LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He knocked her off that bike by hitting her from behind, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, and I'm just hoping that if he did that, he's somewhere taking care of her, but I'm not optomistic about it at this point.

You're not wrong! It was the only way to get her down.

OK everyone so check this out. That Presser le me to believe they have no other photos of her on her bike thus far. Given that, see the photo attached. The shaded blue area was covered by cam, the rest we can't see. There is no photo of her where the Older car was captured in front of those apartments. So if we assume there is no photo of her there because she didn't go there, then where did she go? The green lines are other ways that she could have gone before reaching that camera at the apartment. Ill try to do a better one later, but I'm at work right now.
Green line: Optional Path by Mickey.
Blue area: surveilance views

Attachments

• camera views.jpg
    camera views.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 89
i thought LE said the truck pictured by the cemetery was a different vehicle? i could be wrong, its very hard to follow with all the white trucks...

They've never been clear on what they think about the white trucks.

Hi everyone! Lurker here...:)
Just a quick question...
If she had been hit from behind, wouldn't there be some debris in the road from a broken reflector???

i thought LE said the truck pictured by the cemetery was a different vehicle? i could be wrong, its very hard to follow with all the white trucks...

You've gotta go back about oh, 4-5 pages and read what a person who knows what they are doing with identifying a vehicle had to say, I've been discussing this with him the entire time, but the threads are flying by so fast no one is paying attention to what he says.

Someone could have purposely damaged the back wheel/tire of the bike to make it appear as if it were hit. Just because there is damage doesn't mean it was hit with a vehicle in the "beginning" part of this story.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OK everyone so check this out. That Presser le me to believe they have no other photos of her on her bike thus far. Given that, see the photo attached. The shaded blue area was covered by cam, the rest we can't see. There is no photo of her where the Older car was captured in front of those apartments. So if we assume there is no photo of her there because she didn't go there, then where did she go? The green lines are other ways that she could have gone before reaching that camera at the apartment. Ill try to do a better one later, but I'm at work right now.
Green line: Optional Path by Mickey.
Blue area: surveilance views

She HAS to have been abducted in that area. Your green lines are possible routes she may have taken if she got scared. I hope these areas have been gone over with a fine toothed comb.

This was posted on the find mickey fb page and I thought it interesting.

I think I agree with whoever posted that. I was really surprised when they called off the Whiskey Bay search so quickly. I'm hoping that LE is keeping a lot of information under wraps so as to not scare someone off...and maybe that's why the volunteer search was suspended too.

Hi everyone! Lurker here...:)
Just a quick question...
If she had been hit from behind, wouldn't there be some debris in the road from a broken reflector???
Hello and welcome to WebSleuths, Looziana.

She HAS to have been abducted in that area. Your green lines are possible routes she may have taken if she got scared. I hope these areas have been gone over with a fine toothed comb.

Point A and Point B of the white truck, assuming it turned from St. Landry onto University, would not take 3 minutes. Unless they caught the tail end of a red light.

It's been some time since I've been inside that cemetary, but IIRC, yes, there is.

I would think that would definitely be a place to look, esp since she was last seen not far from that area. This is sickening, I know. I am a mother. I lost my 22 year old son 8+ years ago to a MVA. I cannot imagine the grief, agony and pain the family is experiencing with the unknown. Thanks.

Been following these threads for awhile but finally able to post! I'm so excited that I forget half of what I wanted to say! I agree 100% that she was hit from behind. I also think there's a possibility she "knew" in even just a slight way, the person that tapped her and that's why she got in the truck with him. It could have been a stupid joke type trick by tapping her, but all along he had it planned in his head. JMO

You've gotta go back about oh, 4-5 pages and read what a person who knows what they are doing with identifying a vehicle had to say, I've been discussing this with him the entire time, but the threads are flying by so fast no one is paying attention to what he says.

ive read every page, that may be why everything is beginning to jumble together lol. to my untrained eye, the two trucks in front of the gas station are the same truck. the other truck doesnt look like the same truck to me, since i cant see the dark gas compartment cover.

Officials searching for Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick are no longer using volunteers to help find the missing UL student, and police said today that her bike was found under water in the Atchafalaya Basin with damage to its rear tire.

During a news conference this afternoon, Cpl. Paul Mouton, a spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said the bike believed to be Shunick's was damaged. He said the bike was submerged in water, and its rear wheel was damaged. He said the bike is at the state crime lab for further examination.

"We feel that we searched that area enough," Mouton said of the Whiskey Bay area. "We believe the perpetrator went beneath the bridge and dumped the bike."

http://mockforums.net/post-250810.html#pid250810
(only link I have)

Well, it's interesting how LE is STILL calling the person a perpetrator.

If LE thought this was a hit & run turned sour, I would think they would be appealing to the perp's sense of "not being a criminal" and "it was an accident, do the right thing and come forward".

Waiting......:waitasec:

I'm sure this has been posted, but i'm having trouble finding the exact bridge on google maps, anyone got a link?

Officials searching for Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick are no longer using volunteers to help find the missing UL student, and police said today that her bike was found under water in the Atchafalaya Basin with damage to its rear tire.

During a news conference this afternoon, Cpl. Paul Mouton, a spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said the bike believed to be Shunick's was damaged. He said the bike was submerged in water, and its rear wheel was damaged. He said the bike is at the state crime lab for further examination.

"We feel that we searched that area enough," Mouton said of the Whiskey Bay area. "We believe the perpetrator went beneath the bridge and dumped the bike."

http://mockforums.net/post-250810.html#pid250810
(only link I have)

Reposting so everyone sees this (thread is moving fast!)

I wish we could see the videos from about 2 or 3 minutes prior and after MS and the vehicles were seen.

While it is unfortunate, most college students Mickey's age go out and drink "which sometimes results in drunkeness which causes hangovers. By "high risk" I think they are referring to prostitution...all of the victims in Jennings had records of prostitution. I follow the Jennings cases very closely and they are positive that all of the victims know their killer as one of their trusted "tricks."

It's possible the SK could of thought Mickey was a prostitute, being out late on a bike at 2am..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024