GUILTY LA - Talaija Dorsey, 12, St James, 1 July 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/07/st_james_parish_girl_body_foun.html

Martin declined to give details about the condition of the girl's body or the cause of death other than to say she has likely been dead since around the time she was reported missing.

The sheriff did confirm that Talaija's mother's fiancé, John Celestine, 43, who had been named a person of interest in the case and was charged with obstruction of justice, has been upgraded to a suspect. He is being held at the St. James Parish Sheriff's Office Jail in Convent, and reportedly has not been cooperating with investigators. Louisiana State Police are working forensics at the scene and hope to uncover evidence within the next couple of days to move the case forward...

Martin said he found the body around 10:20 a.m. Sunday. State Police Lt. Todd Toloudis said Martin was searching for the body alone this morning when he found it. Asked if Martin has often searched on his own for the body since the child had been missing, Toloudis said, "He's a very good law-enforcement officer."

Video from the press conference:

http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/07/st_james_body_found_missing_gi.html

Deleted prior post. Only fb I've found is years old. Twitter account I wasn't sure was him, so didn't want a TOS~

Will keep looking.

Talaija, I'm sorry. You deserved more in life.

Yeah, that picture kind of got me. I am so sad for her. I dont understand how someone who has seen a sweet child laugh and sing can then kill them. To know them is to love them, right?? PLEASE, stop harming children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your hands to yourself, respect other people and we will all be fine!
I just saw the familiar commercial that says, "Children are dying everyday from hunger and sickness." We can cure hunger. Can we cure the evil "sickness" that takes these precious innocents? I'm afraid we can't, and it kills me.

To be perfectly honest, I was trying to stay away from this latest "story" because it's just too damn painful! Truth is, we have a responsibility to face the music. We must look the evil in the eye. The future of the innocents depends on ALL of US.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20140706/MULTIMEDIA/140709730

Celestine remained in the St. James Parish Jail in Convent... He and Emma Dorsey have been engaged for two years but had known each other much longer, authorities have said.

Martin said "we have to rule out" two other people as possibly involved, but he does not consider either a suspect. He would not identify them. Investigators are trying to learn where they were when Dorsey disappeared, Martin said.

http://stjamessheriff.com/PressRoom/PressRoomDisplay.asp?p1=3035&p2=Y

As the investigation into the disappearance of Talaija moved forward, St. James detectives developed a person of interest on July 1st, 2014. Through their investigation, sheriff’s detectives obtained an arrest warrant for John D. Celestine (B/M, DOB 10/25/1971, 8303 Pecan Street, St. James, LA) charging him with LA R.S. 14:130.1 Felony Obstruction of Justice and LA R.S. 14:403.3(C) Reports of missing children; false reports or communications. John D. Celestine is the fiancé of Talaija’s mother, and is residing with them in the same home. Due to the potential of additional charges, elements of the investigation involving John Celestine are not being released. He is currently incarcerated at the St. James Parish Sheriff’s Office Jail in Convent, LA awaiting bond.

rest well pretty girl

:tears:

Smith said Talaija disappeared Tuesday morning between 4:30 and 7:30 a.m. Her younger sister was the last to see her in the home.
**snipped**
Celestine has been charged with felony obstruction of justice and filing a false report of missing children.
"We've been together over six years," Smith said. "He's been here for five years living with us since my baby was born. He saw her grow up. I would like to think that he didn't do anything."

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...mes-girl-heads-into-jefferson-parish/26793588

The St. James community home where Talaija, her mother and Celestine live is owned by Talaija’s grandfather, Lawrence Smith, who also lives there.
Smith said Thursday that he watched deputies handcuff Celestine, 43, and take him into custody.
“They came and searched his car. They handcuffed him right there,” Smith said, standing in his front yard on Thursday, with his cousin Lenora Watts.

http://theadvocate.com/home/9632499-125/missing-girls-slippers-found-in

Article states Celestine works in construction and lived in Houston Tx before moving to LA.

http://theadvocate.com/home/9632499-125/missing-girls-slippers-found-in

Interesting comment under article by a RH. Not sure if truth, she knows the family, the perp, or what.

Is that home a trailer? How many bedrooms are typical? 3? 4 at the most? From an article I linked earlier, we know there were at least 3 adults living there...and at least 2 kids, not sure how many others...but if truly 8 people...8 adults?? Maybe that's why the one article said they were looking others.

Haven't looked up property records or anything...was basically trying to find social media accounts, but too many John Celestine's for me to feel 100% about posting any of them.

Martin says they gathered some of important evidence in the cane field where found the body and in the vehicle 42-year-old John Celestine was driving.

"The key thing right now is the forensics that we are going to be waiting on," the sheriff explained. "I think we probably will have some of that in the next couple of days."

Martin says Celestine has refused to talk.

http://www.wwl.com/Cops-work-to-build-case-in-girl-s-murder/19356824?rand=1172517145

:anguish:In all of this, I just wonder what his motive was? What would make you just kill a child for absolutely no reason? I know it must be hard for mom, but how could all this have gone unseen if she was in the house? I think JC may have tried to force himself on TD the night before. Maybe she fought him, and things ended badly. Then still, I think the mother would have heard that. It was also mentioned that the sister was the last to see her around 430-5am, was mom asleep? Not even there? If TD's friend came to pick her up around 7am, did the mother not check-in earlier to make sure TD was waking up soon to get dressed for camp?

Or maybe JC came into TD's room and said they were going to take a "ride" (explaining the house slippers). Maybe something happened in the van, and TD was able to escape the van. JC chases her into the the cane field, and that was the end.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I just want to know why this happened to this sweet child. RIP Baby girl

was her body found close to home? I just saw cane field. Just wondering if it was close to home or in the other parish they were searching.

Heartbreaking... hope this beautiful young lady gets the justice she deserves after having her life cut so tragically short.

I thought it was a good idea to post information about the car again, as it's still missing and could hold evidence.

Police: Vehicle latest focus in search for missing girl
BY ELLYN COUVILLION
July 06, 2014

The St. James Parish Sheriff’s Office is asking for help from anyone who might have seen John Celestine’s 2001 white, four-door Chrysler Concorde on or about Tuesday, July 1, the day 12-year-old Talaija Dorsey went missing. Investigators want to know where the car was seen.

Update: Body of missing girl found
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2014 1:00 pm - Updated: 7:38 am, Mon Jul 7, 2014.
By Stephen Hemelt L’Observateur

On Friday authorities said they were looking for a 2001 white Chrysler Concord, four- door, in connection with the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 1-855-TIPS-247, text a tip to 888777 or call 1-877-903-STOP. There may be a $2,500 reward.

53b7056ec2a45.image.jpg

I have to say the car thing confuses me a bit.

They arrested him based on the fact that they found her slippers in the mini-van.

But they're looking for his car.

Do you guys take that as he perhaps killed her in the mini-van (thus the slippers being there) but they think there's more evidence and/or whatever he used to kill her in his car (or just flat out more evidence as in he transported her in that?)

They obviously thought the slippers in the van were really significant and is (at least from what they're saying) a foundation of what pointed to him.

But it doesn't seem like he had a heck of a lot of time, so to have two vehicles involved is a little surprising (to me)

Especially since if she was last seen at half four, giving only about an hour till sun-up at which point it'd seem harder for him to have not been noticed. (Although they also talked about him going to work at 4 am, so that is REALLY odd w/ her being seen at 4:30 or 5 by her sister)

Or am I missing something on all this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back