LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had got his name off of that Run sheet they have on these site....This paper gives all time of dispatched emergency equipment and info of 911 caller...We had a family member try calling the 911 caller and he told this person the police told him not to talk to use....FUNNY HA....I tried myself several times even going to his work and he refused to talk....There was some friends of Shane that hired a PI and he was able to talk to him but the story stayed the same...

Something is strange here,

Why would LE tell the caller not to talk to Shane's family? Are they hiding something from family? Kenny, when was the last time family members communicated with LE about the case?

I could MAYBE see initially LE investigators, or attorney's saying "don't talk" because evidence is still being collected. However, even that doesn't seem to make sense. It has now been THREE YEARS since Shane went missing. Any information, any evidence that should bring closure to your family should NOT be hidden. Too much time has passed and now everything that the investigators know about the case should be made available to Shane's family!

Satch

That was me that said maybe he heard police sirens and ran. But.. presumably, when the 911 caller was at the scene, he was not there anymore, which was before any sirens would have been heard. If he did decide to take off, it was sometime between that couple stopping and the 911 caller. Why would the police tell the 911 caller not to talk to the family? That is something I would look more into.

Thank you for pointing this out (about the police sirens coming later). I should ve thought of that :facepalm: So we can cross that off the list.

It is indeed very strange that LE told the caller not to speak to family. I can only assume that he witnessed something that LE does not want to be divulged to anyone, not even family. This would also explain the cuts in the recording of the call which Kenny received on DVD.

Something is being held back by LE, but what and why?

Kenny, you said that the PI talked to the 911 caller but the "story stayed the same." Do you know what was the story that he told?

Also, do you or any of your family have an idea as to why Shane was on that road that night?

What a bizarre case....I will be following closely...he is a fellow Who Dat and that drew me in.

I haven't read back through this thread. So forgive me if I ask questions that were answered a long time ago. I'd like to know about the searches that were done. When were the searches? What was the radius? Who did the searching? What are the chances that Shane's body is still out there waiting to be found? We see cases years after year where a body is found within the search area months or years after the searching has stopped.

Did Shane have insurance? Would a hospital have treated him? Some hospitals have turned away patients without insurance.
By federal law every ER is required to stabilize any patient regardless of whether or not they have insurance. Then if they have no insurance they can be transferred to an indigent hospital. I can't remember which hospitals are on the West Bank, but I believe after a patient is stabilized, & since Katrina, all indigent patients go to LSU, the old Hotel Dieu hospital.

I haven't read back through this thread. So forgive me if I ask questions that were answered a long time ago. I'd like to know about the searches that were done. When were the searches? What was the radius? Who did the searching? What are the chances that Shane's body is still out there waiting to be found? We see cases years after year where a body is found within the search area months or years after the searching has stopped.

Did Shane have insurance? Would a hospital have treated him? Some hospitals have turned away patients without insurance.
Some of those questions are answered at the website, Help Find Shane Fell. Shane did have medical insurance.

Searches were conducted on foot, by air and by water, according to the website. Kenny can add more about the range, but from what I recall the foot searches covered a lot of ground.

The GPS tells me it at 29.903228 / 90.117298 There is a bend in the road and a pipe crossing the road to levee...This were the wreck site is..

Hmm...that's odd. I marked it at the coordinates from the incident report, just slightly east of the overhead pipe, at the edge of the Johns-Manville property.
Adding images for clarity. Click the thumbnails

b9b0dfN.jpg
Snipped from my Google map

HT8zppN.jpg
Shane's car from the video, June 2011

dSVo6ka.jpg
Image from the map, March 2011. The background matches the above image. Note the bent yellow post, and overhead pipe in the background.

Bumping links to these helpful posts to make sure Kenny doesn't miss them.
NOTE: If images are more than 800 px wide, it's best to post them as attachments. You can still use a tinypic, imagur, photobucket, etc. url; or browse and upload from your computer. If you paste them directly in the post they'll blow out the margins.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011

Cell pings........

did LE give reason why these tower pings could not be provided to family or was it the cell carrier that said that?

Something is strange here,

Why would LE tell the caller not to talk to Shane's family? Are they hiding something from family? Kenny, when was the last time family members communicated with LE about the case?

I could MAYBE see initially LE investigators, or attorney's saying "don't talk" because evidence is still being collected. However, even that doesn't seem to make sense. It has now been THREE YEARS since Shane went missing. Any information, any evidence that should bring closure to your family should NOT be hidden. Too much time has passed and now everything that the investigators know about the case should be made available to Shane's family!

Satch

This may have been their reasoning(?) at first:

http://helpfindshanefell.com/v2/?cat=4

Brett Fell said that when he went to report his brother's disappearance, he was told by authorities that it is not illegal for adults to go missing. In fact, Louisiana State Police initially told Brett Fell they viewed his brother as a suspect because he had walked away from the scene of an accident.

"Walked away"? Nobody saw him walk away. He was still there when he called his brother. He was still there when the young couple stopped to offer help.

Thinking of Shane, his family, and his friends today, the third anniversary of his disappearance.

Texas Equusearch was at least one of the groups that searched for Shane.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Tex...earch-for-missing-Westbank-man-124168314.html

Please understand that some police Departments don't allow outside teams to Search......We was contacted by them and they told us the was coming in town and would like to help....They came in on a Saturday afternoon we showed them what we searched...then my wife drove them around for hours in my car.They told us they was picking up help at the airport and would have boats annd drones on sunday....They helps us search on sunday and that was the last time we seen them.....We had a news media person ask were was Texas Equusearch and we told them we didn't know....

The pics you posted was correct....the spot on the levee is were the 911 caller called from and the pic you posted of the yellow pics sticking up is were shane's car came to rest...

Please understand that some police Departments don't allow outside teams to Search......We was contacted by them and they told us the was coming in town and would like to help....They came in on a Saturday afternoon we showed them what we searched...then my wife drove them around for hours in my car.They told us they was picking up help at the airport and would have boats annd drones on sunday....They helps us search on sunday and that was the last time we seen them.....We had a news media person ask were was Texas Equusearch and we told them we didn't know....

Are you saying, more or less, that the local LE ran Texas Equisearch off ? Would not allow them to complete their search ? If that's the case, I can't even begin to say how appalling that is. If I'm getting the wrong impression please correct me, because it sounds as though by your post, their search was ended rather abruptly.

Just trying to get a clear picture of what has really been going on so we can know what we have to work with. And thank you so much for coming here and contributing to the thread and helping us out. I have not the words for how badly I feel for what you're family has been going through. God Bless.

From that article:

"Col. John Fortunato, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Fell is one of only two adults to remain missing from Jefferson Parish in the past few years."

I wonder who the other person is...

This may have been their reasoning(?) at first:

http://helpfindshanefell.com/v2/?cat=4

"Walked away"? Nobody saw him walk away. He was still there when he called his brother. He was still there when the young couple stopped to offer help.

After reading this all pretty quick heres my take ..he got in the accident and right away with his adrenaline flowing made the phone calls just then someone pulls up offers him a ride to hospitol and along the way as things often do after a accident you dont know the exstent of your injuries untill u calm down or woarse you die ,he may of looked ok but who knows internal bleeding brain swelling and he goes into a cardiac arrest dies and now this driver maybe intoxicated or just someone with a bad past has a dead body in thier car and decides to do something with the situation like alot of people do they are panicing and do the wrong thing when they would have been fine if they just went to the hospital and explained the situation .but as we know some people maybe like i said maybe he had been drinking and had a past history with the law so he /they panicked and did something stupid......those are my inital thoughts anyway.

This was my post from like too days ago and i still think its a plausable scinario..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly