the word gang-bangers was accurate. If you were able to ask anyone in local LE they would agree with me. It is what it is and I push no agenda in saying so. They know it and I know it. Several locals here know it also.

I have had this same discussion with kids in the 20-30 age range without the challenge you've issued.

What is it that you really meant to say?

Just my :twocents: and then I'm moving on. Yes, we all know that it wasn't really safe to ride a bike in that neighborhood at 2 AM. But don't we all do things that are pretty unsafe? It's pretty unsafe to get onto the interstate in your vehicle--plenty of people wreck and die. But when they do, even if they were in the wrong, it's considered pretty tacky to say "he/she should have known better."

Mickey was an adult, and by all accounts she had make this trip numerous times. She felt safe. Falsely, maybe, but I don't think she should be treated like a child who should have been kept at home against her will, and it isn't helping anything to say things that vent your frustration on her rather than on the unknown perp who deserves it.

Are you looking at the east facing camera or the west facing one? The eastbound camera shows the water between the spans.

just saw in FB - ay 28, 2012 12:33 p.m.

The case of missing ULL student Mickey Shunick caught the eye of police investigators in Bloomington, Indiana. That's because they see similarities between this case and one they worked roughly one year ago.

The Bloomington, Ind. case involved the abduction of Lauren Spierer, a 20-year-old woman whose physical description is very similar to that of Mickey Shunick. Spierer is described as 4'11" tall and roughly 90 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen on the morning of June 3, 2011 walking in Bloomington after a night of partying with friends.

In the case of Spierer, Police identified a white truck that was driving suspiciously in the area around the time that Spierer went missing. However, they later determined a discrepancy between the video camera and the reason why the truck appeared to go by twice.

So, the bike was located down there close to where the traffic cam footage is showing?

Ok, I'll just sit back and wait for a marked location on a map lol, cause I'm not finding it.

I don't think this will help much, but it's a different view of the 'area' Mickey's bike was found. It was just tweeted by a WAFB TV news anchor.

https://twitter.com/#!/CherylMercedes

Cheryl Mercedes ‏@CherylMercedes
Multi-agency search at Whiskey Bay. This is where detectives say fishermen found Mickey Shunick's bicycle.

https://p.twimg.com/AuAA9hgCQAA4X5r.jpg:large

Edit: The photo seemed too big (blows the margins of the forum) So I just included a link to the photo instead.

And again, where's the water? I was under the impression it was in the immediate area right below the exit ramp where the bike was found under the bridge..Sorry to harp on this but so far I still don't have an answer.
Look at this link previously posted:

http://hb.511la.org/multicamera.jsp?view1id=9188&view1name=I-10%20@%20Whiskey%20Bay%20%28facing%20East%29%20&view2id=9189&view2name=I-10@%20Whiskey%20Bay%20%28facing%20West%29&current_view=1

And flip from East to West...very enlightening.

On the West view, you can see the entrance/exit ramps of I-10.

OT, but just wanted to say I love you avatar, Lifted. <3 Elliott Smith

New thread coming, probably within the hour.

Remember: if you need to ask a mod a question about one of your posts or someone else's, click on the red exclamation point at upper right of that post, then type in question in the box on the subsequent screen.

I agree with you. We're talking about a psychopath who abducted a woman right in a city! I don't think he would be the least bit put off dumping her bike off a ramp or driving down to the surface road and calmly placing it with the trash. This is a cold, cunning, premeditating criminal who thinks he can't get caught.

Let's hope the fishermen didn't move the bike - it doesn't sound as if they did. Also, LE would surely take pictures of the bike in the position it was found as evidence. The trash build up surrounding the bike may provide clues as to how long it had been laying there.

Posting those 'no littering' signs sure is a big help -NOT! But if the litter helps determine a timeline for when the bike was dumped, it'll be the first time litter has served a useful purpose.

Good points. I used to ride my bike for exercise through residential areas and down Johnston St. on the bike path. I had to ride at night, after my husband got home and my kids were in bed, and I was always on edge and watching my surroundings--but I've also got a healthy amount of fear of the unknown and am cautious by nature. For someone to get me to stop for them, they would have to clip me or ambush me (on foot, hiding somewhere in the shadows)....I was extremely aware of the cars and activities taking place around me, so I would have been aware if a car was going slow enough to follow me.

The other thing I'm thinking is that BW said Mickey rode against the grain of traffic in his early interviews. That would make it really hard for someone to hit her from behind on accident.

BBM
The problem is, the perp did not have to get her 'to stop.' I have seen how they do random bike robberies here in Los Angeles. All they do, essentially, is blindside the bike rider,and then shove them forcefully, right off their bike. In other words, the car drives past the rider, pulls over right in front of them, and the passenger jumps out and shoves them over. It happens really fast and there is literally nothing the rider can do to prepare themselves for it.

Are you looking at the east facing camera or the west facing one? The eastbound camera shows the water between the spans.

I first looked at the west facing camera..I did see the water on the east facing view..What I'm asking about now is what link is showing "LE & a boat on the water" in 'real time' from the DOT site..TIA!

eta..Also, this link below is showing under the bridge where the bike was found but I don't see any water in the immediate area..I explained my issue with this in another post.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...89875161_n.jpg

Ok, Rowe appears to be her maiden name, which she uses on FB, I know some women do that. I have only seen her called Nancy Shunick in previous news, but it looks like the latest ones are calling her Rowe now. Both Tom and Nancy's FB relationship status says they are married, to each other. Shrug.

Rest of story from FB -
Although the cases do seem at first glance to have striking similarities, the Lafayette Police Department does not feel the two cases are connected at this time.

"They contacted us and we did share information pertaining the two cases," Cpl. Paul Mouton, Lafayette Police Department, explained. "We currently do not think the two are related, but we are looking at the information they provided us to see if there are any similarities."

Today the Lafayette Police Department as well as several other law enforcement agencies are focusing efforts in the area where Mickey Shunick's bike was discovered. So far there have been no new developments.

"We're going to be out here as long as it takes for us to find something," Cpl. Mouton, noted.

I'd like to hear your theory.

I'd like to hear your theory.

there are few facts available to us, but seem to be many "facts" based on assumptions.

the white truck theory seems to be a plausible one based on what we are shown and told...

many (internet) people closely examining video captures for any detail... while having just one more frame to interlace could enhance detail by as much as 100%.... (they) will have these frames...

FBI brought in early for a missing persons case certainly lends to a possible stalker/predator connection.

many people here have "done their homework" and are more familiar with this type of puzzle than i am so take what i say with a grain of salt.

available pics place in a certain order implicate white truck...
has or would the media ever release only certain pics or mix up an order to get you to see it how "they" want you to..? could white truck 1 be just running a late night food run, white truck 2 be a passerby and hooptie be out scoring a dime bag and all three are unrelated... could be... or could be not...
I will say, in the order the pics are presented, truck 1 could have turned left and should have been on camera of truck 2 at about that time... "we" cannot go by the timestamps because we dont know how far off the times on the camera were from actual time... they do.

i have been following along since the beginning when there was nothing to go on but did not actively look into it because following a missing persons case on the net is not my thing, no disrespect to the family, i am a father and this whole thing disgusts me to the core.

to me, one of my theories was obvious and involved the possibility of somebody leaving a bar because of the timing of last call and her last known sighting... this is days before released pics... when there was nothing to go on. then i hear someone say there was a dwi checkpoint nearby that night "possibly routing more intoxicated drivers to parts of her presumed path home" so i google some local bar locations and find a few near her path and one near her house and compare possible exit routs to her presume path... and fin a few bars of interest that line up... thinking this is too obvious... surly "they" would have checked this... an left it at that.

Then I hear there is a shooting in the parking lot of the main bar on my list an look into it. Two male friends arguing about something in the bar, they go outside... friend A grabs a gun from his car and shoots friend B in his car then goes to his car, shoots self in chest... friend A (shooter), a local, and friend B (victim) from out of town whose path would exactly cross hers at points on his way home. this type of crime among buddies seemed odd to me and is just days after this disappearance.

because it seemed obvious and i assumed they checked there first, i remained silent... after her bike being found in a place people are saying was obvious, and "we all assumed they checked there first" i feel maybe i should throw this one out there... still.

friend a or b hits (or abducts) MS after leaving bar that night... days later at the bar again friend a or b tells the other and the other threatens to report it, one shoots the other then shoots self.

it seems the fbi "knows" who they are looking for and always did... or they wouldn't be there at all... but what if it was not what "they" are looking for and it "was" an act of "chance" so this avenue has not fully been explored..? it would seem easy to investigate and discredit... should we "assume" they have?

peace to the family and all involved

Oh, I meant IN may feel stymied (Lauren's case)...not LA (Mickey's case). JMO, IN probably just needs more evidence before arrest(s) will happen. Altho maybe they really think it was someone outside of the many POI's (or are "just" covering all the bases), then maybe that's why they contacted LA (Mickey's case)...I'm not even sure I'm communicating effectively. ;) What if one of those POI's was in LA recently? Gonna stop rampant speculation now.
My fault Cazzie, I was reading too fast and trying to do multiple things at once (one thing at a time stymies me, I should know better!) whilst readying a thread on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this weekend, of all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!