LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$75 ?? Hmm, seems like we're all in the wrong business.

At any time, did you or any member of the family hear the actual, original 911 call from the 911 centre's hard drive BEFORE it was put on DVD for you?

No we had never been able to listen to tape....We really thought there would be more callers but they say just one person called in....I do know that several cars passed by the wreck that night but nobody called....this seams odd to me...AND WHY PUT THE SMALL AMOUNT OF AUDIO ON A DVD....The police at one time didn't know we had a copy unit we said so....

Kenny, do you know where his shoe was found... and when it was found?

Was someone or the SO chasing him, as in trying to catch up to him?

No doubt pre- impact., impact, and final rest investigation of the vehicle accident scene tells the tale, if done properly and I would expect such from LSP.
Has the family requested and received the accident report? If not, the insurance co. would have it.

What exactly is meant by JPSO pinged his cell phone? Did they actually do that independently or just had documentation of pings from carrier via warrant?

Intoxicated/under the influence drivers can walk long distances.

I have seen them hit a car parked on the shoulder of a major State Highway, completely sever the right front wheel from their vehicle, drive on about 3/4 mile, veer off into a "levee" with a R/R track on top and crash to a stop in the embankment.

Their windshield was badly broken and the little spare change holder in the center console was full of blood.

I drove 2 miles up the Highway to the closest bar that was open that time of night/morning and he was sitting at the bar drinking.

Having run the car license plate and realizing I knew him, I said xxxxx are you ok? He said yes, why? I said you've been in a heck of a wreck, there's struts, bumper, plastic and your right front car tire and rim stewn 3/4 of a mile down the Highway......He said well, you know I do remember a bump.

The point is DUIs can walk away for long distances, but sooner or later they sober up and report the car stolen or are found safe in some way.

No other contact, no other financial transactions, no other signs/evidence of a normal life isn't a good sign. Did this PI talk to the 911 caller?

Kenny, do you know where his shoe was found... and when it was found?

The shoe was found i want to say like either that Sat. or Sunday and it was in the water right were the wreck was...We showed to one of the police that day and he said they would be back to get it but never did till Tuesday of the next week......We had a meeting with the police one day and asked to see the shoe or take a pic of it and they told us NO....They would send us a pic.....

We had got his name off of that Run sheet they have on these site....This paper gives all time of dispatched emergency equipment and info of 911 caller...We had a family member try calling the 911 caller and he told this person the police told him not to talk to use....FUNNY HA....I tried myself several times even going to his work and he refused to talk....There was some friends of Shane that hired a PI and he was able to talk to him but the story stayed the same...

And why do you think the 911 caller refuses to talk to the family? :waitasec:

The shoe was found i want to say like either that Sat. or Sunday and it was in the water right were the wreck was...We showed to one of the police that day and he said they would be back to get it but never did till Tuesday of the next week......We had a meeting with the police one day and asked to see the shoe or take a pic of it and they told us NO....They would send us a pic.....

And did they send a picture?

I think Shane may have walked much farther than anyone thought before succumbing to head//internal injuries. That's why the searches did not find him.

But why he walked off instead of waiting for his brother is a mystery to me. Maybe he did hear police sirens as someone suggested and got scared.

Hi A7, I know this is off topic, but are you by any chance from N Cal? Your communication style and name remind me of a poster on another crime/mystery board I post on occasionally. Cheers.

Hi Snowleopard, no that wouldn't be me.

How do i go about posting pics to the site......I would like to share some pics to give everybody a better idea the area of the wreck....

How do i go about posting pics to the site......I would like to share some pics to give everybody a better idea the area of the wreck....

I wish I could help you with that, Kenny but I'm quite sure SillyBilly can. Please check in again later. :seeya:

You can upload a picture from your computer by clicking on the little paper clip icon on top of the answer field (not the quick answer field below the thread, but the advanced answer field where you get to when you click on 'Post Reply')

OH, KENNY... I am SOOOO glad you are here! I am from New Orleans and have posted on this board (and follow your Facebook page) from long long ago. There are absolutely no words of support I can say to even touch what y'all have been through! My greatest hope is that the Websleuths team uses our investigative reasoning skills to help you find Shane. My next best hope is that you find some energy and support with a fresh set of ears (or eyes, I guess!) who are ready, willing and excited to comb the details with you. I can imagine after 3 years, you all feel beat down with the paths you have been led down. Stay strong and let us help you! I am so glad you are here!!!

@Kenny

When you type your post, make sure you have clicked “Go Advanced”

Above the box where you type, click on the little black Paperclip, then

Click Browse, select the pic from your computer, and click Open

Click Upload

After it has uploaded, you can Browse for another pic to upload, or

Click Close this Window

Submit your post as usual

sb :)

I haven't read back through this thread. So forgive me if I ask questions that were answered a long time ago. I'd like to know about the searches that were done. When were the searches? What was the radius? Who did the searching? What are the chances that Shane's body is still out there waiting to be found? We see cases years after year where a body is found within the search area months or years after the searching has stopped.

Did Shane have insurance? Would a hospital have treated him? Some hospitals have turned away patients without insurance.

The GPS tells me it at 29.903228 / 90.117298 There is a bend in the road and a pipe crossing the road to levee...This were the wreck site is..
Hmm...that's odd. I marked it at the coordinates from the incident report, just slightly east of the overhead pipe, at the edge of the Johns-Manville property.

I haven't read back through this thread. So forgive me if I ask questions that were answered a long time ago. I'd like to know about the searches that were done. When were the searches? What was the radius? Who did the searching? What are the chances that Shane's body is still out there waiting to be found? We see cases years after year where a body is found within the search area months or years after the searching has stopped.

Did Shane have insurance? Would a hospital have treated him? Some hospitals have turned away patients without insurance.

Very good points! I also like to know that, especially the bolded parts.

Just thinking ... Kenny said the shoe was found "in the water right were the wreck was", would this point to some kind of incident right there while he was waiting that made him lose the shoe? Someone attacking him, taking him? It sounds very improbable because the time frame is so tight, but I'm puzzled why he wouldn't put his shoe back on while he stood there waiting or when he decided to walk away (for whatever reason) if it had come off during the accident or him scrambling out of the car. Could be he was too confused and shaken up to think of that?

Just thinking ... Kenny said the shoe was found "in the water right were the wreck was", would this point to some kind of incident right there while he was waiting that made him lose the shoe? Someone attacking him, taking him? It sounds very improbable because the time frame is so tight, but I'm puzzled why he wouldn't put his shoe back on while he stood there waiting or when he decided to walk away (for whatever reason) if it had come off during the accident or him scrambling out of the car. Could be he was too confused and shaken up to think of that?

Maybe Shane just didn't know where it landed or see it....

That was me that said maybe he heard police sirens and ran. But.. presumably, when the 911 caller was at the scene, he was not there anymore, which was before any sirens would have been heard. If he did decide to take off, it was sometime between that couple stopping and the 911 caller. Why would the police tell the 911 caller not to talk to the family? That is something I would look more into.

And why do you think the 911 caller refuses to talk to the family? :waitasec:

And did they send a picture?

I think Shane may have walked much farther than anyone thought before succumbing to head//internal injuries. That's why the searches did not find him.

But why he walked off instead of waiting for his brother is a mystery to me. Maybe he did hear police sirens as someone suggested and got scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada