LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a Federal agent who we knew very well tell us that if the phone hits the water it quits talking to the nearest tower and all logs end....This is how they find a lot of missing people....
Hi Kenny! I'm so glad you're here! Did LE give your family any information about the 911 caller or the couple who talked to Shane? If so did the family go talk to these people face to face? Praying for Shane to be found!

From Mystic's post at:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

Catching up and lots to digest here so sorry if this has been covered before.

Why do we think the JSPO report contains "closest address 8347 River Rd" then further down "Location: 6700 block River Rd"?

FWIW, I think the attending officer may have been Darea (appears twice on the report)

Also, looking at the timing between Shane's call to Brett (approx. 12:50) and the 911 call at 12:58, combined with the addy of 249 Klein (which appears to be an industrial area as opposed to a residential) .. just wondering if the caller was in a hurry westbound on his way to work and is possibly the reason SF went off the road coming eastbound into that curve.

ETA: I SHOULD NOT post when I'm tired ... obviously the accident had occurred prior to the phone calls, so last paragraph is probably irrelevant. Duh !!

Nitpicking here ... JPSO report at top says "onscene 1:05:01" but further down says "1:08:04 ONSCN". With such a tight timeframe involved, those 3 minutes could become meaningful later.

And thank you for the map newone :)

G'nite folks !!

:eek:fftobed:

After reading this all pretty quick heres my take ..he got in the accident and right away with his adrenaline flowing made the phone calls just then someone pulls up offers him a ride to hospitol and along the way as things often do after a accident you dont know the exstent of your injuries untill u calm down or woarse you die ,he may of looked ok but who knows internal bleeding brain swelling and he goes into a cardiac arrest dies and now this driver maybe intoxicated or just someone with a bad past has a dead body in thier car and decides to do something with the situation like alot of people do they are panicing and do the wrong thing when they would have been fine if they just went to the hospital and explained the situation .but as we know some people maybe like i said maybe he had been drinking and had a past history with the law so he /they panicked and did something stupid......those are my inital thoughts anyway.

After reading this all pretty quick here is my take ..he got in the accident and right away with his adrenaline flowing made the phone calls just then someone pulls up offers him a ride to hospital and along the way as things often do after a accident you don't know the extent of your injuries until u calm down or worse you die ,he may of looked OK but who knows internal bleeding brain swelling and he goes into a cardiac arrest dies and now this driver maybe intoxicated or just someone with a bad past has a dead body in their car and decides to do something with the situation like a lot of people do they are panicking and do the wrong thing when they would have been fine if they just went to the hospital and explained the situation .but as we know some people maybe like i said maybe he had been drinking and had a past history with the law so he /they panicked and did something stupid......those are my initial thoughts anyway.

In this regard,

Were hospital records checked? However, SF may not have even been admitted to the hospital if someone may have offered him a ride. It is possible in this case he was tragically injured much worse than he thought and could have passed away via walking around in a disoriented state, drowning in the river, or on the way to the hospital.

I agree that if offered a ride and this happened, the driver may have made bad or a panicked judgement if SF passed away on the way to the hospital.

From the accident's location where the overturned car was found, what is the closest body of water according to Map sources?

Did Shane have any past problems with the law or intoxication previous to his accident and disappearance?

Satch

Even if he was out on parole, one ''wonders'' aloud if he possessed a scanner and could boogey fast to the scene before LE could attend?

Great sleuthing there Juli99

((some of those comments re access ''lots of land'' were particularly chilling))

First I have heard of this..... I live next door (walking distance) to the land there talking about! I know all these people personally. I'm gonna look into this. Crazy!

About 45 posts back I posted aerial screenshots of the accident site. I can' t tell the correct post number from my phone. The body of water is the Mississippi River.

SB, I'm pretty sure "DAREA" is an abbreviation used by the E911 dispatch system.

I'll pull up that address you asked about in a few minutes.

ETA: I'm going to move posts about the JP deputy to a new thread. I'll post the link here when I'm done.

The thing is though, he turned down help from that couple that stopped, saying that his brother was coming. So what would have changed to cause him to accept a ride from someone else? There was so little time .. it just doesn't make sense.

In this regard,

Were hospital records checked? However, SF may not have even been admitted to the hospital if someone may have offered him a ride. It is possible in this case he was tragically injured much worse than he thought and could have passed away via walking around in a disoriented state, drowning in the river, or on the way to the hospital.

I agree that if offered a ride and this happened, the driver may have made bad or a panicked judgement if SF passed away on the way to the hospital.

From the accident's location where the overturned car was found, what is the closest body of water according to Map sources?

Did Shane have any past problems with the law or intoxication previous to his accident and disappearance?

Satch

About 45 posts back I posted aerial screenshots of the accident site. I can' t tell the correct post number from my phone. The body of water is the Mississippi River.

SB, I'm pretty sure "DAREA" is an abbreviation used by the E911 dispatch system.

I'll pull up that address you asked about in a few minutes.

ETA: I'm going to move posts about the JP deputy to a new thread. I'll post the link here when I'm done.

BBM ... Thank you, Bessie! :)

Hi Kenny! I'm so glad you're here! Did LE give your family any information about the 911 caller or the couple who talked to Shane? If so did the family go talk to these people face to face? Praying for Shane to be found!
We were told about the young couple for weeks.......The 911 caller still hasn't talked to the family...I tried many times to talk to the 911 caller

Brett called Shane. He said so in an interview I watched.

The 911 caller was a male. You can hear a clip of it in one of the videos.

I am wondering how we even know when the accident happened? Is it possible it happened long before Brett called Shane?

Brett had called Shane FIRST....Then Shane called Brett BACK.....The 911 audio we had to buy for $75.00 then the put it on a DVD DISC....When i took the audio off the DVD DISC and put in a audio program you could see that there was cuts in the audio.....When we ask about the breaks and cuts we was told from the police 911 center person that its because we listen to it on a computer.....DIGITAL AUDIO IS DIGITAL AUDIO....This didn't know what he was talking about

We were told about the young couple for weeks.......The 911 caller still hasn't talked to the family...I tried many times to talk to the 911 caller

Hi Kenny .. glad you are here, but sorry that it is under such circumstances.

Do you actually have the 911 caller's name and how have you tried to make contact with him?

Brett had called Shane FIRST....Then Shane called Brett BACK.....The 911 audio we had to buy for $75.00 then the put it on a DVD DISC....When i took the audio off the DVD DISC and put in a audio program you could see that there was cuts in the audio.....When we ask about the breaks and cuts we was told from the police 911 center person that its because we listen to it on a computer.....DIGITAL AUDIO IS DIGITAL AUDIO....This didn't know what he was talking about

$75 ?? Hmm, seems like we're all in the wrong business.

At any time, did you or any member of the family hear the actual, original 911 call from the 911 centre's hard drive BEFORE it was put on DVD for you?

<rsbm>

Thank you Bessie ... I really must learn to speak American :biggrin:

(Oh, "Dispatch Area")

ETA: Another question for Kenny .. Does anyone know the name of the attending officer?

This case of this young man having spoken on the phone to his brother and seemingly coherent, made me think that he very possibly had internal injuries from the accident and possibly not even a head injury. This seems possible to me due to something that I will never forget when I was a receptionist in an ER in the early 1970s. We did not have triage nurses back then. It was a Sunday evening and we got a call we would be receiving 7 young victims of a single car accident. Turned out they were all cousins and had been at a local swimming pool. Their oldest cousin was 45. She was the driver. Sadly 2 were already deceased on arrival to the ER. It was my responsibility to get a medical record set up on all of them. I will never forget the one lady who was the driver. She was complaining of abdominal pain, but was still able and willing to give me all of the information for her cousins' charts like dates of birth, addresses, parents' names, etc. A couple of days later, this lady's obituary was in the newspaper. This reminds me that a person with severe injuries may be able to function seemingly normally before they eventually succumb to their injuries.

Of course, there are some unusual circumstances in the case of Shane that could point to other scenarios. I hope and pray the family will get answers they need and deserve.

Thank you Kenny for being here and helping us out with Shane's case! So sorry it has to be under these painful circumstances! Shane sounds like such a caring and cool person! I have been thinking about his case a lot!

Hoping that your family gets answers and some closure!

Regards,

Satch

From Mystic's post at:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

Catching up and lots to digest here so sorry if this has been covered before.

Why do we think the JSPO report contains "closest address 8347 River Rd" then further down "Location: 6700 block River Rd"?

FWIW, I think the attending officer may have been Darea (appears twice on the report)

Also, looking at the timing between Shane's call to Brett (approx. 12:50) and the 911 call at 12:58, combined with the addy of 249 Klein (which appears to be an industrial area as opposed to a residential) .. just wondering if the caller was in a hurry westbound on his way to work and is possibly the reason SF went off the road coming eastbound into that curve.

ETA: I SHOULD NOT post when I'm tired ... obviously the accident had occurred prior to the phone calls, so last paragraph is probably irrelevant. Duh !!
I was confused by the 8347 River Rd address, too. It's a discrepancy in the satellite location addresses. The first time I tried to pinpoint an address, google turned up 8347. In google earth it was different. I can't explain it, but the actual address is 6700, approximately.

River Rd and Barataria Blvd is the nearest major intersection, so I believe that is why it is shown as the starting point.

Anyway, I marked some of these points on a MAP.

Hi Kenny .. glad you are here, but sorry that it is under such circumstances.

Do you actually have the 911 caller's name and how have you tried to make contact with him?

We had got his name off of that Run sheet they have on these site....This paper gives all time of dispatched emergency equipment and info of 911 caller...We had a family member try calling the 911 caller and he told this person the police told him not to talk to use....FUNNY HA....I tried myself several times even going to his work and he refused to talk....There was some friends of Shane that hired a PI and he was able to talk to him but the story stayed the same...

I was confused by the 8347 River Rd address, too. It's a discrepancy in the satellite location addresses. The first time I tried to pinpoint an address, google turned up 8347. In google earth it was different. I can't explain it, but the actual address is 6700, approximately.

River Rd and Barataria Blvd is the nearest major intersection, so I believe that is why it is shown as the starting point.

Anyway, I marked some of these points on a MAP.

The GPS tells me it at 29.903228 / 90.117298 There is a bend in the road and a pipe crossing the road to levee...This were the wreck site is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada