LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where are you?

I find it unsettling that the last we heard from Kenny it seems he was possibly set to meet with the female of the young couple. Hoping it wasn't a setup and that Kenny is just taking a much deserved rest.

I find it unsettling that the last we heard from Kenny it seems he was possibly set to meet with the female of the young couple. Hoping it wasn't a setup and that Kenny is just taking a much deserved rest.

I cannot speak for why Kenny is not posting here, but I can say that he is safe. Thankfully! :)

Bumping up for Shane and all the Fell's. Let's hope for closure soon!

Satch

Here's hoping this season will bring a breakthrough for the Fell family......

I rode around New Orleans today talking to myself about Shane and what possibly happened. What happened??? Where is he??? My gut doesn't have a clear feeling about what happened! He cant be homeless in New Orleans, someone would have seen him! We don't have snow and icy ground to hide a person. What happened to him??? He got in a wreck. He talked to people and said he had someone on the way. Then what? Did he run because he heard emergency vehicles before his brother got there? Where are you, man!!! Help us find you! I have been following Derick Higgins case and I keep coming back to Shane. Is he in another state living on the streets, like Derick was? I wonder how incredibly difficult it would be to search state arrests in other states of homeless people and look through photos for him. That's how Derick was found. He was arrested and his fingerprints were matched, but not for a while after. Then, his family identified him in an arrest photo. So confusing.

I rode around New Orleans today talking to myself about Shane and what possibly happened. What happened??? Where is he??? My gut doesn't have a clear feeling about what happened! He cant be homeless in New Orleans, someone would have seen him! We don't have snow and icy ground to hide a person. What happened to him??? He got in a wreck. He talked to people and said he had someone on the way. Then what? Did he run because he heard emergency vehicles before his brother got there? Where are you, man!!! Help us find you! I have been following Derick Higgins case and I keep coming back to Shane. Is he in another state living on the streets, like Derick was? I wonder how incredibly difficult it would be to search state arrests in other states of homeless people and look through photos for him. That's how Derick was found. He was arrested and his fingerprints were matched, but not for a while after. Then, his family identified him in an arrest photo. So confusing.

Wow! Glad to see he was found! Looks like he does have head injuries which it wouldn't surprise me if Shane has too. According to Shane's NamUs profile there are no finger prints.

Luciano: Parents of Derick Higgins say he's looking forward to coming home By Phil Luciano of the Journal Star Updated Jan 21, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Derick Higgins does not recall what triggered almost two years of cross-country wanderlust, his parents said Wednesday.

Higgins, 23, still hospitalized Wednesday in San Diego, has a compromised memory, his parents told the Journal Star by phone. They said Higgins, a native of the Fulton County village of Smithfield, recalls spending the past 22 months alone on the streets, begging for money and fending off robbers...

...Family last saw Higgins, then 21, about 7 a.m. March 21, 2013, when he left his rural Smithfield residence in a 1998 Buick LeSabre. Investigators recovered the abandoned vehicle a few days later outside Tallahassee, Fla., after it had been involved in a minor accident. After the wreck, Higgins, who had been the Class 1A state champion in the 300-meter hurdles in 2009, was classified as “endangered” by police. Relatives speculated he might have suffered head trauma....

Higgins next surfaced in Las Vegas last June, when he was twice arrested under the alias Adam Wilson on vagrancy charges. Last fall, Fulton County detectives learned of his whereabouts when fingerprints taken during the arrest matched up with Higgins.

Saturday, San Diego Harbor police identified Derick Higgins by happenstance. A patrol officer had been patrolling an area rife with graffiti complaints when he spotted a young man, said Sgt. Todd Rakos. The squad car neared the man, who acted “really suspicious,” Rakos said. “He turned around and walked away.”

The officer asked for the man’s name, and he replied “Derick Higgins” — and provided the authentic birth date. A computer check showed that Higgins had been reported missing — and had been flagged for “medical issues,” Rakos said....

Higgins seems physically fine, aside from two small bumps on his head, his father said. The hospital ran a blood test and found no signs of drugs, his father said.

However, for reasons not yet understood, Higgins’ memory is spotty, his father said.

“He’s struggling with memory problems,” his father said. “ ...

... Beyond his parents, he can recall some family members, as demonstrated as he thumbed through a photo album provided by his mother.

“Every once in a while, you’d see a slight smile, like someone came back in a memory,” his father said.

Higgins can recollect his Smithfield home, his parents said. But he cannot much recall his whereabouts before San Diego. As for his “Adam” alias, Higgins seems clueless, his father said.

“We asked who Adam is,” his father said. “He said he didn’t know any Adam.”

I think Derick is home now but still struggling. His family wrote a very impressive post on their facebook page they had when Derick was missing.

I think Derick is home now but still struggling. His family wrote a very impressive post on their facebook page they had when Derick was missing.

gonna be a long road
Hurry Higgins & Hurdle Home February 18 · Carbondale, IL 2/18/15 Road to Recovery - Derick’s Update - Homeless to Home

We have had a lot of people ask about Derick. Therefore, here is a summary of the last month.

Wow! Glad to see he was found! Looks like he does have head injuries which it wouldn't surprise me if Shane has too. According to Shane's NamUs profile there are no finger prints.

Wait! This just hit me! No finger prints on file??? Well, thats a serious problem! I wonder if thats correct. He could be in prison somewhere and no one would ever know!

Wait! This just hit me! No finger prints on file??? Well, thats a serious problem! I wonder if thats correct. He could be in prison somewhere and no one would ever know!

Do you mean, if he was in prison, he wouldn't be connected to being a missing person because NamUs doesn't have prints on file? I suppose that's possible but wouldn't he have had to give his name through the process of being incarcerated? So, while even though no connection was made, he could at least be tracked down if arrest records were looked through. Does anyone know if this angle has been looked at?

Do you mean, if he was in prison, he wouldn't be connected to being a missing person because NamUs doesn't have prints on file? I suppose that's possible but wouldn't he have had to give his name through the process of being incarcerated? So, while even though no connection was made, he could at least be tracked down if arrest records were looked through. Does anyone know if this angle has been looked at?

Exactly!!! If he was homeless, had no ID, gave a different name, they wouldn't know any differently. I do not think this has been explored yet. I am waiting on information if he had ever been printed and can get the records to Namus

Exactly!!! If he was homeless, had no ID, gave a different name, they wouldn't know any differently. I do not think this has been explored yet. I am waiting on information if he had ever been printed and can get the records to Namus

Sadly,

It is possible that Shane Fell could be living homeless, under an alias identity, or incarcerated, and know one would know. Gut feeling is that whether alive or passed away, he is in New Orleans, and if passed away, I think a cover up could be involved. If alive, Shane could be a victim of amnesia due to the auto accident.

Satch

Couldn't they get Shane's prints off the car if they wanted to ... and confirm they are his by comparing with prints found at his residence?

Couldn't they get Shane's prints off the car if they wanted to ... and confirm they are his by comparing with prints found at his residence?

Family is trying to get the prints from one place to NAMUS. I sincerely hope that this is a piece that can help bring him home, whatever the situation may be. No one can just vanish, so he is somewhere!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieleeds
Back