LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the intersection right past Circle K in the direction of Mickey's travel?
Thanks.

Heading west,
Brashear St, (small)
Calder St. (small)
St. Mary Blvd. (medium)

Abandoned Lady of Lourdes hospital on corner of St. Mary and St. Landry.

What is the intersection right past Circle K in the direction of Mickey's travel?
Thanks.

St. Landry and St. Mary intersection. The caddy was approaching it in the picture with the truck.

Heading west,
Brashear St, (small)
Calder St. (small)
St. Mary Blvd. (medium)

Well, not completely abandoned. St. Mary's Imaging center (directly on the corner) is still open. They should have operating cameras now that I think about it.

Heading west,
Brashear St, (small)
Calder St. (small)
St. Mary Blvd. (medium)

Martin & Castille funeral home is on this intersection, do you think they have footage???

We know it was a business (a loan company or something) that caught the white truck on University and we know it was LCG that caught the White truck on St Landry in front of Circle K. What business caught the Caddy in front of those apartments? I ask cause I don't think it was LCG. Those are a little ways down St Landry from LCG. I think it might have snapped the car at Martin & Castille. OR was this already discussed and I just missed it?

Does anyone think it is possible that Mickey turned left after the last video sighting and rode to Johnston then headed back to Artmosphere? Certainly LE has spoken to the people at Artmosphere to find out if Mickey was there at anytime after she was last seen on video??

I notice that the tail lights are blurry but the blur is equally slants and the fish eye warble doesn't throw everything else off at the angle the lights are. And in the second pick I can see that corner is slanted at the same angle without the light blur.

Yeah, I see it too. But look at what the motion has done to the rest of the car... the windows and the front. The angles aren't even all the same as they go down the car. It's tricky. I hear you, but don't quite trust it.

Look at the front of the car in the "good" photo and then look at it in the blurred one. The front is straight in the first, angled in the second. The best thing I see in that photo is the red marker light at the back. It's got a nice horizontal streak, so we know how high up it is. The placement is what needs to be researched.

Mickey did call or text Charlie about going out with her, right? Has it ever been stated when she did that?

We know it was a business (a loan company or something) that caught the white truck on University and we know it was LCG that caught the White truck on St Landry in front of Circle K. What business caught the Caddy in front of those apartments? I ask cause I don't think it was LCG. Those are a little ways down St Landry from LCG. I think it might have snapped the car at Martin & Castille. OR was this already discussed and I just missed it?
I think one of the offices at Square 224 might have had that camera (across from the apartments).

My father had an office there for years and I remember that view as we left his office in the afternoons.

So wouldn't that same camera in the 224 square have more images? I am sure its not a live feed frame by frame. It probably updates every second or something

Howdy folks,

Noob local here. I've been following the threads for a few days. Glad to see everyone coming together as community both on and offline.

Here's my perspective on the car. Initially I thought it to be a frankenstein hooptie with some serious body damage. After googling around and trying a few photo correction tutorials, I have some new thoughts.

VxZHY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VxZHY.jpg

* I'm no expert. I probably distorted the car alot. The paint job is what I wanted show. It's a fairly popular custom paint job (especially on older model Monte Carlo's)

Here's what I did:
- rotated the original image so the curb is on a horizontal path
- removed the curve of the road using a lens distortion filter (tutorial)
- adjusted the contrast (made the dark colors darker and the light colors lighter)

Sorry if all of this has already been addressed, it's been hard keeping up with all the threads. If I had to bet money on it, my guess would be on an late 70's mid 80's Cutlass or Malibu.

I Hope this all makes sense. I think my brain needs a nap after all that googling and fiddling with that software.

I notice that the tail lights are blurry but the blur is equally slants and the fish eye warble doesn't throw everything else off at the angle the lights are. And in the second pick I can see that corner is slanted at the same angle without the light blur.

DUDE, I think the side marker light just cinched it! The "Caddy" is an Olds 98 Regency!! Probably ca. 1983!

Congrats!

Some have touched on this already. I was talking to my wife about this, showed the pics. What are the possibilities that both caddy?/truck were a team and we have 2-3 perps involved here?

Looking at the time, let's assume they are synched. Maybe it was wrong place wrong time, but I think we need to be thinking about the perps(I say perps because this appears to be too fast, too clean to be anything other than an experienced team imo). They could of spotted her at the bar and followed her group, and then followed her? They appear to be on her trail right away from the photo times and time she allegedly left the house.

Or if they may have been watching her for awhile, it has been said she has used the route many of times before. Someone blonde, petite, pretty girl who rides late at night on a major road is going to get noticed. So if we have a stalker in this case, it could be that he had his eye on her for awhile from a distance. Just some things I have been pondering.

Mickey did call or text Charlie about going out with her, right? Has it ever been stated when she did that?

Charlie just stated this on Nancy, but I missed what she said exactly. We can sleuth it on the NG transcript from tonight's show.

So wouldn't that same camera in the 224 square have more images? I am sure its not a live feed frame by frame. It probably updates every second or something
One would assume. From what I remember, there is a stairwell on the front side of the building. It *might* be capturing that area. But the photo must have come from something near the back entrance to the offices (first turnoff into Sq. 224) as it more directly faces that stretch of the apartments. There is a chance that it's coming from 221 (and I can't recall if that's a lawyer's office or what).

Charlie just stated this on Nancy, but I missed what she said exactly. We can sleuth it on the NG transcript from tonight's show.

I have been checking, it is not posted as yet; with the holiday, it will probably be up tomorrow. In fact, really surprised they had a live show today, usually is is a rerun on a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87